Finally!!! NEW Cowon PLayers!!!!
Aug 26, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #32 of 129
Indeed ... the S9 looks damn sexy.
The 02 is the perfect child of the D2 and the A3: The big highest quality screen of the daddy A3, the support for lots of video and audio formats of the daddy A3, the Flash memory and SDHC card slot of mommy D2, the touch screen of mommy D2, ... This one has perfect genes. I want one badly!
I guess that means the D3 is dead and burried now?

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #33 of 129
Oh man. And I just bought a D2 yesterday.
I wonder how much they'll end up costing.

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #34 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by E.B.M.Head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed ... the S9 looks damn sexy.
The 02 is the perfect child of the D2 and the A3: The big highest quality screen of the daddy A3, the support for lots of video and audio formats of the daddy A3, the Flash memory and SDHC card slot of mommy D2, the touch screen of mommy D2, ... This one has perfect genes. I want one badly!
I guess that means the D3 is dead and burried now?

Let's just hope it has enough power to handle a good definition for all the codecs it supports. I hear the A3 can't even do something like say 800x480 resolution with h.264, if the O2 is powerful enough to handle all these video files without conversion it would be a godsend.

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #35 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by hmpf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont like touchscreens too. I don't say that cowons is bad for the music cowon is great for music but I dont understand 3 new players and all of them has big size and big touchscreen. I expected also some small player mainly for music...

ah gotcha. you mean something like the meizu M6 size (i believe that is the small one), or even something a bit bigger with say only a 2" screen. that would be awesome, but the problem is that the size may mean no big battery, and maybe not as much memory, though i dont think that would be a problem. despite the logistics of it all, i don't think that would be quite as popular. I would rather have a slightly bigger player, but i admit that 3" is on the border of too big for me.

also on a side note, the S9 may have some issues with using an amp due to its curved back, but at i will probably not use an amp anyway, its no a problem for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shlonglor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

err return it? seriously, just wait a few moths if you can, i doubt you will regret it.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #36 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben7337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's just hope it has enough power to handle a good definition for all the codecs it supports. I hear the A3 can't even do something like say 800x480 resolution with h.264, if the O2 is powerful enough to handle all these video files without conversion it would be a godsend.

h264 @ 720 x 576 (PAL DVD) is no problem for the A3 with Baseline Profile or Main Profile. Even CABAC isn't problematic. High Profile is supposed to be not working, but at DVD resolution High Profile is just a waste of encoding time anyway (so I never tried it).
I guess they will use the same DaVinci in the O2 as in the A3, so audio and video codec support should be the same.

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #37 of 129
I just want a cowon player w/no bass roll off, gapless, at LEAST 32gb, and the ability to use REAL playlists off of the sd card (yes, an sd card slot on the S9!!!). Real multi-codec support would just be icing on the cake.

Aug 27, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #38 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(yes, an sd card slot on the S9!!!)

Wait, so is this part of your wishlist, or is this actually coming on the S9?

I want a card slot too, but I don't know if I can resist its looks even if it doesn't come with one.

Aug 27, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #39 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shlonglor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Knowing Cowon's track record I don't think you have much to worry about. Your warranty will probably be over when they actually start selling the players in the next century or so.
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #40 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, so is this part of your wishlist, or is this actually coming on the S9?

I want a card slot too, but I don't know if I can resist its looks even if it doesn't come with one.

The sd card slot is a wish - I hope it's a reality.

Aug 27, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #43 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The S9 is pure sex, the O2 is pure win.

*Ponders what to do with 16GB D2...

My thoughts exactly

Paul

Aug 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #44 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The S9 is the D2 successor, right?

From what's floating around on iAudiophile.net and a few other sites the S9 isn't the D2 replacement. That's still to be announced - go figure. I must say that after seeing the S9 I'm not gonna' worry about the D3 -
very_evil_smiley.gif
THE S9 IS PURE SEX!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back