Finally have myself a Apple iTouch !
Feb 3, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #16 of 50
Both myself a 16gb itouch yesterday too. I was wondering if the iPhone doesn't worth more? What do you guys think? About bricking the player, what applications are available for it. I'd really love to have flash support and MSN and yahoo messenger ...

Feb 3, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #18 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any ways to access the itune library at home through wifi ?

As of yet, I do not believe there is any way to transfer or stream music to the Touch via iTunes from your PC. Yeah, strikes me as odd as well. My Zune has the capability, no reason I can think of that the Touch shouldn't be able to as well.
confused.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #19 of 50
yes there is, but you must jailbreak the device. you can stream both from the touch and from itunes library to the touch. i don't have my touch with me now so i cannot remember the application name but - it is quite amazing. there is even application to watch via touch what is being recorded by your macbook's camera!

Feb 3, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #20 of 50
My friend has his setup so he can use VOIP anywhere there is wireless. Since he goes to UF (huge campus, almost entirely wireless) he only really needs a phone when he goes home. Problem is you need something like a bluetooth headset since the touch has no mic.

Feb 3, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #21 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"yes there is, but you must jailbreak the device..."

My mistake.
redface.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #22 of 50
I'm happy with my iPhone. 8G is really constraining, but I only listen to on it when traveling or spending a lot of time waiting with not much else to do. If it were a primary source, then I'd need 80 or 160G. As a secondary source it's easy enough to only carry the albums that I'm listening to the most lately.

BTW, the iPhone is also great as a PDA, secondary camera, photo album, alarm clock, browser and, oh yeah, phone. It's more than looks. It blows my old Blackberrys into the weeds, now that IT figured out how to tie into the Exchange server. Steve Jobs is still a pain in the butt in the way he tries to control usage, but this product does work. It's more than image.

Dave

Feb 4, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #23 of 50
well, as it is unofficial, i understand the 'mistake'. haha, jailbreaking is quite easy now, with the click of one safari button pretty much - quite a scary feat. i really do not want my touch to become the carrier or virus or trojans. i am running virus proctectors on my mac now as if i get on a windows network, those computers are susceptable.

anyway, jailbreaking is pretty much painless and really opens up the touch to be quite honestly the most unique pmp - it is also a pda - but a good one. it adds to placeobo let me tell you!

Feb 4, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #24 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcstep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm happy with my iPhone. 8G is really constraining, but I only listen to on it when traveling or spending a lot of time waiting with not much else to do. If it were a primary source, then I'd need 80 or 160G. As a secondary source it's easy enough to only carry the albums that I'm listening to the most lately.

BTW, the iPhone is also great as a PDA, secondary camera, photo album, alarm clock, browser and, oh yeah, phone. It's more than looks. It blows my old Blackberrys into the weeds, now that IT figured out how to tie into the Exchange server. Steve Jobs is still a pain in the butt in the way he tries to control usage, but this product does work. It's more than image.

Dave

I'm a huge fan of the iPhone. I have a handful of friends who are using one at the moment and they all say how great it is.

If only it didn't cost $540 + $70 x 18months and I still have 11 months on my current contract
frown.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #27 of 50
right... try this link. i did not follow this as i have had it jailbreaked since november. but anyway if you follow it as written it will work well. i had some trouble but enjoyed the results when it was finished: heaps.

if you have trouble, you can always reset the ipod - there is no bricking - at least proper bricking i have heard of. good luck

Feb 4, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #28 of 50
There are reports of frequent Installer.app crashes with 1.1.3. I am sticking with 1.1.1 for now.

Has anyone used their Touch with an amp through lineout? Is the sound any different from the phone out?

Feb 4, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #29 of 50
i use one - the qables lod with a supermicro iv - wonderful. but omly when i have space. what is rather obvious from the start is the bass. touch has good bass already but with line out it becomes drier and chalky - wondertful.

ive not had any installer problems with 1.1.3 - the only app that gives me trouble is safari - strange that. but imagine it will be cleared up - i was not expecting perfection anyway.

installer has been updated to version 3 and it is wonderful and for me, absolutely stable. cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back