Finally taking the jump
Mar 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nutties3

New Head-Fier
So I finally booked my impressions appointment this morning at North Shore Audiology in Sydney. They seem pretty expensive ($100) from what I have read on these forums, but they are really close to my office and I have taken convenience over price...I know some will say this is stupid, but I just want to get it done

They are resellers of JH and Westone and I just wanted to get some feedback around a mid-end ciem. The 2 options I have been tossing up are the JH7 Pro and the UM Aero. The Aero is available at a starting price of $575, whereas the JH7's are $699. What I wanted to confirm is if there such a major difference between the 2 to warrant going with the JH7's at $125 more? I do understand that there will always be personal preferences around looks and sound, but is there anything technically in play to justify the price gap?

Also, has anyone had experience with the Beat Audio Sapphire cable used with the Aero? If I do go with the Aero, I will probably look to get 1.

I am leaning towards the UM as they do have a Australian based arm, but just wanted to get some thoughts around the above.

Thanks in advance! 

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 3
I think it's better to buy used highend CIEMs like JH13Pro, Westone ES5, Heir Audio 8A, Um Mircale from here and reshell them. They will sound exactely as new with almost half of the price and they should be under your current budget.

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I think it's better to buy used highend CIEMs like JH13Pro, Westone ES5, Heir Audio 8A, Um Mircale from here and reshell them. They will sound exactely as new with almost half of the price and they should be under your current budget.

Thanks! Will have a look at what i can get. In terms of the reshell, I take it the warranty is based on the originals and will not be extended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back