Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jun 8, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #2,807 of 6,235
Just shy of 6 months of ownership with these babies and they still leave me in awe.

IMG_0020.jpg

I was suggested to try the red module with the WM1Z-M2 as it was a good match for the DAP, but I think it's slowly becoming my favorite module for the XE6 even with the N8ii! There's a bit more separation between the notes without sacrificing the beautiful bass on the IEMs. The sub bass is still plenty deep and present with fantastic texture and air. I highly suggest trying it out if you have the CIEMs! Wish I would have spent more time with them a long time ago on red. The level of detail these IEMs have with such a big bodied and rich tuning is remarkable. :)

Congratulations!

Looks like Fir is finally announcing the FR measurement dongle in NAMM today. Have been waiting for this for 2-3 years since they showed the pic!
I have the IEC coupler clone that needed to be used with my MBP, but the dongle being able to use with your phone is so much more portable/handy.

Another thing to note: this will not be available to the general public. It will, from my knowledge, only be available to verified artists and their monitor enginnerrs.

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #2,808 of 6,235
On a personal note, I also decided to place an order for an NE4. I got to try all of the frontier series, at NAMM, and felt the Ne4 was the most direct step up that shares similarities with my well-loved 5x5.

Being able to get impressions done from Bogdan himself was a wonderful experience!

Jun 8, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #2,809 of 6,235
On a personal note, I also decided to place an order for an NE4. I got to try all of the frontier series, at NAMM, and felt the Ne4 was the most direct step up that shares similarities with my well-loved 5x5.

Being able to get impressions done from Bogdan himself was a wonderful experience!
I though you made your VxV custom? Why not just use back the VxV 3D scan?

Jun 9, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #2,811 of 6,235
Arrived my VxV yesterday, really excited about those little things, any suggestion for silicone tips or the stocks are good enough?
If they work, stick with them. I think people that use IEMs and have been in his bobby a while have a collection and have some they like. I have had major luck with the AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal 2s as well as the JVC Spiral Dots. Everyone's ears are different. If you get a comfortable and reliable seal with the stock tips just stick with those.

I should also add that tip rolling can actually change the sound as well. Wider bore tips generally increase treble and narrower increase bass.

Jun 9, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #2,812 of 6,235
If they work, stick with them. I think people that use IEMs and have been in his bobby a while have a collection and have some they like. I have had major luck with the AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal 2s as well as the JVC Spiral Dots. Everyone's ears are different. If you get a comfortable and reliable seal with the stock tips just stick with those.

I should also add that tip rolling can actually change the sound as well. Wider bore tips generally increase treble and narrower increase bass.
Thank you, with the stock ones that I'm using now I have a really good fit and are pretty confortable, I don't have many other aftermarket tips unfortunately, just the ones from other iems I own, maybe I can try with the Sony to see the result; asking mainly cause I read two opposite opinions to the fact that the vxv are tips dependant, i'm stuck with this doubt.

Jun 9, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #2,813 of 6,235
Thank you, with the stock ones that I'm using now I have a really good fit and are pretty confortable, I don't have many other aftermarket tips unfortunately, just the ones from other iems I own, maybe I can try with the Sony to see the result; asking mainly cause I read two opposite opinions to the fact that the vxv are tips dependant, i'm stuck with this doubt.
Stick with the stock tips in that case. If you have other ones that come with other IEMs just give them a shot.

Jun 9, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #2,815 of 6,235
Thanks man, maybe I'll try the final e tips that I would have wanted to try for a while
No problem! Final Audio makes good tips and come stock with a lot of high end IEMs. Personally, they have never worked for me but I have a very narrow right ear canal.

Jun 9, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #2,816 of 6,235
No problem! Final Audio makes good tips and come stock with a lot of high end IEMs. Personally, they have never worked for me but I have a very narrow right ear canal.
Hope they do otherwise I'll try the azla that are a bit more expensive

Jun 9, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #2,817 of 6,235
Hope they do otherwise I'll try the azla that are a bit more expensive
They also have a ton of sizing options. If you usually get medium tips get the medium pack. It comes with MS, MM and ML. I go between the MM and ML depending on the shape of the IEM.

Jun 9, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #2,818 of 6,235
They also have a ton of sizing options. If you usually get medium tips get the medium pack. It comes with MS, MM and ML. I go between the MM and ML depending on the shape of the IEM.
I have taken M for the final, after measured the ones I use, but yes, also depends from the iem as you said, another thing learnt, with the jvc fw01 I use size small... well hope they work for me :D

Jun 9, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #2,820 of 6,235
Digging the iBasso DX320 and Fir Audio V x Vs!

IMG_0670.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back