Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Oct 30, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #5,357 of 6,223
Radon6 + Coreair + this Album = Mind Blowing!!!

A1dQDmeCwXL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Oct 31, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #5,358 of 6,223
Good evening everybody. :wink: Today arrive to me new ear tips from Symbio W Mandarin ES. And i must say, this ear tips move XE6 to next level. Of course for me. Its little bit open soundstage, but i feel huge increase deep of soundstage. Better separation. In bass tones if i compare it to older Symbio W version, its much cleaner. For me this is upgrade, what i not expecting. I recommend to test this ear tips.

Problem i have with dimension and correct fit to my ears. Old version M version are 12,5 mm outer dimension. This fit in my ears perfectly. Here new Mandarin M version are 12 mm. Next L version are 13 mm. I must order it and try it. But i must say - wau. For me number 1 ear tips. :wink:

20231027_182822.jpg
Nice. I’m always tip rolling. I thought I settled on the xelastec. But had to change last week, and went for the old symbio W. Does do it great right now. So maybe I will try these new ones.

Oct 31, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #5,359 of 6,223
Nice. I’m always tip rolling. I thought I settled on the xelastec. But had to change last week, and went for the old symbio W. Does do it great right now. So maybe I will try these new ones.
Hello el-jorge. Its only tip. Maybe someone dont agree with me. I fully undertand. But this ear tips are not that expensive. So why not. :wink:

As i say before. Please check dimension. Because i order "M" version (Same like Symbio W). And for my ears its small. I dont know why they change it from 12,5 to 12 mm. So i must order "L" which are 13mm. This week will be here. And added to the order new Divinus Velvet and Pentaconn COREIR too. Later this week i will write here some my feelings. :wink:

By the way. I try this Symbio Mandarin at the Empire ears Odin. And when XE6 are WOW, Odin are WOW WOW. :L3000: Only joke and not info for this thread. But its amazing.

Nov 4, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #5,360 of 6,223
I have the chance to blind buy Radon 6 tomorrow or day after. I primarily listen to drum and bass and electronic music. Can someone please comment how it fairs with these two genres specifically? I worry about the Radon’s treble that it could get too hot. People refer to it as emphasised and a bit spicy at times. Please help me out with some insight.

Nov 4, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #5,361 of 6,223
I have the chance to blind buy Radon 6 tomorrow or day after. I primarily listen to drum and bass and electronic music. Can someone please comment how it fairs with these two genres specifically? I worry about the Radon’s treble that it could get too hot. People refer to it as emphasised and a bit spicy at times. Please help me out with some insight.
I think it’s fantastic for those genres. I love the Rn6 treble, zero issues with it.

Nov 4, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #5,362 of 6,223
Yesterday I bought RN6 blindly, after 3-long years with my solo TOTL IEM, IERZ1R. Here’s my question to all RN6 owners here, what are your top 3 cables for it and what kind of changes did each bring to sound?

Nov 4, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #5,363 of 6,223
Yesterday I bought RN6 blindly, after 3-long years with my solo TOTL IEM, IERZ1R. Here’s my question to all RN6 owners here, what are your top 3 cables for it and what kind of changes did each bring to sound?
Code 23 pairs well with XE6 so I assume might work with RN6 as well. But worst ergonomic for IEM cable.

Nov 4, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #5,364 of 6,223
The exclusive stock silver cable that's included with RN6 is very, very good IMO. I don't find myself wanting for anything with it.

I did just spend the last week auditioning a friend's Eletech Raphael and really enjoyed it paired with RN6. It retained the excellent detail retrieval and technical ability the stock silver cable yields while injecting a bit of additional warmth across the FR, most notably to my ears from the upper mids through treble. I felt it helped smooth out the upper mids some with a gentle, subtle lift. The treble felt slightly fuller and less etched than stock. I didn't hear any change in bass compared to stock. Still punchy, visceral and well textured down low.

A very nice pairing and I'd say slots in as a 1a / 1b ranking for me versus the stock silver cable. Both great, just slightly different flavors of the RN6's profile.

1699151182821.png

Nov 4, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #5,365 of 6,223
The exclusive stock silver cable that's included with RN6 is very, very good IMO. I don't find myself wanting for anything with it.

I did just spend the last week auditioning a friend's Eletech Raphael and really enjoyed it paired with RN6. It retained the excellent detail retrieval and technical ability the stock silver cable yields while injecting a bit of additional warmth across the FR, most notably to my ears from the upper mids through treble. I felt it helped smooth out the upper mids some with a gentle, subtle lift. The treble felt slightly fuller and less etched than stock. I didn't hear any change in bass compared to stock. Still punchy, visceral and well textured down low.

A very nice pairing and I'd say slots in as a 1a / 1b ranking for me versus the stock silver cable. Both great, just slightly different flavors of the RN6's profile.

1699151182821.png
Thank you. Raphael & Fusion 1 are what I’m looking at, but have seen many posts that stock cable is also very good one.

Nov 5, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #5,367 of 6,223
Yeah. It’s ergonomics are pretty bad for IEMs.
Especially if compared with RN6 stock...very similar sound, but ergo is night and day.

Nov 5, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #5,368 of 6,223
I've been auditioning Rn6 as part of a tour for the last 2+ weeks, and I'll share my full impressions in a few days' time, but I haven't found Rn6 treble to be too spicy or in any way over emphasised with EDM, electronic, Rap, hip-hop or anything else that pushes the limits at both ends of the FR. In fact I'd say Rn6, along with Xe6 both seem purpose built for these genres, the difference depending whether you want an emphasis on sub-bass (Rn6) or mid-bass (Xe6)

Here's an example of something that is right in the sweet spot for Rn6 imho:

Hard to imagine any disappointment with Rn6 if you primarily listen to drum and bass and electronic music. Buy with confidence.

Nov 5, 2023 at 5:12 AM Post #5,369 of 6,223
Another confirmation for drum and bass - I can say it has satisfactory sub-bass and transition to mid-bass and overall tonality is balanced, which suits me because I don't like when iems are just about bass. About treble, I was previously using the mest mk2 which was more airy and open to my ears, so treble is definitely not spicy when I switched to rn6, I actually thought it was recessed maybe because of that switch I made. It sounded like a side-grade from mest mk2 for me.

Nov 5, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #5,370 of 6,223
Hands down, the Brise Shirogane. Huge step up in every respect (soundstage, detail, bass, treble quality…). Really elevates the Rn6.

The Rn6 is quite flexible, though, with respect to the cables that work with it. Orpheus, FTS, Yatono 8w and OTL are also good pairings that I’ve tried, though each with their own tuning. It’s just that the Shirogane has the best synergy, for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back