Final Audio D7000
Mar 1, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #31 of 83
"Beyond a reasonable doubt" is a central tenet of U.S. law.

It works pretty well in audio, too.
You’re hilarious. 🤣
But seriously though. Do you really think the D-7000 will warrant enough difference from the D-8000 to be enticing enough to buy?
Honestly. I feel the Pro and the Original D-8000 aren’t exactly worlds apart. They sound different, but not enough where I’ve ever felt I needed or had to have both.
At the end of the day I absolutely could be wrong.
Kind of hoping I am. ☺️

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #32 of 83
You’re hilarious. 🤣
But seriously though. Do you really think the D-7000 will warrant enough difference from the D-8000 to be enticing enough to buy?
Honestly. I feel the Pro and the Original D-8000 aren’t exactly worlds apart. They sound different, but not enough where I’ve ever felt I needed or had to have both.
At the end of the day I absolutely could be wrong.
Kind of hoping I am. ☺️
I'd have to hear the D7000 to answer that. I might run into the D7K at CanJam in a few weeks. I'm not really in the market for a new headphone, but of course would be happy to hear it.

Beyond that, I'm struck by the appearance of the D7000--it looks so much like the D8K line that I wonder if Final didn't make a mistake. It could be interpreted as undercutting a flagship (albeit a flagship that keeps morphing into higher priced, less bassy, more bright iterations).

Guess I don't know what to make of Final & the way they do business, in the long run.

PS: I'm wrong a lot of the time, so no need to hope for it!

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #33 of 83
Well, all Diana looks the same (Diana v1, v2, TC, Phi), but it didn't stop Abyss from making new ones. Same with the Arya / HE1000 lineup. I doesn't bother me at all except the headband, the D7000 has a better headband than my LE and I'm jealous.

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #34 of 83
I'd have to hear the D7000 to answer that. I might run into the D7K at CanJam in a few weeks. I'm not really in the market for a new headphone, but of course would be happy to hear it.

Beyond that, I'm struck by the appearance of the D7000--it looks so much like the D8K line that I wonder if Final didn't make a mistake. It could be interpreted as undercutting a flagship (albeit a flagship that keeps morphing into higher priced, less bassy, more bright iterations).

Guess I don't know what to make of Final & the way they do business, in the long run.

PS: I'm wrong a lot of the time, so no need to hope for it!
You and I are in the same boat. Not looking to buy another headphone yet. Also, I’m wrong a lot of the time as well!
To be honest though. I’m a bit surprised and slightly confused with the iteration on the D-7000. I think respective D-8000 owners, this is not a headphone for them/us. I think the X-8000 (whenever that comes out) will be a different story.
Once again though. I could be wrong. 😌

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #36 of 83
A guy here auctions off D8kps and I've noticed and noted his last offerings. Sold for € 2470/2660/2521...
I don't know how many have been sold during these 3-4 months on regular distributor network. But that's what folks are willing to pay.
Is there a chance that not only the pads and headband of D7k is "better" than with 8's but also sound AND price?
Also, perhaps the market is getting a bit more 'sane' with flagship releases
Final(s) conclusion: "give 'em what they want" and the new thing to chase X8000.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #37 of 83
Sure. A possible successor to the D-8000 is bound to happen. Definitely can’t say when, but the D8K is close to 7 years old now.
X-8000 sounds made up I know. Lol.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #38 of 83
A prototype of the X8000 was teased at audio shows last year, without people being able to listen to it, and Final initially said it'd be released late last year. I've not seen anything further about it since then. Please report back if any of you see it at CanJam NYC!

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:32 PM Post #39 of 83
They teased us with that X8000 prototype and they came out with a D7000 without discontinuing the D8000 series. That's some weird moves but I'll let them cook ! Can't wait to hear anything new Final will release.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #40 of 83
A prototype of the X8000 was teased at audio shows last year, without people being able to listen to it, and Final initially said it'd be released late last year. I've not seen anything further about it since then. Please report back if any of you see it at CanJam NYC!

Yup. And that wait time has Been driving me nuts. 😂

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #41 of 83
Spent about an hour today listening to the D7000, and left really wanting to buy it. I had gone to the shop to spend some time with the Arya Organic, which I did, and thoroughly enjoyed. But there was a new D7000 on the counter so I said what the hell.

Couldn't stop listening to it. Improved detail over the Organic without the slight harshness that the Organic exhibited to my ears. Soundstage was as good, if not better than the Organic, and it was just an overall more enjoyable listen for me. The only thing that the Organic had over the D7000 was comfort. Oh yeah, and price. The D7000 is nearly twice the price of the Organic. Unfortunately, I didn't get to compare it to the D8000.

Is it worth the extra cost over the Organic? I guess that would be up to each individual, but if money were no object, I wouldn't hesitate getting the D7000 over the Organic.

Both headphones were auditioned through a Hifiman GoldenWave Serenade.

Oh yeah, forgot about build. Definite win for the D7000.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #42 of 83
I saw a D7000 listed in the local classifieds today.

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #43 of 83
Mar 4, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #45 of 83
I've read a few reviews on Chinese and Taiwanese forums, and most of them (at least from what I've seen) said that the D7000 feels more like a side-grade rather than a down-grade compared to the D8000/D8000 Pro series
I'd love to get a D8000 Pro in to listen as well.

As to the Final vs Yamaha, I'd have to agree with what has been mentioned. Entirely different.

Going back to one of my earlier comments about D8000 Pro treble and D7000. I replayed the same songs as I did when in e-Earphone, and I confirm I prefer the D7000 treble.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back