FIOS is AMAZING
May 29, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I pay $35 a month for a 10/2 connection. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 20/5 for $45...

We have the same. We need to get a new router, though. Our current one is very temperamental.

May 29, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #19 of 26
Damn so jealous. I have verizon dsl right now, but I'm tired of its weak upload/download speed. I think I'll go back to cable soon, I wish FIOS was available though.

May 30, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I pay $35 a month for a 10/2 connection. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 20/5 for $45...

Where do you live in Queens that has FIOS already?!

May 30, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #21 of 26
NO FiOS here, but the country is slated to get 1GBPS (gigabit) over the existing hybrid fibre-coaxial network within the next two or three years, DOCSIS 3.0 and all that. I can't wait
biggrin.gif

Our current max is 100/2 mbps dl/ul, DL is good, but UL is just disappointing
frown.gif

May 30, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy OneThree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have the same. We need to get a new router, though. Our current one is very temperamental.

The Actiontec router that Verizon gave me worked decently until my 13th month. Just out of warranty. =T Great timing I must say!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you live in Queens that has FIOS already?!

Little Neck. I know Little Neck/Douglaston has FioS, so does Bayside (north of the LIE). I think that's it for Queens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NO FiOS here, but the country is slated to get 1GBPS (gigabit) over the existing hybrid fibre-coaxial network within the next two or three years, DOCSIS 3.0 and all that. I can't wait
biggrin.gif

Our current max is 100/2 mbps dl/ul, DL is good, but UL is just disappointing
frown.gif

2mbps upload is what I have now, and the only reason I'm thinking of upgrading to 20/5. I'm fine with my current 10 down though.

May 30, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I consider Little Neck to be LI
tongue.gif

As many people do. =T

Quote:

Originally Posted by booom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got 20/5 fios a couple months ago and its fantastic. the only downside is you are forced to use their actiontec router.

You're not. I thought so as well at first, but when my Actiontec router died, I replaced it with a Linksys router. =]

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #26 of 26
I've heard great things about FIOS compared to the traditional cable/dsl setup, especially during peak usage on Sunday's.  

Bummed that my landlord does not want to switch, I believe he would have to do a major installation for 50+ units to allow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back