FIOS is AMAZING
May 29, 2008 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

bigizzy75

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Head-fi,

I just got Verizon FIOS hooked up to my home and it is awsome. The innertet (yea thats what I call it) is so freaking fast and HD channels on my tv is really life like.

This is a really good service and I'm sure in five years it will be very common and hopefully we will discover new uses for light in this spectrum.

Your friend,

Izzy

May 29, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #3 of 26
Someone needs to make them come to the burbs of Chicago.

May 29, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 26
i really wish FIOS was available in my area, but it doesnt look like it will be for another year or two.

May 29, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #5 of 26
How much do you FiOS people pay for that amazing innertet??

I'd love to have HD channels and all other multimedia & communication "tubes" fed to me thru one pipe, but I dunno if it'd really be worth it. It's pretty hard for me to notice the difference between dial-up and broadband since I use tabs in firefox.

If I'm reading all interesting articles on Google News, I simply middle-click each link I'd like to open in another tab... and by the time I'm done with Google News, my other links have already finished downloading in the background. Close GoogNews & the first link pops up. Same goes for Head-Fi... click all interesting threads, then close the main forum page or search page to find the first thread of my interest.

Only time I actually use broadband is when resorting to my inner-pirate nature... and that hasn't been all that much lately. Tho, I couldn't record streams from Radio Paradise - eclectic online rock radio & the like. =^(

May 29, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #6 of 26
yea, with the most expensive plan youll have like a ping of 0 haha.

unfortunately it isn't available in all areas. its available where i live but only the internet (thought hats the only real important part haha)

May 29, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #7 of 26
Well for $110 I get innertet, Cable (with HD channels), and phone line with long distance even to canada. It comes with a a DVR and all the hi def cables included. And as far as telling the difference in speed. It blows DSL off the water.

This is such a huge step for me to because at home I always had dial-up.

but yea its not available everywhere which is a bummer, you know we should have like universal innertet since average household owns like two computers now a days. Just a thought

May 29, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #8 of 26
That's a fair leap. I'm still trying to get any cable or DSL company to offer reasonable service here so I can tell comcast to stick noun in their verbing nouns.

May 29, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #10 of 26
I'd give my first born to Verizon in order to get them to offer it in Phoenix. I'm jealous!

btw If the moon were made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it? I know I would... heck, I'd have seconds.

May 29, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #11 of 26
I pay $35 a month for a 10/2 connection. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 20/5 for $45...

May 29, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #12 of 26
Damn, Fios are offered on the county next to mine, it was only 2 miles away from my house. Yet, they have no plan to make it available in my county anytime soon. I'm so pissed to get stuck w/ Comcraps.

May 29, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #13 of 26
Heck! It's actually going in my small city in Lakeland Florida and it's going to take a couple of years to get over to my side of town. I can ell you once they get to your neighborhood, they instantly get you on.

May 29, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$110? That's fantastic! I spend more than that on cable + Internet alone! The only upgrade I have on cable is HD and a sports package - no movie channels. I'm aching for FIOS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd give my first born to Verizon in order to get them to offer it in Phoenix. I'm jealous!

btw If the moon were made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it? I know I would... heck, I'd have seconds.

lol....and I'd wash it down with a tall cool budwiser

May 29, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #15 of 26
very jealous!!
i live in new jersey. i believe nj was one of the first states where fios became available. however, fios has been available only in generally "rich" parts of nj for the past few years, and i've been waiting and waiting. finally, it became available in my town about 2 months ago. i called verizon and found out that my street was one of the few parts of the town where fios was still not available. verizon has no idea when i'll be getting it, and they just try to sell me their crapy dsl every time i call.
=(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back