Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jan 26, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #5,986 of 6,244
Hey guys, my full e12 review is now online here. Enjoy!

E12_08.jpg

Jan 26, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #5,988 of 6,244

E12_08.jpg
Swappable faceplates? I'm in. I bought v-moda m100s to bring to Tokyo just so I could put engine sentai go-onger plates on them. If Fir does anything like that, I'm going to be in trouble...

Jan 26, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #5,990 of 6,244

E12_08.jpg

Enjoyed your E12 review in addition to R8 II over my favorite mug of Nespresso Vertuo coffee. As always – well written, identifying E12's strengths and flaws while showcasing its gorgeous looks with exceptional product photography.

I know we shared many conversations offline and concur with your cable and DAP recommendations – copper cables like EA C23 or 24C and ET Raphael and warm source such as RS8 aid in "softening" E12's energetic upper mids early on while they settle in.

E12 has a lot going for it especially with their flexibility to be tweaked – eartips, cable and DAP – to your listening preferences. After 100 hours, I'm enjoying them much more and they've been my daily set for my daily mid-day stroll.

Cheers and thank you for your reviews my friend!

Jan 26, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #5,991 of 6,244
Swappable faceplates? I'm in. I bought v-moda m100s to bring to Tokyo just so I could put engine sentai go-onger plates on them. If Fir does anything like that, I'm going to be in trouble...
Why not Gokaiger 😂 dub it the Captain Marvelous Edition.

But yeah FiR will get me if custom SwapX faceplates are an option 😅

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #5,992 of 6,244
Enjoyed your E12 review in addition to R8 II over my favorite mug of Nespresso Vertuo coffee. As always – well written, identifying E12's strengths and flaws while showcasing its gorgeous looks with exceptional product photography.

I know we shared many conversations offline and concur with your cable and DAP recommendations – copper cables like EA C23 or 24C and ET Raphael and warm source such as RS8 aid in "softening" E12's energetic upper mids early on while they settle in.

E12 has a lot going for it especially with their flexibility to be tweaked – eartips, cable and DAP – to your listening preferences. After 100 hours, I'm enjoying them much more and they've been my daily set for my daily mid-day stroll.

Cheers and thank you for your reviews my friend!
Thank you my friend, that's very kind. It's awesome having great ears (and company) like yours in this hobby of ours 🙏

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:41 AM Post #5,993 of 6,244
Jan 27, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #5,994 of 6,244
1000015840.jpg

Track is insane for Kinetic Bass 🤯 XE6 owners give it a run

Jan 28, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #5,995 of 6,244
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #5,996 of 6,244
Jan 29, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #5,997 of 6,244
Just built an E12 and remembered... I have no ear impressions done 🤣😭 Dying star faceplates look so good!
I was gonna say crisis averted. FiR has my impressions, so pulling the trigger is dangerous

Jan 30, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #5,998 of 6,244
Interesting... E12 is available as a custom... I totally missed that!
❤️‍🔥

Jan 31, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #5,999 of 6,244
I start to listen Primus works /full album in the weekend on xe6,.. wish to come back alive 🤔
still in and out the tunnel.. :thinking:still amused exploring the elastic groove of Les Claypool hard hittin eclectic bass slap
PRIMUS is a blast with Xe6!
Especially Pork Soda (one of my test songs since many years is "My Name Is Mud").
if you love some Primus bass in a jazzy sauce , avec funky chillout topping

( kinetic bass proof )

Jan 31, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #6,000 of 6,244
After owning the RN6 for around 6 months. A few impressions. I have been tip rolling and cable rolling, and found for now my sweetspot.

I absolutely love the RN6, coming from a Tia Trio (which I like also), the RN6 is a significant upgrade for me personnally. I listen mainly to Trance (and EDM), Scores (Hans Zimmer), dutch hiphop, and electronic pop/ Rock. I really like the kinetic bass, which is like a mini subwoofer in my ear. I started with the black module (i bought it second hand, and thas was in it) and the stock cable, with mostly the xelastex or the crystal eartips, it was good, but I thought it could be better. I had to switch sometimes between tips. The sound was great, a little extension to the treble, and a bit analytical, mids were good, but I thought the bass could be a bit better.

Than I changed the cable to the Eletech Raphael, the sound smoothed, less anaytical, a little bit warmer, and good bass. Than I changed to the old Symbio W (peeled), and there it was (i thought). Great bass, smooth mids, not to harsh treble. That was my fit. So I had to try some module rolling. I changed to the silver. Not sure wat happened there, but the sound, and mainly the bass and mids, became muddy. So I changed it back to the blacks, those were great, I haven't tried the reds or the golds. So a few weeks ago, I wanted to try the new Symbio W. Those are equally good as the old Symbio W, but the new ones I use with the foam inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back