Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jan 19, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #646 of 6,234
First off...no. :upside_down:

Secondly, the m5 are the most fun headphones i've heard for electronic and pop music, period.

I found the same thing when I had the M3 tour pair. I couldn't stop listening to pop and rock. Classical and jazz were pretty good, but the bass of the M3 paired with electric instruments was addictive.

Oh man I'd love to hear the rest of the line-up. M5 was just a blind buy based on Bogdan's reputation. Hadn't heard any of them til I got the M5s. Take the plunge man, you wont ever regret it <3

EDIT: Btw, does anyone know what kind of estats are in the M5? Electrets? Pizoelectrics?

I am looking forward to receiving the tour pair of M5. Might be waiting for me at home now, actually. Several of you guys have made a big fuss about them and I am grateful and excited to have an opportunity to hear what the fuss is about. Impressions shortly after I get the tour pair...

Jan 19, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #647 of 6,234
Fot the M5, I am hesitating between Universal and Custom.

Of cours universal is easier to buy... and to resale. Besides better isolation, does the Custom improve sound quality of the M5 v/s universal ?

Jan 19, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #648 of 6,234
Fot the M5, I am hesitating between Universal and Custom.

Of cours universal is easier to buy... and to resale. Besides better isolation, does the Custom improve sound quality of the M5 v/s universal ?
Haven't heard universal so I cant comment. Just keep in mind that better seal = better bass, and that sound bore is completely parallel to ear canal, while universals are at an angle of at least 80-90 degrees towards your ear canal. This means sound is reflected into your canal, causing some distortion.

Jan 19, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #649 of 6,234
I found the same thing when I had the M3 tour pair. I couldn't stop listening to pop and rock. Classical and jazz were pretty good, but the bass of the M3 paired with electric instruments was addictive.

I am looking forward to receiving the tour pair of M5. Might be waiting for me at home now, actually. Several of you guys have made a big fuss about them and I am grateful and excited to have an opportunity to hear what the fuss is about. Impressions shortly after I get the tour pair...
You'll definitely buy a pair after you hear them :)

Jan 19, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #650 of 6,234
Jan 20, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #651 of 6,234
@John2e will there be a southeast Asia tour? Maybe music sanctuary can arrange one? Really want to try the other models

Jan 20, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #652 of 6,234
Oh my… I can't wait till Fir starts selling these goodies...
Hopefully they all cost below $200 (excluding the IEMs and phone lol)

wKoeA76.jpg

Jan 20, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #654 of 6,234
Anyone got a link to the round fir audio carrying cases?

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #655 of 6,234
@John2e will there be a southeast Asia tour? Maybe music sanctuary can arrange one? Really want to try the other models

Sorry
I am not sure
You can reach out to FIR via email or send Bogdan a PM

Jan 21, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #656 of 6,234
I have been spending some time this weekend with the 4’s and after living with the 5’s for a few months now

Guys if you didn’t like the signature of the 5’s we need to get you a set of 4’s

They are spectacular

Not intense like the 5’s very analytical

Jan 21, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #657 of 6,234
Anyone interested in trying the fir vacuum, please let me know

If you have customs of any brand, I recommend it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back