Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Mar 1, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #3,707 of 6,291
took a bit more than 2 months (i'm using the ear impression data on file and not taking a new one) and i just got my XE6 ciem today! just in time to enjoy over the weekend.

the isolation seems not quite as good as the M4 i got (i suspect the ports inside made good isolation impossible). same crazy bass as i heard in the uiem model and the treble takes a back seat comparing with many other iems (say, fw10000). soundstage is exceptionally wide and very spacious. this is a fun iem but not quite the sound most people will feel at home during first acquaintance i guess. the new cable looks very well built and i was given the no cost option to choose 4.4mm termination. unlike the m4 ciem i ordered 2 years ago, there's no model # nor s/n printed on the iem itself. i love fir in giving the no cost option to use my own arts on the faceplates. and during the promotion in Dec, not only I got a good promotion discount, i also received a free iem vac too. i'm a very happy returning customer of fir!

it's the year of rabbit for chinese and it's really echoing with the theme that i received this new toy just after the lunar new year :relaxed:

Great design! As a Chinese American myself I super appreciate this design choice!

In one of the stores I came across an XE6 made of acrylic, for those who are too heavy original XE63C76D6D2-100A-46E5-99D2-5E89CCA776F9.jpegFEECA013-885F-4F77-B02A-F7BAC7FA9458.jpeg

Oh, that's cool. Those are quite rare these days.
new rabbit 🐰

1677276630065.png

Heard this and was very impressed by it!

Mar 2, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #3,708 of 6,291
Huge fan of the Chiron 4W paired with XE6. This cable brings down the mid bass and increases perception of detail and stage size. Excellent match with XE6. 👍🏽

6DEAF3BC-CC25-4F52-9ADC-B1F0B4A2D531.jpeg

Mar 2, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #3,709 of 6,291
Sounds very similar to fts…that and the red module for me has been👌 on xe6.

…and where’s your blanket?! 🤭

Mar 2, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #3,711 of 6,291
Huge fan of the Chiron 4W paired with XE6. This cable brings down the mid bass and increases perception of detail and stage size. Excellent match with XE6. 👍🏽

Still not sure to pick Xe6 or Rn6 for my Chiron here 😂 I'm using N8ii right now. Can you give me some opinion maybe? Mostly listening to EDM and synthwave, pop music too. Thx

Mar 2, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #3,713 of 6,291
Any visitors from the CanJam? How Rn6 compares to Xe6?
I would love to have even more punchy low end with my Xe6.

So far just found this (translated from some russian store website, what I consider a little bit strange regarding the world events - no trade ban there?...):

"FIR Audio releases the Radon 6, a 5th anniversary limited edition model. Only 300 copies released worldwide. The model joins the Frontier series, which uses the revolutionary Kinetic Bass hybrid conduction technology.

Kinetic Bass 10mm dynamic driver;
OpenDriver Bass armature driver;
2 OpenDriver Mid armature driver;
OpenDriver High armature driver (with sound reflector);
OpenDriver Ultra-high electrostatic driver;
case made of machined aluminum;
sapphire glass bezels;
replaceable ATOM XS modules."

On paper looks simillar to Xe6, except alu enclosure.

Mar 2, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #3,714 of 6,291
Any visitors from the CanJam? How Rn6 compares to Xe6?
I would love to have even more punchy low end with my Xe6.

So far just found this (translated from some russian store website, what I consider a little bit strange regarding the world events - no trade ban there?...):

"FIR Audio releases the Radon 6, a 5th anniversary limited edition model. Only 300 copies released worldwide. The model joins the Frontier series, which uses the revolutionary Kinetic Bass hybrid conduction technology.

Kinetic Bass 10mm dynamic driver;
OpenDriver Bass armature driver;
2 OpenDriver Mid armature driver;
OpenDriver High armature driver (with sound reflector);
OpenDriver Ultra-high electrostatic driver;
case made of machined aluminum;
sapphire glass bezels;
replaceable ATOM XS modules."

On paper looks simillar to Xe6, except alu enclosure.

Rn6 Silver Module is like a slightly warmer Kr5, Red is like a bit gentler Xe6. In an ideal world I would own Kr5 and Xe6, but if I just own 1, the Rn6 does a very good job being somewhere in between. Also it's comfortable since it's quite light.

Got more impressions Here

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #3,715 of 6,291

any comparison between Chiron 4W & PW first times?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back