Finally - New Cavalli Audio Portable Unveiled at the SF HeadFi Meet
Sep 28, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #76 of 101
yes I was, I am now on to Cesars 627 Portaphile, jaw dropping, I love my audio therapy! I find the 627 a cross between the Pure II, and Kens new Rx!, hubba hubba!

now I am wanting to try his Shohin, and the 627x, gosh my pocket hurts, a small price to pay for great therapy!

it will be something to keep me tied over till the spring release of the CP,

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #79 of 101
I am glad it is not too small. I can't wait to place my order for it.

I have no need for balance connection so liq carbon is really not for me.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #80 of 101
looking very very very very good, I hope its sounds as good as it tastes, er um I mean looks, lol, anyways I can't wait either,

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #82 of 101
Have any statements been made about the cost? I'm assuming $300-400....

I would guess $250-$350 being that you can acquire the LC for $600.00 which is literally two amps in one.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #83 of 101
I would guess $250-$350 being that you can acquire the LC for $600.00 which is literally two amps in one.

If I had to guess it would be something around $700-$750.  Don't get confused about the Carbon price because Cavelli did price that to give back to the community and if more are made the price may go up.  

This is a discrete high quality product $200-$300 no way.  Cavelli doesn't use cheap stuff and they dont' cut corners when it comes to the high quality materials they use in their products.  Really listen to it if you get a chance and I think you will be shocked.

I listened to it and it sounded great.  The best way to describe it is just liquid.  It kept up with the fast pace of Megadeth and just sounded so sweet.  I mean I really love to say this but I almost thought I was hearing planar speed on my IEMs with lots of details coming out of the music.  Really it's the sound signature found in all Cavelli Audio products.  To me definitely another winner.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #84 of 101
If I had to guess it would be something around $700-$750.  Don't get confused about the Carbon price because Cavelli did price that to give back to the community and if more are made the price may go up.  

This is a discrete high quality product $200-$300 no way.  Cavelli doesn't use cheap stuff and they dont' cut corners when it comes to the high quality materials they use in their products.  Really listen to it if you get a chance and I think you will be shocked.

I listened to it and it sounded great.  The best way to describe it is just liquid.  It kept up with the fast pace of Megadeth and just sounded so sweet.  I mean I really love to say this but I almost thought I was hearing planar speed on my IEMs with lots of details coming out of the music.  Really it's the sound signature found in all Cavelli Audio products.  To me definitely another winner.
I'm sorry but that is ridiculous price for a portable. You can catch a sale from Caesar at portaphile for 399.00 for the micro and 499.00 for the x. Can't see this amp being that much better. But hopefully we are wrong and it's priced more affordable.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #85 of 101
I'm sorry but that is ridiculous price for a portable. You can catch a sale from Caesar at portaphile for 399.00 for the micro and 499.00 for the x. Can't see this amp being that much better. But hopefully we are wrong and it's priced more affordable.

Great then go buy it.  You shouldn't try to lump the portable market into something because you can get a better deal.  There are other companies that are priced much higher (chord hugo) that don't sound as good as this portable.

Before you start saying things like price price price listen to it first hand then make a decision.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #86 of 101
Great then go buy it.  You shouldn't try to lump the portable market into something because you can get a better deal.  There are other companies that are priced much higher (chord hugo) that don't sound as good as this portable.

Before you start saying things like price price price listen to it first hand then make a decision.
That's just my opinion, and I'll speak it when & where I choose. Both markets home & portable pricing is getting ridiculous. 4k headphones & 1k portables, really? I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. You cavalli fan boys are sensitive.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #87 of 101
Price will definitely not be $300-400. Yes, $700 or so most likely. But, if you have heard it you would understand why. I have many portable amps (see my profile) and this out performs any stand alone amp or amp portion of combination dac/amps. I will buy one as soon as they are available.

Jim

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #88 of 101
That's just my opinion, and I'll speak it when & where I choose. Both markets home & portable pricing is getting ridiculous. 4k headphones & 1k portables, really? I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. You cavalli fan boys are sensitive.

You can speak your opinion but honestly if you know anything about Cavelli Audio as a company it is definitely not in the same vein as other companies that are charging ridiculous amounts for products that sound inferior.  They make things in small batches and do things right.  They don't try to sell you products they do their best to make you as a customer happy. 

Don't call me a fanboy because honestly you don't know what you are talking about.  If it sucked I would say it sucked but it doesn't.  I don't own any of their products or get paid by Cavelli to say this.  Really just a fan of what I heard.

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #89 of 101
I'm hoping for $599 (intro pricing)  but most likely it will be in the $700 range MSRP.  Hopefully not any higher 
frown.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #90 of 101
i recall hearing somewhere along the line (in a video perhaps?) that it would be priced similarly to the Carbon. I will try and find the source. I imagine there will be an announcement regarding pricing etc once Carbon has started shipping...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back