Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Apr 24, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #1,471 of 6,538
I just dropped my 5x5 review (including video) for those interested. It's the most fun IEM I've listened to in a while for sure!

DSC01840_result.jpg

Apr 30, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #1,473 of 6,538
Just made my order on Drop! I am exited how these perform compared to my other Hybrids! :)

Apr 30, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #1,474 of 6,538
Just made my order on Drop! I am exited how these perform compared to my other Hybrids! :)
Haha, i have seen you in R2R2000 thread and now wellcome you to the Fir's Family :)

Apr 30, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #1,475 of 6,538
Haha, i have seen you in R2R2000 thread and now wellcome you to the Fir's Family :)
Thanks! :) Do you also use the combination of R2R2000 with Fir? Actually I ordered blindly, what I rarely do. But after all what I have read I am pretty convinced the VxV is pretty much of my taste. We will see! :smile_phones:

Apr 30, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #1,476 of 6,538
Thanks! :) Do you also use the combination of R2R2000 with Fir? Actually I ordered blindly, what I rarely do. But after all what I have read I am pretty convinced the VxV is pretty much of my taste. We will see! :smile_phones:
Haha, you have one of best decision to buy blindly the iem hahaa, I'm using the R2R2000 with the Fir M5, it's still the good pairing for me at least until now. I also have ordered blindly the M5 in 9/2019 as you but now it's still my endgame iems haha. Hope you enjoy it.

May 4, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #1,478 of 6,538
5x5
Is a very good performer, I don't see how anyone can be disappointed seriously!

This 5x5 can do very good textures in bass, has very open natural mids, treble is never fatiguing and has all the extensions you meed to hear.

Big soundstage and imaging to a very impressive way. Like it has all aspects covered with ease.
Nuanced details and abilities to show different presentations of notes decays and speed is at a very high level. They out perform andromeda and sony ier-m9 and I would even say the solaris as well!

They sound very open and natural. I personally prefer the 5x5 over m4 and m5. I like them with fiio pure silver cable.

Now you guys may say tiger is hyper again but the 5x5 kick ass really hard for what they are! I even departed from my all time loved Tia Trio.
I was looking for a best second iem combo to compliment my tia noir the lord of all iems in my experience. So it says a lot! For someone who has the noirs and feels like 5x5 is a very welcome iem to join my noirs legacy.

Of course this is all personal opinion and preferences.

🐯🐾
Hi! I have read your comments about VxV and it seems you really loved this IEM. May I ask why you ended up selling it?

May 4, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #1,480 of 6,538
May 4, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #1,481 of 6,538
Hi! I have read your comments about VxV and it seems you really loved this IEM. May I ask why you ended up selling it?

I did that move cause I had tia fourte OG I also did sold my tia fourte Noir and went back to the original tia Fourté.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with VxV and they perform beyond what they are priced at. I simply had a much bigger preference for my tia fourte og as you will understand it is not in the same performance league so I had let them go.

I still very highly recommend them if you have 1k to spend go grab those!

This pretty much sums it up accurately 🤣

BAD BAD BOYS ! :deadhorse:

May 4, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #1,482 of 6,538
I did that move cause I had tia fourte OG I also did sold my tia fourte Noir and went back to the original tia Fourté.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with VxV and they perform beyond what they are priced at. I simply had a much bigger preference for my tia fourte og as you will understand it is not in the same performance league so I had let them go.

I still very highly recommend them if you have 1k to spend go grab those!

Thanks for your answer! :beerchug:

May 5, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,483 of 6,538
After reading some reviews about the VxV, I thought I knew what to expect and that this IEM will be absolutely my cup of tea - so I ordered blindly.
But the more I read (I think I have read almost all available reviews in English now), the more I feel that there are so many contradictions in the reviews especially for this IEM. Just some quotes from several reviews:

"...signature with a little more focus on upper mids."
vs
".... The original Andromeda is probably closest to the tuning of the VxV with its warm low end, and its recessed upper-midrange."

"Treble maybe is not the most extended, but it’s spacious, airy and natural sounding"
vs
"The upper frequencies are crystal clear and extend extremely well

"The detail is excellent on the VxV and among the best I’ve heard on the ~$1K range."
vs
"The detail retrieval from top to bottom is good, though the micro detail, note extension and decay could be further improved."

"The stage is incredibly wide, which I believe is due to the ATOM system. Solaris is one of the few earphones with the largest stage I’ve listened to, and the VxV is wider and more spacious than that."
vs
"...while the soundstage is not particularly large in width or depth dimensions."

Just some contradictions I found in the different reviews, there are actually a lot more!
Doesn`t this point the finger once more towards the relativity in our hobby? :sunglasses:

I am not so sure what to expect from the VxV anymore and I hope my decision to order blindly was the right one. Anyway I am exited! :dt880smile:

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #1,484 of 6,538
After reading some reviews about the VxV, I thought I knew what to expect and that this IEM will be absolutely my cup of tea - so I ordered blindly.
But the more I read (I think I have read almost all available reviews in English now), the more I feel that there are so many contradictions in the reviews especially for this IEM. Just some quotes from several reviews:

vs
".... The original Andromeda is probably closest to the tuning of the VxV with its warm low end, and its recessed upper-midrange."

"Treble maybe is not the most extended, but it’s spacious, airy and natural sounding"
vs

"The detail is excellent on the VxV and among the best I’ve heard on the ~$1K range."
vs
"The detail retrieval from top to bottom is good, though the micro detail, note extension and decay could be further improved."

"The stage is incredibly wide, which I believe is due to the ATOM system. Solaris is one of the few earphones with the largest stage I’ve listened to, and the VxV is wider and more spacious than that."
vs
"...while the soundstage is not particularly large in width or depth dimensions."

Just some contradictions I found in the different reviews, there are actually a lot more!
Doesn`t this point the finger once more towards the relativity in our hobby? :sunglasses:

I am not so sure what to expect from the VxV anymore and I hope my decision to order blindly was the right one. Anyway I am exited! :dt880smile:
My understanding is it's not the most detailed or resolving IEM, even in comparison to others in its price range, but offers a more musical listening experience. I also don't remember reading that it offered a particularly wide stage, definitely not one as wide as Solaris. I won't be getting mine for at least a month, but I'll definitely be going over the reviews/impressions again.

May 5, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #1,485 of 6,538

vs

vs

vs

vs

It seema everything is right. Reading all those I think of this. This is not a flagship yet you have all the technicalities of a flagship.

It offers wide and large soundstage but with not as a big treble extension of a flagship.
Yes it is true the VxV dont has a bright treble, but it doesn't limit it to show the extensions. They simply wont be presented the same way like a fourté would. Cause the fourté treble or the M5 is far stronger and more technical.

Thw VxV offers an extremely well packed package with abilities to perform in each territory of the frequencies yet it is not pushed to the limit to be the ultimate beat like a flagship would. But it still all there !

You should worried less as you will understand VxV is a very unique affordable iem that has big scaling potential and will also sound different according to your cable and eartips selection.

I reassure you the purchase is pretty much safe as a bunker during nuclear war LoL.

Let us know how it goes once you receive yours 😎
Please run them a good 100hours of burn at least to let the DD burn in to open their true nature 😛🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back