Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Nov 26, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #196 of 6,233
Is the bore size on the FiR universals the same as the 64 audio size? just need to know if I need to buy some tips before the demo M5 arrives. Thanks!
Yes, they are nearly the same size

Nov 27, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #198 of 6,233
Deleted

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191127-121526.jpg
    Screenshot_20191127-121526.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 0
Nov 29, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #199 of 6,233
I have one pair of marshmallow tips provided with the m4 demo so I can't get a good fit. Does anyone know the brand and model for the stock ear tips? I'm hoping to at least order a set of the same tips in time before shipping to the next person so I can give an accurate assessment of the sound. I will say though with some cheap silicone tips the sound comes across mostly neutral so far with a big soundstage and insanely good imaging and detail retrieval! There's galaxies of space between instruments and so much headroom, and the image is very spherical, more like headphones than iems with a blob on the left right and center @John2e @bogdan belonozhko

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #200 of 6,233
I have one pair of marshmallow tips provided with the m4 demo so I can't get a good fit. Does anyone know the brand and model for the stock ear tips? I'm hoping to at least order a set of the same tips in time before shipping to the next person so I can give an accurate assessment of the sound. I will say though with some cheap silicone tips the sound comes across mostly neutral so far with a big soundstage and insanely good imaging and detail retrieval! There's galaxies of space between instruments and so much headroom, and the image is very spherical, more like headphones than iems with a blob on the left right and center @John2e @bogdan belonozhko
I personally love M5 when it pairs with azla tips
You can buy them here
https://www.amazon.com/SednaEarfit-1Pair-AZLA-Size-pcs/dp/B07D93GS8T?th=1

Nov 29, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #201 of 6,233
Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #202 of 6,233
Nov 29, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #203 of 6,233
Nov 29, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #204 of 6,233
i'm on you with that point. The symbios with foam sometimes makes you feel pain, but the W-peel is another story

Nov 29, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #205 of 6,233

My apologies for not including everything needed to fully maximize the sound and appreciate these spectacular IEM's. The tips size are the largest size. Please hold on to them an additional week or so while the new tips arrive. I should have been clearer about everything included.

Glad you are at least getting a taste of what these can do. The imaging is spectacular with the 4's and the sound super neutral. These are exactly my impressions of the 4's as well !!!

Keep an extra set of tips because I got the 5's coming up north in about a month :). I need to indicate that tips should be provided by the user.

Have you noticed any instruments appearing behind you yet? (Edit, sorry you said spherical so I assume yes..)

I was listening to the new TOOL album and there was a weird affect of sound swimming through my ears and then outside my head in a repetitive circular motion. It was dizzying and I too have only experienced that with headphones prior to the Fir's.

Best

John

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #206 of 6,233
That's okay, I won't mind holding onto them an extra week :ksc75smile: haha! Thanks for your help! I think I have noticed them behind me a bit but I haven't had enough time to confirm that yet. I haven't listened very critically yet because every time I hear them I just close my eyes and get into a zone haha. They're definitely expansive in all directions and I believe that includes behind me.

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #209 of 6,233
Glad I came home early from work today (I brought my computer home with me, so work followed me, it wasn't THAT good a day):
FiR 1.jpg

I wonder if anything else is buried in there:
FiR 2.jpg

That's all, folks. Easy- peasy:
FiR 3.jpg

Ah, man, they aren't red. I thought it was settled, FiR products should be red, just like Ferraris:
FiR 4.jpg

And now it begins...

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #210 of 6,233
Some more impressions of the M4: My Empire ESR can't touch them in any technical aspect. There's a price difference yes but I believe the tubeless design does something probably no other iem can do or at very least it's probably right up with the best monitors especially for soundstage at any price point. I haven't heard iems at this price level but I could SWEAR it's top tier, and probably even a special top tier option with the tubeless design. I feel like the design probably beats anything with tubes, which is everything on the market besides 64 tia fourte trio etc. and 64 was his company haha. I've never in my life heard close to this much detail, effortlessness, and soundstage/imaging capabilities especially not all at once. These are so easily a 10/10 sound-wise when it comes to technicalities. When I get the stock tips in the mail I can do my tone analysis, but with the current tips I already own I really like it for the most part. Comfort seems good for the most part but I think it will improve further with proper tips, even just anything brand name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back