Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Mar 3, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #3,736 of 6,233
Can you explain why is it? And thank you for your opinion 👍

It's a bit hard to say for sure. I'd describe the sound as very rich and full, and was personally kind of overwhelmed when I first tried them on. My guess is it's due to how robust the lows are with the kinetic bass, and also how well detailed and separated everything is. I might even describe it like the Xe6 can just physically do things other iems can't so it won't be a sound you're used to from typical tribrid iems.

I'm sure other folks can maybe chime in as well.

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #3,737 of 6,233
Can you explain why is it? And thank you for your opinion 👍
The Xe6 somehow fuses large amounts of bass, top tier levels of air and extension while still allowing the mids to shine. Usually it's 1-2/3

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #3,738 of 6,233
I see that measurements are being shared by/from one of the UK retailers, so I guess I can share another comparison using black atom modules.

Yes, RN6 is a "leaner" lower-mids version of XE6, but that change in tuning makes a world of difference if you want a tighter punchier bass without loosing the power of the original impact and sub-bass extension, and if you want more clarity in mids/vocals where RN6 excels over XE6. By tuning lower mids to be more neutral in RN6, you hear more contrast between the bass and the mids, giving the bass more control and better articulation and even having the same perception of impact as XE6. It does complement XE6 tuning which has bass that sounds fuller and more relaxed due to a longer decay of notes. One of the differences I found between XE6 uni and ciem, relative to my ear anatomy, was ciem having more clarity in mids due to a better fit. XE6 uni has a bit more heft and under its weight and considering open grill of kinetic DD driver, the seal was looser. XE6 ciem improved that, but RN6 takes it to the next level due to updated tuning and lighter shells (which result in better fit, for my ears). Btw, RN6 and XE6 shells are the same size.

1677862128168.png

With black atom modules, RN6 has even a bit deeper sub-bass rumble than XE6. And, I love red modules with it as well, also recommend getting it with RN6. With red module you get even more texture in sub-bass and upper frequencies sounding more open. All subjective opinion, but to my ears RN6 hit the sweet spot!

FirAudio_XE6_vs_RN6.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #3,739 of 6,233
I see that measurements are being shared by/from one of the UK retailers, so I guess I can share another comparison using black atom modules.

Yes, RN6 is a "leaner" lower-mids version of XE6, but that change in tuning makes a world of difference if you want a tighter punchier bass without loosing the power of the original impact and sub-bass extension, and if you want more clarity in mids/vocals where RN6 excels over XE6. By tuning lower mids to be more neutral in RN6, you hear more contrast between the bass and the mids, giving the bass more control and better articulation and even having the same perception of impact as XE6. It does complement XE6 tuning which has bass that sounds fuller and more relaxed due to a longer decay of notes. One of the differences I found between XE6 uni and ciem, relative to my ear anatomy, was ciem having more clarity in mids due to a better fit. XE6 uni has a bit more heft and under its weight and considering open grill of kinetic DD driver, the seal was looser. XE6 ciem improved that, but RN6 takes it to the next level due to updated tuning and lighter shells (which result in better fit, for my ears). Btw, RN6 and XE6 shells are the same size.

1677862128168.png

With black atom modules, RN6 has even a bit deeper sub-bass rumble than XE6. And, I love red modules with it as well, also recommend getting it with RN6. With red module you get even more texture in sub-bass and upper frequencies sounding more open. All subjective opinion, but to my ears RN6 hit the sweet spot!

FirAudio_XE6_vs_RN6.jpg

Sigh, just when I said my wallet was safe. Darn U!!!

Mar 3, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #3,745 of 6,233

1677862128168.png

FirAudio_XE6_vs_RN6.jpg

I couldn't tell if I truly liked the Rn6 or not, I need more time with it. These impressions are very helpful and gives me hope that the Radon may actually be something I enjoy, based on the differences against xe6.

Mar 3, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #3,747 of 6,233
How does the Rn6 compare to Odin? Could anyone opine?

Odin has noticeably leaner bass and more forward mids. Odyssey would be a better comparison since they have a similar level of bass impact with RN6, while Odyssey has more forward mids.

Mar 3, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #3,748 of 6,233
Odin has noticeably leaner bass and more forward mids. Odyssey would be a better comparison since they have a similar level of bass impact with RN6, while Odyssey has more forward mids.
I am looking for more bass impact for EDM/hip hop listening mainly. I originally thought an EVO would be a nice complement but now seriously considering Rn6 as a complement or maybe a replacement altogether. I think I just need them side by side...

Mar 3, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #3,750 of 6,233

1677862128168.png

FirAudio_XE6_vs_RN6.jpg
Hello Alex, have you tried Xe6 with red module? How is it compared to Rn6? Still can't decide which one to pick here. About comfort it seems Rn6 will be better because its lighter. For you personally, which one will you keep if you can only keep one? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back