Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Oct 27, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #5,343 of 6,244
Oct 27, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #5,344 of 6,244
😁😁😁 I know the obvious answer here. But still wanna try.
They are very different experiences to be honest, RN6 is more neutral to me and more open sounding, there is more midbass and air around notes. Odin is going after a crystalline, detail orientated sound, excelling in layering and separation. Odins sub bass reaches deeper to my ear and the upper mids put vocals much more to the forefront. Odin easily surpasses RN6 in soundstage depth, clear cut separation and layering but is narrower.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #5,345 of 6,244
RN6 vs EE Odin? Which ones better overall?
I have both, use both and will continue to use both. (at least that's the current plan). Since there are 50 million great reviews for both, here is my totally subjective view (the YMMV etc. thing...)

I can listen to the Rn6 for ever. Nothing annoys me, many things delight me. It's not a microscope but instead one of the nicest tuned allrounders for a "harmonic" listen. I use it for everything, except for classical music and it never leaves me disappointed.

Odin, on the other hand, is a bit trickier to use but can also be exceptionally rewarding, if the player and the track allow for it (I'm not much into cables). Rewarding in a sense that sometimes, something sounds exceptionally great with Odin. E.g., Odin can be super-detailed (microscope) but still not become analytical / dry. I would not say it had less sub bass than Rn6, but certainly less mid bass TME (to my ears). This is why I think Odin's sub bass is so delicious - it's not buried behind mid bass and generates this deep & sweet rumble. Moreover, it's very accurate and resolving. Which can go on my nerves after some time occassionally - yes, I'm also in team "Odin can have borderline upper mids". Genres: I can use Odin for every genre, including classical. TME Odin has exceptional synergies with the P6Pro (R2R). Rn6 sounds great with the P6Pro too - but that DAP tames or rounds Odin's upper registers and lifts up the entire experience.

If it came down to picking only one, I'd pick Radon due to its allrounder capabilities (plus you can finetune it further). With that choice, I would not get the occassional 125% performance induced by Odin but stunning performance across the board nonetheless.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #5,346 of 6,244
They are very different experiences to be honest, RN6 is more neutral to me and more open sounding, there is more midbass and air around notes. Odin is going after a crystalline, detail orientated sound, excelling in layering and separation. Odins sub bass reaches deeper to my ear and the upper mids put vocals much more to the forefront. Odin easily surpasses RN6 in soundstage depth, clear cut separation and layering but is narrower.
Thanks for the comparison. Very helpful.

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #5,347 of 6,244
I have both, use both and will continue to use both. (at least that's the current plan). Since there are 50 million great reviews for both, here is my totally subjective view (the YMMV etc. thing...)

I can listen to the Rn6 for ever. Nothing annoys me, many things delight me. It's not a microscope but instead one of the nicest tuned allrounders for a "harmonic" listen. I use it for everything, except for classical music and it never leaves me disappointed.

Odin, on the other hand, is a bit trickier to use but can also be exceptionally rewarding, if the player and the track allow for it (I'm not much into cables). Rewarding in a sense that sometimes, something sounds exceptionally great with Odin. E.g., Odin can be super-detailed (microscope) but still not become analytic / dry. I would not say it has less sub bass than Rn6, but certainly less mid bass TME (to my ears). This is why I think Odin's sub bass is so delicious - it's not buried behind mid bass and generates this deep & sweet rumble. Moreover, it's very accurate and resolving. Which can go on my nerves after some time occassionally - yes, I'm also in team "Odin can have borderline upper mids". Genres: I can use Odin for every genre, including classical. TME Odin has exceptional synergies with the P6Pro (R2R). Yes, the Rm6 sounds great with the P6Pro too - but it tames or rounds Odin's upper registers and lifts up the entire experience.

If it came down to picking only one, I'd pick the Radon due to its allrounder capabilities (plus you can finetune it further). I would not get the occassional 125% performance induced by Odin but stunning performance across the board nonetheless.
Thanks for the detailed response. Very helpful indeed.

