Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jul 18, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #4,756 of 6,538
Wanted to mention, as I have dived head first into my new Xe6, the Unique Melody umbrella/petal tips (I don't know what they're actually called) are doing very nicely!! They're really thin, they seal, and they get that Xe6 nozzle very deep! I use them with my Indigo so thought I'd try them here, too, and damn, they rock! Everything just sounds better and the KB is right up against my concha. For me, better than the Azla or spinfits.

20230714_182537.jpg

Honorable mention to the PWA FT cable I've had for months, that nothing else sounded right on, until Xe6 came and stole the freakin show! This is a lovely pairing and I'll compare it soon with a Code 23...battle of the coppers!

Can you order more of these? Curious to try them!

Jul 19, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #4,757 of 6,538
Can you order more of these? Curious to try them!
Wanted to mention, as I have dived head first into my new Xe6, the Unique Melody umbrella/petal tips (I don't know what they're actually called) are doing very nicely!! They're really thin, they seal, and they get that Xe6 nozzle very deep! I use them with my Indigo so thought I'd try them here, too, and damn, they rock! Everything just sounds better and the KB is right up against my concha. For me, better than the Azla or spinfits.

20230714_182537.jpg

Honorable mention to the PWA FT cable I've had for months, that nothing else sounded right on, until Xe6 came and stole the freakin show! This is a lovely pairing and I'll compare it soon with a Code 23...battle of the coppers!

As for me Pentaconn COREID (those with brass rings inside) sounds best with Xe6 - fuller and more precise than W1 (which I used almost a year now and choose after testing around 15 other tips models including Azla, JVC, Final E etc.).

I have the luck COREID fit my ears with kinetic bass.
Using them few weeks now and I am impressed how dynamic and clean they are.

Jul 20, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #4,758 of 6,538
As for me Pentaconn COREID (those with brass rings inside) sounds best with Xe6 - fuller and more precise than W1 (which I used almost a year now and choose after testing around 15 other tips models including Azla, JVC, Final E etc.).

I have the luck COREID fit my ears with kinetic bass.
Using them few weeks now and I am impressed how dynamic and clean they are.
I need to try these...

Jul 21, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #4,759 of 6,538
What is everyone using? I am using SpinFit CP 145.

Jul 21, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #4,760 of 6,538
Hey guys, I just published an interview with @bogdan belonozhko as part of our new THL Insights series of articles.

You'll find it online here.

cover.jpg

PS. Hope you like the concept and feel free to comment here, there, or by DM.

Jul 21, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #4,761 of 6,538
Hey guys, I just published an interview with @bogdan belonozhko as part of our new THL Insights series of articles.

cover.jpg

Great read mate. Well done.

Jul 21, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #4,763 of 6,538
What is everyone using? I am using SpinFit CP 145.
Pentaconn COREID - criminally expensive but sounds by far the best of all tips I tried (around 20+ now).
My second place is Spinfit W1 - these seem to work for almost everyone as a great upgrade.

Jul 21, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #4,764 of 6,538
Pentaconn COREID - criminally expensive but sounds by far the best of all tips I tried (around 20+ now).
My second place is Spinfit W1 - these seem to work for almost everyone as a great upgrade.
Pity W1 small is still too big/deep for me. One size down would be ideal.

Jul 21, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #4,765 of 6,538
Pity W1 small is still too big/deep for me. One size down would be ideal.

Unfortunatelly you will probably expect the same issue with COREID - their sizes are slightly bigger than W1.

Jul 21, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #4,767 of 6,538

Enjoyed reading your interview with Bodgen, mon ami! I've always "behind the scenes" format / interviews with different brands, artists, creators etc, and looking forward to more THL's Insight series. :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #4,768 of 6,538

cover.jpg

Excellent as usual!

Jul 21, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #4,769 of 6,538

cover.jpg

Great interview, Guy! These guys are inspirational examples of what's going right with young entrepreneurs in the US. Congrats to them on their success!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back