Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
May 7, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #2,703 of 6,234
I am very impressed how much difference a silver cable can make in combination with Xe6, with stock scorpion cable Xe6 is warm, smooth sounding IEM, when I bought Effect Audio Cleopatra, Xe6 became detail monsters (more detailed than Traillii imho) especially on bass and mids, if comparing to EE Legend EVO with Cleopatra cable I can say that XE6 bass is something very special, I hear incredibly punchy and technically perfect, a bit dry (almost armature) bass with lots of sub bass. Mids are very intimate with very good microdynamic. So if someone finds the Xe6 too warm, and wants to push the XE6 to another level in resolution and details, with a colder sound signature, try the EA Cleopatra cable.

Attachments

• 20220420_121304.jpg
    20220420_121304.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220423_110111.jpg
    20220423_110111.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #2,704 of 6,234
Oops

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #2,705 of 6,234
I am very impressed how much difference a silver cable can make in combination with Xe6, with stock scorpion cable Xe6 is warm, smooth sounding IEM, when I bought Effect Audio Cleopatra, Xe6 became detail monsters (more detailed than Traillii imho) especially on bass and mids, if comparing to EE Legend EVO with Cleopatra cable I can say that XE6 bass is something very special, I hear incredibly punchy and technically perfect, a bit dry (almost armature) bass with lots of sub bass. Mids are very intimate with very good microdynamic. So if someone finds the Xe6 too warm, and wants to push the XE6 to another level in resolution and details, with a colder sound signature, try the EA Cleopatra cable.
That’s true. In my case, the Xe6 sounds exceptional with a large silver cable combined with Symbio W & black atom module. It sounds much less warmer and achieve a perfect balance in tonality. Yet, the bass is still incredible sounding, perfect amount and texture, and a great balance between sub and mid-bass. Mids are so seductive and treble is so detailed but smooth, airy and extended. Actually this is the best and most natural sounding treble I’ve ever heard from an IEM. The treble is akin to what I hear from my SR1a ribbon headphones.

May 12, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #2,708 of 6,234
The Official Fir Frontier Series Australian Tour thread is now live here :)

If you're an Aussie headfier that wants to experience these awesome new IEM's for yourself, please drop by and get onboard!

IMG_9975.jpg
Duplicate post.
This is so awesome I even “Liked” the duplicate post 😜

May 13, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #2,710 of 6,234
Btw in case anybody is looking for a dealer in Berlin that has a decent selection of IEM brands for German standards here is the website of my dealer of choice.

Great people who are really helpful. A few more audiophile customers will probably encourage them to extend their portfolio further 😉

https://www.inear-berlin.de/

They are also the only German dealer with Fir Audio IEMs to my knowledge.

INEAR Berlin - horrible (or non existent) customer service. Wrote to them few times asking if Xe6 is available for an audition and they NEVER responded...

May 14, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #2,713 of 6,234
Weird, I always get a response but you need to reach the IEM people not the hearing aide side. Easiest solution is to call though.

Have you tried the methods on their contact page?
Yes, I used their contact page.

May 14, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #2,714 of 6,234
Which one these new models would be recommended to someone who listens to a lot of electronic music. Drum and bass to ambient to techno etc

May 14, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #2,715 of 6,234
I think the only time I didn't get a reply was during a Covid outbreak and when my contact went on vacation.

Did you try the WhatsApp button on their contact page?

I can tell you that I did hear last week from them that they had a Xenon 6 demo there but the distributor only offered the demos to them for a limited amount of time. So it's possible that they don't have it anymore.

If you need a hand just PM me and I'll reach out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back