Finally got my AD700's.
Aug 9, 2007 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Scottyyy

500+ Head-Fier
Finally got them after a month.
biggrin.gif

First thing I noticed when I took them out of the box: dear lord they're HUGE! Like really, these things are twice the size Sennheiser HD212Pro's. They're really nicely built and look awesome though. I love the colour of them. When I put them on I noticed that they're so deep too. They just cover the whole side of your head and your ears get lost in them. They're very very comfortable, I love it.

Although I have got quite a small head, but oh well. They're huge. As for the sound, wow, after the first track I just said "ah, so that's what soundstage is" hehe. The seperation between the vocals and intruments is huge. Much better than my Senn's. These also sound a lot clearer and more detailed. I don't know the proper terms, but they just sound amazing. Much more enjoyable than my boring Sennheiser's. I've only been listening to them for about 15 minutes and I'm very impressed.

Now I just need an amp so I can use my DVD player with them.

Should I burn them in though? I've heard it works wonders for the headphones.

Aug 9, 2007 at 12:53 PM Post #3 of 24
Well I've got a bit of ear ache in my left ear.
frown.gif

So I don't think I'm going to be listening to them much today. So I might just play music through them. Wouldn't hurt, probably better than leaving them alone for a whole day. :O

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 24
Glad you finally got them. Treat those purple guys nice for me.
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #7 of 24
Thanks guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah they're so awesome. I love them. I haven't taken them off since my ear ache cleared up. I love that I can actually listen to more than 2 albums consecutivly now heh. My old Sennheisers used to get very painful after an hour of listening.

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #8 of 24
OH hey man if you just upgraded for the first time be careful about the volume! It is much cleaner now so you are likely to listen at louder than normal levels for long periods. Be aware of that and don't leave the volume up for long ok?

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OH hey man if you just upgraded for the first time be careful about the volume! It is much cleaner now so you are likely to listen at louder than normal levels for long periods. Be aware of that and don't leave the volume up for long ok?

Thanks for the tip.

I've actually been listening at quieter levels because it disturbs my brother when he's in the room heh.

Aug 14, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #10 of 24
Time for some A900's
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #12 of 24
Team Obscura FTW baby. Whoo.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't know about that

would probably consider them a sidestep. best to go AD900 or all out with the AD2000s =D

x2 definitely. A900's are much worse than AD900's IMO. Mids are gone in the closed cans!

Aug 15, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #15 of 24
Takes your evil opinion somewhere else, the man just got his AD700!!!
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back