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #5,348 of 6,244
So it seems you have tried Raven as well. So, according to you, is it as technical, detail oriented as Odin?

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #5,349 of 6,244
Oct 27, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #5,350 of 6,244
Oct 27, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #5,351 of 6,244
So it seems you have tried Raven as well. So, according to you, is it as technical, detail oriented as Odin?
It’s more fun (imo) than Odin and less crystalline / matter of fact but technicalities are very high, leaning closer to Odin in that regard. It does have a more universal signature however so it’s more like RN6 in that regard, more of an all rounder. If I had to distill their sounds I’d say RN6 is slightly “U” shaped, Odin is sub bass and upper mid emphasised and Raven is “W” shaped.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #5,352 of 6,244
Good evening everybody. :wink: Today arrive to me new ear tips from Symbio W Mandarin ES. And i must say, this ear tips move XE6 to next level. Of course for me. Its little bit open soundstage, but i feel huge increase deep of soundstage. Better separation. In bass tones if i compare it to older Symbio W version, its much cleaner. For me this is upgrade, what i not expecting. I recommend to test this ear tips.

Problem i have with dimension and correct fit to my ears. Old version M version are 12,5 mm outer dimension. This fit in my ears perfectly. Here new Mandarin M version are 12 mm. Next L version are 13 mm. I must order it and try it. But i must say - wau. For me number 1 ear tips. :wink:

20231027_182822.jpg

Oct 27, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #5,353 of 6,244
The Eletech Baroque were a failed experiment for my KR5. I could only get a poor seal with the mediums so I doubled down and ordered the large. If anything they were a worse seal than the mediums, Not quite sure how that could be possible but that was my experience. I have ordered the Azla Max and the Symbio W to try next. Anybody that wants to try these for a nominal price PM me.

Oct 27, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #5,354 of 6,244

Odin, on the other hand, is a bit trickier to use but can also be exceptionally rewarding, if the player and the track allow for it (I'm not much into cables). Rewarding in a sense that sometimes, something sounds exceptionally great with Odin. E.g., Odin can be super-detailed (microscope) but still not become analytic / dry. I would not say it has less sub bass than Rn6, but certainly less mid bass TME (to my ears). This is why I think Odin's sub bass is so delicious - it's not buried behind mid bass and generates this deep & sweet rumble. Moreover, it's very accurate and resolving. Which can go on my nerves after some time occassionally - yes, I'm also in team "Odin can have borderline upper mids". Genres: I can use Odin for every genre, including classical. TME Odin has exceptional synergies with the P6Pro (R2R). Yes, the Rm6 sounds great with the P6Pro too - but it tames or rounds Odin's upper registers and lifts up the entire experience.

If it came down to picking only one, I'd pick the Radon due to its allrounder capabilities (plus you can finetune it further). I would not get the occassional 125% performance induced by Odin but stunning performance across the board nonetheless.
I wholly agree with this summary. They complement each other very well. I originally sold an Odin to pick up the Rn6 and recently picked up a 2nd Odin since I missed it so much. The Rn6 is a great allrounder that works with everything imo. #teamstock cable, I cable rolled a fair number and always went back to stock.. it is a beauty. There are few other cables that I would like to try, hear very good word about, and will get there eventually. You can feel the bass with the Rn6's kinetic technology. Odin, is very technical and super detailed. The sub bass is great and precisely what I missed. A fair number of people do not like its noticeable high's in the treble region. Cable rolling with Odin is where it is at though. If you like cable rolling, Odin is good for that. In my experience, I have liked Eletech's Socrates 8W, Eletech OTL, and PWA's First Times Shielded.

Universal fitment wise, I would go with the Rn6. The shell design that it uses just melds into my ear, whereas with the Odin, it is a big larger, take a small amount more of effort to get a good seal with the right fit.. nothing major but just does not slide like butter like the Rn6. Small nitpick really.

It is my plan to keep both as well - no going back, gonna have to ride it out.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #5,355 of 6,244
Selling my RN6 stock cable for anyone interested. Please PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back