Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Dec 11, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #5,641 of 6,223
Does the demo E12, nozzles does it have a protective mesh screen to prevent debris from entering the IEM or is it open/no screen as shown with my E12 (see attached)?

All of my IEMs have a mesh covered nozzle except for E12.

IMG_0488.JPG
thanks! I just checked. The demo unit I have looks the same as yours, ie. no mesh screen. I can see through.

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #5,642 of 6,223
Review will be up in a day or two.

1702392357223.png

... and yes, there is no mesh screen cover, but I will leave the official answer to Bogdan :)

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #5,644 of 6,223
Just dropping by to say that I am so happy with the RN6 ❤️‍🔥 that I hardly come by anymore out here :ksc75smile:
Plugged to the N30LE with the PW Orpheus, this is as good as it gets and hardly get my DCA Stealth out, it really feels almost like a headphone :heart_eyes:

I know I have to write that review, but well I am sucked in... it's been 5 months so you can't call it honeymoon :p

What an all rounder, it's so smooth and refined, somewhat understated which some people with a quick audition might overlook but my oh my in the long run and with the proper source/cable combo not even looking at anything else really... :clap:

Dec 13, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #5,645 of 6,223
Hi, I have recently purchased FiR RN6. Atomx modules on my iems doesnt have same fit. On my right iem there is no resistance / pressure when inserting or pulling it out. I have also noticed somewhat lover bass response on my right iem where the Atomx module is looser. Have YOU anyone noticed similar issue ? Thank YOU for your responce.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #5,646 of 6,223
Hi, I have recently purchased FiR RN6. Atomx modules on my iems doesnt have same fit. On my right iem there is no resistance / pressure when inserting or pulling it out. I have also noticed somewhat lover bass response on my right iem where the Atomx module is looser. Have YOU anyone noticed similar issue ? Thank YOU for your responce.
I would reach out to Bogdan or Fir support. I’m sure they’ll be willing to advise and help you. Their customer service is very good.

I’m so impressed by the different innovations in the Rn6 but I do have serious doubts when it comes to the Atomx module system and the long term durability of swapping them out constantly. There’s just so many things that go wrong due to human error. I think you have to be very careful replacing the modules and the process should never be rushed. Even though the responsibility is ultimately on the owner, I still think there is a moderate risk by design every time you swap the modules. I think it’s best to find a module you like and stick with it.

Dec 13, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #5,647 of 6,223
I absolutly agree with all you wrote. It is admirable that they are trying to push limitation of current possibilities of construction and tech in iems, and I am fan of that. But I can only imagine how demanding It can be to construct the diameter of Atomx modules in iems constantly in number of iems without mistake. I will reach out to Bogdan or FiR for help. Kozwoz thank you for responce.

Dec 13, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #5,648 of 6,223
I would reach out to Bogdan or Fir support. I’m sure they’ll be willing to advise and help you. Their customer service is very good.

I’m so impressed by the different innovations in the Rn6 but I do have serious doubts when it comes to the Atomx module system and the long term durability of swapping them out constantly. There’s just so many things that go wrong due to human error. I think you have to be very careful replacing the modules and the process should never be rushed. Even though the responsibility is ultimately on the owner, I still think there is a moderate risk by design every time you swap the modules. I think it’s best to find a module you like and stick with it.
I have dropped one on carpet at midnight... and vacuumed my room... and sorted through the filter... to find it wedged between the baseboard mould and the carpet...
It was devastating (almost).

Dec 13, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #5,649 of 6,223
I have dropped one on carpet at midnight... and vacuumed my room... and sorted through the filter... to find it wedged between the baseboard mould and the carpet...
It was devastating (almost).
I had a problem with a black module on my RN6. After going between the red, black, and silver modules a few times, the recessed hole at the top of a black module - where the 9mm bit goes into - became stretched out to a larger diameter. Consequently, the bit would not fit tightly into the recess, and I couldn't screw or pull out the module. Had to push a 10mm screw driver bit into the enlarged recess to extract the module.

I called Fir Audio's customer service the next day and talked to Jessica (I believe). She mailed 2 black modules out to me that afternoon - which I have since received. These modules are made of aluminum and are somewhat soft. Module roll at your own peril.

Tim

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:27 AM Post #5,650 of 6,223
I had a problem with a black module on my RN6. After going between the red, black, and silver modules a few times, the recessed hole at the top of a black module - where the 9mm bit goes into - became stretched out to a larger diameter. Consequently, the bit would not fit tightly into the recess, and I couldn't screw or pull out the module. Had to push a 10mm screw driver bit into the enlarged recess to extract the module.

I called Fir Audio's customer service the next day and talked to Jessica (I believe). She mailed 2 black modules out to me that afternoon - which I have since received. These modules are made of aluminum and are somewhat soft. Module roll at your own peril.

Tim
She's great! The trick is angling the tool with some pressure and gently backing them out. The wincing comes when push fitting them back into the plastic holder which requires forcing them straight down (in some slots not all). But with the newer anodized AtomXS and no paint flying off, I'm not worried. Perhaps got lucky with tolerances!

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #5,652 of 6,223
As promised, here is my full detailed review of Electron 12 (E12). Enjoy the read!

firaudio-e12-08.jpg firaudio-e12-11.jpg
firaudio-e12-14.jpg firaudio-e12-22.jpg

Dec 14, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #5,653 of 6,223
Does anyone know where I can buy more of the stock black foam tips that come with the Rn6? I can’t see any sold on the Fir website.
IIRC it's the same foam eartips used in 64A IEM's so you can order it from them 😁
https://www.64audio.com/collections/eartips
It's their TrueFidelity foam eartips model, or if you want some alternative you can check the Comply brand 😉

Dec 14, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #5,654 of 6,223
IIRC it's the same foam eartips used in 64A IEM's so you can order it from them 😁
https://www.64audio.com/collections/eartips
It's their TrueFidelity foam eartips model, or if you want some alternative you can check the Comply brand 😉
I would love to agree with you but no they’re different. 64 Audio tips are shallower where’s as Fir are longer. They also use a different foam. 64 Audio tips are waxier whereas Fir is a grippier foam. Subtle differences I know but they’re a different shape. Fir have a longer stem that comes in more at the top of the tip, so there’s deeper insertion.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #5,655 of 6,223
I would love to agree with you but no they’re different. 64 Audio tips are shallower where’s as Fir are longer. They also use a different foam. 64 Audio tips are waxier whereas Fir is a grippier foam.
Well can't comment about that because I never use the stock foam tips on RN6. It's my assumption because they are from "same" company, hence it's not available on the FiR website. I still have the foam eartips from 64a back then when I use Fourté and I don't like it because it makes my ears itchy ☹️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back