Final Audio D7000
Mar 10, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #61 of 90
What does he look like?
Thanks!
Hmm, I am not sure; I think he has a profile on Linkedin. Perhaps you can see there a picture if that's him :)

I was wondering how those headphones compare to the D8000.

I will get a pair this year, but I am curious if they are similar to the D8000, even though they have dynamic drivers.

Cheers!
established used market like the Susvara with well known prices
Honestly, I don't get what you mean by that...I thought the man wanted to buy a pair, not to satisfy his curiosity.

Mar 10, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #63 of 90
OK, I didn't see that word...my mistake :wink:
I don't even know what's the existence of an established used market :wink:
To me, that person wanted to know how the D7000 traded on the used market to make the best use of his money. Problem is, D7000 is a month old, so any used pair on the market will be the only data point.
If he'd asked on the D8000 or Susvara thread, we would be able to give him for how much they trade.
That's what I meant by established market.
My bad if I worded my answer incorrectly

Mar 10, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #64 of 90
Instead of writing me stories...I am irrelevant.

Man, you could just ask a few questions about D7000, that man (he posted here, isn't he?) who is selling D7000.
That would be very useful...this...not so much...

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #65 of 90
How cheaper exactly? By the picture, they look like the D8000pro LE structure with different drivers. LE is very well build all around. Did they change metal parts with plastic parts ?
Maybe he's referring at the simple matt finish, compared to the textured Shibo coating of the D8000....

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #67 of 90
I just saw a D7000 at CanJam. At least I think it was a D7000--a black one, feeling distinctly lighter than the D8K/D8KPro, also maybe a few mm smaller in circumference. The lightness was because the round frame that earpads attach to appears to be hard plastic. I'm not real sure about any of this, so take w/a grain of salt.

PS: didn't listen to it. my ears were burned out by that point

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #68 of 90
I bought a D7000 from e-earphones in Tokyo last week. I haven't opened it up yet, as I am still debating whether to use this one instead of the D8000 I own already. But let me know if there's anyone interested in buying the D7000 from me.

Mar 11, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #70 of 90
I am disappointed :)
Have you listened to Caldera closed back?

Cheers!
Sure did, multiple times. It impressed the hell out of me. Bass for days. Pretty much that same basic sound as the open, but even more bass. Under show conditions that's all I could really conclude.

Zach told me he hasn't yet settled on final stock wood & pads for this headphone. Not sure if there is a screen to play around with (I use the mantle mesh instead of stock mesh on my open, and like what it does). I greatly prefer the lambskin thicks (perforated, of course) on my open; I'm guessing there may be a non-perforated version of those, or something similar, available eventually for the closed Caldera.

All to say that I expect the stock sound of the closed headphone will be user-tunable in a manner similar to the open.

BTW, also heard the Atrium closed for the first time yesterday. Another one with bass for days. As high level as the Caldera closed is in the planar camp, the Atrium Closed is just as high level in the dynamic camp. That's what my ears tell me (under show conditions).

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #71 of 90
Sure did, multiple times. It impressed the hell out of me.
Damn, so these are the ones to look for.
Thanks.
It's just that I don't like that they chose the cups to be simple and plain.
For the cost and status, they had to do something more spectacular.
The grills on the opened version are like that...
they should use the same grills, blindly attached or something, carvings, etc.
But...

Did they announce the price?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #72 of 90
Damn, so these are the ones to look for.
Thanks.
It's just that I don't like that they chose the cups to be simple and plain.
For the cost and status, they had to do something more spectacular.
The grills on the opened version are like that...
they should use the same grills, blindly attached or something, carvings, etc.
But...

Did they announce the price?
It's true that closed back headphones have a bit less visual interest than open back ones. Interesting idea to use grills strictly for decoration on closed back earcups. Never thought of that.

No price announcement that I'm aware of. But very soon, I'm sure. Believe this headphone launches in May.

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #73 of 90
How cheaper exactly? By the picture, they look like the D8000pro LE structure with different drivers. LE is very well build all around. Did they change metal parts with plastic parts ?
If I remember correctly, the headband was made out of fabric-like material, not leather. Probably more plastic than metal to reduce the weight too. That said, its light weight definitely helps (no more headache in a long listening session), and most people will like its sound signature.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #74 of 90
Yeah the headband uses the same Japanese paper fabric as the cups now, which I love.

I've had the D7000 for a little while and find it to be really interesting. They didn't overpromise about the bass presentation - it really does sound more like speaker bass than planar bass, which makes it pretty unique in the category imho. I also prefer the tuning to the D8000/D8000 Pro: oodles of bass, recessed but coherent, linear mids, and a sweet, non-fatiguing treble.

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #75 of 90
Yeah the headband uses the same Japanese paper fabric as the cups now, which I love.

I've had the D7000 for a little while and find it to be really interesting. They didn't overpromise about the bass presentation - it really does sound more like speaker bass than planar bass, which makes it pretty unique in the category imho. I also prefer the tuning to the D8000/D8000 Pro: oodles of bass, recessed but coherent, linear mids, and a sweet, non-fatiguing treble.

Hows the resolution and microdetail of d7k vs d8k ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back