Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Dec 16, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #346 of 6,244
forever ravers - dear lord, the bass is good

techno prank - bass is great again, no harsh treble or anything harsh here

fast forward - the quality of this song just isn't that good compared to the first two...sounds smooth though

acid riot - not sure which ripple you are referring to, but everything sounds smooth...so much headroom on these

something something - silky smooth, deep bass - all textures stand out here for all the samples

hurricane dub - wow...again the bass - goes all the way down while maintaining solidity, texture, and tone

all out of the mojo, just for you, @Vitaly2017

...if this is your music, the m5 is win.

Yes that is just a little side of my edm music, but it is similar. I ussualy listen to more gentle stuff but wanted to toss some of the hard on the ears music to try.

Sounds like m5 is good iem for me, it will probably be more detailed and bring clarity to music, over trio.

I may add a few more if you like trying my music hehe

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #347 of 6,244
don't have trio on hand, but do not recall it having this kind of detail and energy.

i found the trio to be much more laid back, slightly dark, and natural in tonality.

just turned on a large symphony with vocals and am really impressed with the m5...in some ways it does echo the fourte, with about 50% of the euphonic tone of the fourte, not quite the same speaker like presentation, but a similarly massive soundstage. there's also impressive height on this stage as well...very nice.

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #348 of 6,244
Yes it is perceived natural and warm thick, plus I have wm1z its a warm sound like mojo but way beyond what can do.

I do feel trio has some sort of a layer sitting on top of the sound. Making it less transparent and revealing. At same time that is what makes trio so entertaining and warm natural.
Something that forte can't be! Cause it has to be more analytical and precise.
It seems like you cant have it all in 1 iem, boo boo :cry:

I am still searching for that perfect sound signature that is going to bring my emotions and sound perception to a unique feel and enjoyment.
Trio is very close in that regard.
Maybe for trio a neutral or flatter source would be better. To rebalance it a little )

Trio is really different to everything else I heard. Its unique and very sweet, like my wm1z ( it has same twists and nuances that I cant feel with other daps )

Trio+wm1z is something amazing, even sony own ier-z1r didnt bring me as much joy.

I have high expectations over m4 and m5, because its a 64a iem but on a new level, with everything retuned remastered to new pure level.
Tubeless, new Lid tech, electrostat and the rest.... oh yea the antipressure system for me this is an absolute must have.
Trio apex is so good, I cant stand other iems anymore I get pressure fatigue....

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #349 of 6,244
This is the type of music I really like those are my most favorite type.
I just get driven away, drift and drift deep into the interstellar galactic space hehe. I love the bass thats what vibes me , that vibrant waves they silk you with every wave further and further away

Dec 16, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #350 of 6,244
apex is so great...my ears really miss it when i am listening to something that doesn't have it.

m5 is tubeless...it's crystal clear like the fourte...just better-tuned.

i think a18t is still the most surgical sound overall i've heard, along with the foute, but both m5 and elysium are on the same level, no doubt.

Dec 16, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #351 of 6,244
existing closer - 3d space is really nice here, crystal clear on all samples, lots of texture, and you can hear the reverberations of all samples as they fade away. the bass remains deep in the subregions where it should be, and it does not bleed even a smidgen to obscure the rest of the samples. velvety caramel bass waves indeed. almost like deep asmr with this one...

himalaya - bass is solid, lots of lush layers here. treble is close to the limit, but it stays just on the pleasant side of things with ever so-slightly rounded edges...nothing sounds (or feels) jagged and pointy like it would on the fourte. again, despite all the layers, you can focus on any individual sound and follow it into the distance.

dissolve - another lush tune with crazy samples and effects - impressive how none of the sounds bleed or obscure over another. headroom comes to mind again with fast pulsating bass and other speedy effects. the m5 handles this admirably...you'll love it.

gelis - really nice samples sweeps - everything sounds smooth and flowing, lots of energy. when the bell comes in it's crystal clear.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #352 of 6,244
Impressive )

Just what I need to forget everything and enjoy deep space meditation :ksc75smile::k701smile::dt880smile:

I wonder if m5 hits as deep in the sub lows as forte and z1r.

Trio seems deep, but z1r is a smedge deeper really almost the same.

How deep does m5 give as impression that it can dive?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #353 of 6,244
feel yourself - deep and powerful. the bass stays super deep and doesn't bleed at all. and it's always presented with substantial power. vocals come from further out in the distance around you...very clear. the static sample is also very clear and does not get harsh at all.

azure - bass on this one doesn't seem that deep compared to the other track...everything is nice and smooth and round with plenty of texture and energy.

Dec 16, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #354 of 6,244
I think with wm1z it will definitely knock low , I can't wait to try this out on my ears haha.
So much goodness )

How do you find the tubeless effect?

Dec 16, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #355 of 6,244
there are echoes of the fourte in this monitor...and it makes sense since fir is run by someone who's worked extensively on 64a's stuff.

it's extremely clear with surprising levels of distance between sounds, just like fourte. it's just not quite as extreme.

the fourte is almost like a concept car that actually got made; not the most practical or polished experience, but amazing.

the m5 is like the car that actually went into production after some of the rougher edges were smoothed out.

Dec 16, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #356 of 6,244
Yes you are absolutely right forte is extremely emphasizing that echo and extentions to such a degree that you dive and get lost in quantum physics lol

I got a few here for you, this is my holographic experiments they can be quiet haluciginative ) please come back a live lol and with all your metaforce.

This one I find it a little creepy hehe

This one in particularity )

Listening to all this with trio right now and I dont seem to feel the holographiness of it as I remember I did from fortes

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #357 of 6,244
heh, i was saying "echo" like the m5 "echoes" the fourte.

it's an expression saying something is similar to something else in some ways.

i wasn't actually referring to the echoes in the music :upside_down:

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #358 of 6,244
floating point and tweeklank both sound alright, m5 handles them both very well.

path to heaven is super holographic...about 60-75% of the way to the fourte...but no harshness and more cohesion. some really deep bass dives in the middle of this track

portal spillage again is extremely holographic...tubeless give a pristine nature to the sound reproduction...like all possible interfering resonances are removed. sounds just appear with full detail and no distractions at all.

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #359 of 6,244
heh, i was saying "echo" like the m5 "echoes" the fourte.

it's an expression saying something is similar to something else in some ways.

i wasn't actually referring to the echoes in the music :upside_down:

Haha. Than it will as lucid and transehalucinative.

floating point and tweeklank both sound alright, m5 handles them both very well.

path to heaven is super holographic...about 60-75% of the way to the fourte...but no harshness and more cohesion. some really deep bass dives in the middle of this track

portal spillage again is extremely holographic...tubeless give a pristine nature to the sound reproduction...like all possible interfering resonances are removed. sounds just appear with full detail and no distractions at all.

Portal spillage is really good one for that )

What you think of this edm music, did you like it ?
I know we all listen to very different stuff probably. For this kind of genras I find spotify to be so good, I find a lot of music like this with very accurate recommendations from spotify.

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #360 of 6,244
Those tracks that are next is actually the ones I specifically picked into my playlist with forte when I had them.
It really shined with fortes
Actually those song played so beautifully with forte that nothing to date been able to play as well

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back