Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Dec 19, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #391 of 6,233
Totally agreed. I had hdv820 + hd800s before.
So I had tia forte at that time...
They had a sennheiser he1 on demo at the store. So I bring forte + wm1z.
Gosh 6.6k gear vs 55 k!!!

Guess what forte and 1z won, I preferred it over the he1 yaaayks.

He1 lacked the bass of dd. Only advantage of he1 was the slightly more natural zing on the treble, in forte was perceived metalic and he1 more natural.

But rest was on par....
So am I crazy?
I’ve compared the likes of the focal Utopia and the LCD4 to my Elysium and they don’t even come close in overall experience so either we both crazy or neither of us is :D

Dec 19, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #392 of 6,233
I’ve compared the likes of the focal Utopia and the LCD4 to my Elysium and they don’t even come close in overall experience so either we both crazy or neither of us is :D

Dont tell that to the owners of those headphones they will burn you a live haha.
Like in the times of 1500 they will think you are a witch and need to release that demonic spirits lmao

Next year for me is going to be a big one, will have m5 on a test drive and need to test that n8 as well to see if it can really beat out my legendary wm1z

Dec 19, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #393 of 6,233
FIR audio does transfer of ownership with custom iem so no problem for reshell if you sell a pair.

yup and the reshell costs are pretty reasonable ...

Dec 19, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #395 of 6,233
Dec 19, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #396 of 6,233
Dont tell that to the owners of those headphones they will burn you a live haha.
Like in the times of 1500 they will think you are a witch and need to release that demonic spirits lmao

Next year for me is going to be a big one, will have m5 on a test drive and need to test that n8 as well to see if it can really beat out my legendary wm1z

Every time I see a “bUt HeADpHoNEs ARe BEtTeR” post I cant help myself but trigger them

Dec 19, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #398 of 6,233
Dec 19, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #400 of 6,233
As far as I know... They ask 600 usd for a12t reshell. I hope they ask less if it is fir audio iem...

My old Adel A12 is being upgraded to A12t with Fir - something which 64 Audio was unwilling to do. Best part is Fir’s upgrade will allow me to use both Adel and Atom/Apex modules.

Dec 20, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #401 of 6,233
Hi guys,

I havent been keeping super up to date with how the thread is going because of work. I just wanted to let everyone know I have safely received the M4s and cannot wait to try them out. Unfortunately it looks like my tour kit did not come with the FIR to 2-pin adapter. I currently do not have any balanced output amps so I was hoping to use one of my single ended cables. Thank fully Amazon is taking over the world with their shipping and a 2.5 balanced to 3.5 single ended adapter should be arriving on Sunday the 22nd. For now please enjoy some pictures of what's in the box.

IMG_0728 copy.jpg IMG_7446 copy.jpg IMG_3226 copy.jpg IMG_8432 copy.jpg IMG_2030 copy.jpg

Dec 20, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #402 of 6,233
@Veetastic congrats , pictures are cool. I can see that the 8wire cable is a very well made and very compact not as thick as other brands do.

Ear tips arent same as with 64a. Bore looks smaller...

Maybe the 2 pin adapter got lost?
Is there 2 balanced cables. 2.5 and 4.4?

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #403 of 6,233
Can anyone give impressions of the m3 or comparisons to the m4/m5? I'm curious how it stacks up in quality such as soundstage, detail etc. compared to its its pricier siblings. I've heard the m4 in the tour so if its sound quality is anything like the m4 especially like the m4's big soundstage and detail retrieval I'll likely buy the m3 in the coming weeks. I'm likely gonna buy it with the 8 wire so it should hopefully be on the same level as the m4 just with my preferred neutral studio signature. Also has anyone tried switching between the fir 4 wire & 8 wire cables and noticed a change in the frequency response or is it just better soundstage and details? The signature needs to be really accurate as if I get them they'll be my studio monitors for mixing

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #404 of 6,233
Can anyone give impressions of the m3 or comparisons to the m4/m5? I'm curious how it stacks up in quality such as soundstage, detail etc. compared to its its pricier siblings. I've heard the m4 in the tour so if its sound quality is anything like the m4 especially like the m4's big soundstage and detail retrieval I'll likely buy the m3 in the coming weeks. I'm likely gonna buy it with the 8 wire so it should hopefully be on the same level as the m4 just with my preferred neutral studio signature. Also has anyone tried switching between the fir 4 wire & 8 wire cables and noticed a change in the frequency response or is it just better soundstage and details? The signature needs to be really accurate as if I get them they'll be my studio monitors for mixing
I can get a really detailed comparison for you when I go to music sanctuary next saturday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back