Finally did it - q701
Nov 24, 2012 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Xanimal13

New Head-Fier
So I've finally did it. After owning the ath m50, Klipsch Custom 3, AD700 and modified SR60i, I decided it was time to drop my wallet on a pair of q701 (green of course) and a fiio e10. I'm super excited though. I'll probably gonna sell off the ad700 because I really dislike them and then maybe the m50's in order to justify spending so much on one pair. They were the first headphones that I've really wanted to buy and I've been wanting them for around 3-4 years now but never could justify spending the money on them, until now. Once they arrive I'll give my first impressions. My biggest fear is that I've hyped myself up too much on them and I won't enjoy them when they arrive, since it's a bear to listen to headphones without buying them here, but fortunately Amazon has a good return policy.

I'm also really excited for the e10, since I hear it sounds fantastic. Hopefully I made a good purchase!

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #4 of 16
I have k601s and I sometimes use them with an e10. It is a pretty solid combo - I'm sure you are going to enjoy the e10 plus the q701!

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 16
These are amazing cans. I just re-cabled mine and I am in 7th heaven
k701smile.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #7 of 16
Congrats! Let us know how it is. I recently repurchased the Q701 (used to own the K702, then sold it) after missing it for a few years. Glad I did, and also in lime green.

Nov 27, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 16
I'm so excited! I got my e10 today and ran my ad700's through them with bass boost on and they sound so much better with the amp. It warms them up a bit and makes them less airy with more pronounced bass from the bass boost. If my ad700's can sound this good I can only imagine how good the q701's will sound. I'm not a major basshead, I just like it to be there, so with bass boost I'm sure I'll be more than content, even if it reduces quality a minor bit, I don't care. Also the e10 sounds tons better than my imac sound out. Now I wonder what else I have I been missing out on all this time?! Hahahaha 

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 16
Thanks! Bleh I'm getting impatient. They shipped from Denver on the 25th and still haven't arrived in Salt Lake. It's been 48 hours and it's an 8 hour drive! Arggggh haha. Well maybe tomorrow!

Edit: Just checked! They've arrived in SLC! I'll be getting them tomorrow! AHHHH

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #14 of 16
I had the e10 for a while and used it with my k601s. It wasn't powerful enough to really drive them, but it is a solid little amplifier. Recently mailed it off to my brother as a holiday gift. He's a grado guy though - no akg coolaid. 

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #15 of 16
Well it's been a few months. I'm proud to say, I've still been drinking the AKG Koolaid and still loving the q701's. They are FANTASTIC. Everything I ever dreamed of. Now I'm considering the t50rp's to have a good can that's closed. I'll mod them up quite a bit haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back