Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Aug 8, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #4,891 of 6,233
I got my own set in the post the other day, and starting to get familiar with them now, and comparing them to the uni. Initial thoughts are that the custom is even more revealing, with a bump up in technical performance such as stage size and resolution. Fit is absolutely perfect, and I hope to share some of the 'secrets' of FIR's exceptional custom IEM process in my next review/article.
But first Guy, we need pictures of those gorgeous customs 😁

My only experience with customs have been 64 and FiR. But whereas 64 tends to skew darker with their customs, FiR seems to have at minimum retained the same sound, if not better going into customs. I'm awaiting that validation (or not)

Aug 8, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #4,892 of 6,233
But first Guy, we need pictures of those gorgeous customs 😁

My only experience with customs have been 64 and FiR. But whereas 64 tends to skew darker with their customs, FiR seems to have at minimum retained the same sound, if not better going into customs. I'm awaiting that validation (or not)

Same experience with FiR, they seem to be more overall accurate put I haven't measured to confirm.

Aug 9, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #4,893 of 6,233
Same experience with FiR, they seem to be more overall accurate put I haven't measured to confirm.
One question I was wondering about is the filtering, are filter/modules strictly identically affecting the FR graph as the smaller module :thinking:

Aug 10, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #4,894 of 6,233
Hi guys, so I was mindlessly scrolling the Fir’s website and I saw a Rn6 cable page. Is it always been there or is that a new thing? Are they finally going to sell it? It’s nothing there so far tho.

https://www.firaudio.com/store/rn6-cable

Edit: I just checked Wayback Machine, one thing I can confirm is that the rn6 cable page wasn’t there on 3 June 2023 (the latest archive).
Guys, the Rn6 cable page is down…

Aug 10, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #4,895 of 6,233
So... this morning I woke up to the doorbell and look what the cat dragged in :heart_eyes:

IMG_7280.jpeg

IMG_7277.jpeg

Fit is perfect, and I have been rolling filters and settled on the Silver for now (but the red looks way better on those babies for pics :p)

I also rolled DAPs, my favorite pairing is WM1ZM2 followed by RS8 so far, but M9 Plus, N7 are great as well...

First impressions : this is the most resolving IEM I have owned, but it's not a fatiguing detailed signature either it's a very engaging IEM with superb technicalities, stage is really great with pinpoint imaging and every genre I threw at it sounded great it's clearly an all rounder. Kinetic bass is beautiful and filter rolling makes it quite flexible. The red filter already has excellent bass but the fun really starts with Silver. Gold make the RN6 more similar to my Sharona, I would have probably picked Gold if I didn't have it but Silver brings more air but I can see some recording or genres were Gold would fit better. Beauty of filters with real audible impact :). I love the RN6 mids and clearly since I auditionned M4 and M5 the tuning has matured beautifully in that respect :heartbeat: Up top I can't see anyone missing out on anything both in energy which is spot on engaging but never fatiguing and extension which competes with the best. Hats off for that anniversary release :100:

Anyway happy camper and I see many blissful hours ahead :ksc75smile:
Special mention for the stock cable which is excellent and it's too rare these days :thumbsup:

Thanks again to @gLer for convincing me to take the dive (spot on review also!) and Charles at Casques Headphones for the smooth process :thumbsup: and to Vlad at FiR for a speedy delivery despite a very busy schedule :pray:
Nice!!

Aug 10, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #4,896 of 6,233
Oh, I love it!!!

IMG_0717(2).JPG

Aug 10, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #4,897 of 6,233
Pretty sure the larger "custom" filters are meant to correspond to the same colors of the smaller "universal" ones...

Aug 10, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #4,901 of 6,233
Aug 11, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #4,903 of 6,233
new electron 12 and argon 4, from asian distributor page in HK digibrave, as there is a audio show right now in HK and Fir and Mr. Bogdan of Fir is there at the moment for the exhibition
Will go to there and definitely will try them out tomorrow! Been waiting for this audio show for a while as I want to order a Rn6 ciem, pretty good deal there!

Aug 11, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #4,904 of 6,233
Thanks, but I NEVER like reading his reviews, he the reason ALL hi-fi gears prices where it is now, NEVER even see a 4 stars reviews from him

Since you are new to head-fi, you probably confused me with someone else. I don't rate, rank, or give "awards" to anything I review. My reviews are neutral and based on pure description, pair up, and comparison as I hear it. Plus, none of my FirAudio reviews are on Head-fi. So, I don't know where you got that I gave XE6 or RN6 high star rating? Also, I wish I can take a credit for driving "ALL hi-fi gears prices", but again, I have no idea where you pulled this out of, unless you're confusing me with some other reviewers/influencers known for "omg, the best thing ever" :D

Imho, star-rating makes no sense to me because readers use it for a relative comparison between old and new products, and the same with ranking lists which would have to be updated for all the products on the list with every new review you add. And btw, I mentioned it in the past, even those reviews which I do mirror on head-fi, I just put 4.5 by default which has no meaning... But anyway, you obviously new to head-fi community, so just wanted to point it out. Plus, the usual, "welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet", which btw, I have nothing to do with :p

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #4,905 of 6,233
Thanks, but I NEVER like reading his reviews, he the reason ALL hi-fi gears prices where it is now, NEVER even see a 4 stars reviews from him
Since you are new to head-fi, you probably confused me with someone else. I don't rate, rank, or give "awards" to anything I review. My reviews are neutral and based on pure description, pair up, and comparison as I hear it. Plus, none of my FirAudio reviews are on Head-fi. So, I don't know where you got that I gave XE6 or RN6 high star rating? Also, I wish I can take a credit for driving "ALL hi-fi gears prices", but again, I have no idea where you pulled this out of, unless you're confusing me with some other reviewers/influencers known for "omg, the best thing ever" :D

Imho, star-ranking makes no sense to me because readers use it for a relative comparison between old and new products, and the same with ranking lists which would have to be updated for all the products on the list with every new review you add. And btw, I mentioned it in the past, even those reviews which I do mirror on head-fi, I just put 4.5 by default which has no meaning... But anyway, you obviously new to head-fi community, so just wanted to point it out. Plus, the usual, "welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet", which btw, I have nothing to do with :p
I can only agree with Alex. Honestly, for me personally he is a reference in such things. He is extremely knowledgeable and professional. He tests and describes like no one else in this field (well, to be honest, I recently discovered this website which is also quite detailed, but it’s still quite incomplete: https://soundlymusical.com). It's striking how much he makes me able to understand exactly how to perceive certain properties. And so far, I've never been disappointed. You can only rely on him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back