Finally taking the ER-4P plunge....
Feb 13, 2007 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

Tenchi211

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I didn't get 'em for Christmas, but I FINALLY am getting a pair of ER-4P's
icon10.gif

I just ordered them from Amazon. One question though: will I get the new all black version or the red and blue ones they show in the picture? I'm hoping for the all black version. I am very excited and cannot wait to try these headphones that I've heard so many good things about. I recently purchased the V-moda vibes which sound very good but I really have been wanting these for some time now. I'll post back with my impressions once I get them, and thanks in advance to all replies to my question.

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #6 of 49
I just got mine from amazon about a week ago and can confirm that they're black (I kind of wanted the red/blue). I like mine a lot, especially now that I've got my comply foamies.

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #8 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhcp_kz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
will I notice a difference in sound if i upgrade from e2g to this? what about isolation? comfort?

Yes, the Ety's are a significant upgrade over the e2 in terms of sound and a pretty good upgrade in terms of isolation. Their small form factor is also easier to get used to, so I would assume you would find them more comfortable. I thought the e2's were pretty uncomfortable when I had them because of their size, but I don't have both to compare at the moment though. The only thing you might be concerned about is the fact that they stick out a little bit once inserted. Also, some people find the tri-flanges uncomfortable, but I think that's only if you have a very small ear canal.

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #9 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhcp_kz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
will I notice a difference in sound if i upgrade from e2g to this? what about isolation? comfort?

the er4 series is on par with the top headphones. isolation is good, but comfort not so much. i use shure tips (see sig) and they are worlds better than the ety tips for comfort.

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #11 of 49
You'll all black.

Make sure you give the foam tips a shot. I find them much more comfortable than the rubber flanges.

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #13 of 49
Man, I cannot wait to get these babies! I'm prepared to give them very ample break-in time. I was one of those who were skeptics about headphone break-in, and maybe still. I think that perhaps it's just my ears getting used to the sound of a particular pair of cans after using them for awhile, but I must say when I first got my V-moda Vibes, I kind of hated them. They had piercing highs and almost NO bass! But after listening to them for about two weeks or so, the bass opened up nicely, and the highs are not nearly as irritating to me. These are great phones, but I need to hear how the Ety's sound! I think they may be THE one portable phone that will get me close to what my Sennheiser HD-580's give me for home listening. I'm hoping so.

Feb 13, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #15 of 49
you don't need to break-in er4p. they are transducer design, not conventional cones/diaphragm design. it'll save you a lot of time. just listen and enjoy. i absolutely love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back