Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Sep 29, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #3,136 of 6,224
I think Xe6 is the easiest one to love in Fir lineup.

Kr5 can be great if it align the planets with what you like on an IEM.

@mvvRAZ He loves KR5, I believe he also loves XE6, anyone is excellent, we are reaching an absurd level of quality.....

Sep 29, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #3,137 of 6,224
At the moment my top 3 are still Elysian Acoustic Labs X, Aroma Jewel, and Fir XE6.

Looking forward to trying the latest crop of TOTL’s like EE Odyssey, Noble Viking Ragnar, UM Mentor & Subtonic Storm hopefully in the near future. I’ve got an Elysian Diva on the way too :)
Have you updated your iem list? I've seen your Xe6 change position a couple of times....🤣🤣

Sep 29, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #3,138 of 6,224
hello guys, could anyone here do a comparison between xenon 6 and u18t/a18t ? I'm currently interested in these 2 units for my next purchase. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Sep 30, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #3,140 of 6,224
hello guys, could anyone here do a comparison between xenon 6 and u18t/a18t ? I'm currently interested in these 2 units for my next purchase. Any thoughts would be appreciated
Literally as radically different as any 2 IEMs could be. Xe6 is super warm, thick and heavy, while the U/A18t is clean, bright and sounds somewhat thin overall. Loads of treble on the latter, relatively little on the 6. They're just too different to really compare

Sep 30, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #3,141 of 6,224
Literally as radically different as any 2 IEMs could be. Xe6 is super warm, thick and heavy, while the U/A18t is clean, bright and sounds somewhat thin overall. Loads of treble on the latter, relatively little on the 6. They're just too different to really compare
I was kind of expecting the gap in signature. In term of technical performance, imaging and layering, which one do you think is better? I listen to many different genres of music from classical to pop

Sep 30, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #3,142 of 6,224
I was kind of expecting the gap in signature. In term of technical performance, imaging and layering, which one do you think is better? I listen to many different genres of music from classical to pop
Probably Xe6 but like... a lot of people conflate bright with technical so the A18t can come across as more technical. It's generally a weird place to be in - you're trying to pick between a X7 SUV and like a... 911 Porsche - they're both cool, they just have completely different use cases

Sep 30, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #3,143 of 6,224
Probably Xe6 but like... a lot of people conflate bright with technical so the A18t can come across as more technical. It's generally a weird place to be in - you're trying to pick between a X7 SUV and like a... 911 Porsche - they're both cool, they just have completely different use cases
I can see why people come across EM10 as dull in your perspective while I have found it unbeatable last time I went to canjam and compared it to Trailiii , Odin, Evo. I don’t listen to music to analyze nowadays, so I care most for the natural tone. A friend of mine who has xen6 also said em10 was the best all-BA iem he has ever listened to so maybe xen6 should be my next step

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #3,144 of 6,224
I can see why people come across EM10 as dull in your perspective while I have found it unbeatable last time I went to canjam and compared it to Trailiii , Odin, Evo. I don’t listen to music to analyze nowadays, so I care most for the natural tone
I don't find the EM10 dull mostly because I've never heard it :D

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #3,145 of 6,224
I can see why people come across EM10 as dull in your perspective while I have found it unbeatable last time I went to canjam and compared it to Trailiii , Odin, Evo. I don’t listen to music to analyze nowadays, so I care most for the natural tone. A friend of mine who has xen6 also said em10 was the best all-BA iem he has ever listened to so maybe xen6 should be my next step
What does your friend think of Xe6 compared to Em10? General sound signature similar for example?

Sep 30, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #3,146 of 6,224
What does your friend think of Xe6 compared to Em10? General sound signature similar for example?
he told me is that the signature is not an upgrade from EM10, but their scope of sound delivery is quite similar

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #3,147 of 6,224
he is the one who actually designed the looks for those frontier universal lol , what he told me is that the signature is not an upgrade from EM10 , but their scope of sound delivery is quite similar
I would like to have a comparison of someone who has both Em10 and Xe6.... Do you listen to Rock on your Em10, or do you think he is too hot for that? I've been told that Xe6 sounds wonderful in rock......

Sep 30, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #3,148 of 6,224
I would like to have a comparison of someone who has both Em10 and Xe6.... Do you listen to Rock on your Em10, or do you think he is too hot for that? I've been told that Xe6 sounds wonderful in rock......
I find EM10 to be the most versatile iem, it can handle anything thrown at it and deliver with full emotion. I have not experienced any hot treble and I am pretty sensitive to any peak treble

Sep 30, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #3,149 of 6,224
I find EM10 to be the most versatile iem, it can handle anything thrown at it and deliver with full emotion. I have not experienced any hot treble and I am pretty sensitive to any peak treble

I also wanted the Xe6 but in a way I'm "afraid" that the signature in general is very close to my Em10 that the EM10 also considers itself "hot"....Do you use the original cable with your Em10?

Sep 30, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #3,150 of 6,224
I also wanted the Xe6 but in a way I'm "afraid" that the signature in general is very close to my Em10 that the EM10 also considers itself "hot"....Do you use the original cable with your Em10?
No, I use Hansound Redcore, it is known as baby PW 1960

Users who are viewing this thread

Back