FiiOxJadeAudio KA1/KA11 Compact Portable DAC and Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #91 of 227
Installed the Fiio app on my Samsung and it detects the KA11, but there's not much feature there? unless I got the wrong app. It only shows the UAC option change and also filters.

Feb 10, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #92 of 227
Installed the Fiio app on my Samsung and it detects the KA11, but there's not much feature there? unless I got the wrong app. It only shows the UAC option change and also filters.
That's what I see, maybe some things coming with an update, who knows.

The prior ka1 has eq, filter and hardware volume adjustment but not sure if these were added after the fact. The ka2 has filters and volume control but no eq.

Feb 12, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #95 of 227
What does the app do? Is it needed to use the KA11?

I have a 15 Pro and would like to get something like this.

Fortunately, FiiO's app isn't required to use the KA11 (or any of FiiO's other dongle-DACs) with an iPhone, but you won't be able to access the dongle's advanced features (like selecting a different digital filter, selecting low gain, etc). The dongle will only operate with its default settings when used with an iPhone.

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #96 of 227
Fortunately, FiiO's app isn't required to use the KA11 (or any of FiiO's other dongle-DACs) with an iPhone, but you won't be able to access the dongle's advanced features (like selecting a different digital filter, selecting low gain, etc). The dongle will only operate with its default settings when used with an iPhone.

Where is the gain setting at?

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #97 of 227
I'm trying to understand why my FiiO KA11 isn't recognized when I plug it into any of my Windows computers. They are all Windows 11 and are recent. The one I particularly care about is my 13900K 4090 gaming computer because I want to use it with my Bigscreen Beyond VR headset to replace my Xumee headphone DAC/amp.

I understand it shouldn't need the FiiO driver, but my computers doesn't even make a sound when I plug it into my computer.

However if I plug it into my Android phone it works immediately, but I have ZERO need for a DAC on my phone.

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #98 of 227
I'm trying to understand why my FiiO KA11 isn't recognized when I plug it into any of my Windows computers. They are all Windows 11 and are recent. The one I particularly care about is my 13900K 4090 gaming computer because I want to use it with my Bigscreen Beyond VR headset to replace my Xumee headphone DAC/amp.

I understand it shouldn't need the FiiO driver, but my computers doesn't even make a sound when I plug it into my computer.

However if I plug it into my Android phone it works immediately, but I have ZERO need for a DAC on my phone.
Do you connect it with headphones attached?

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #99 of 227
Do you connect it with headphones attached?
Crap! That worked but it completely ruins my use case for it since it would be left plugged into my Beyond headset all the time. I just plug my IEM's into it when I put it on.

Let me explain a bit. The USB-C connector is a pain to get to on the headset and you need to leave that plugged in.
I put the IEM's in my ears first.
They have a VERY short cable since I don't want to snag it with my hand controllers in VR, so I can't plug them in ahead of time.
I need put the headset on and then plug the IEM's with short cable in.

I'll stick with my cheap Xumee that actually drives my Sure 849 Gen II's pretty well.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #100 of 227
I'll make sure to tell the other Beyond owners not to buy the KA11 since it won't work for this application.

Why did they do something like this? I assume they had some reason, but it really messes this up.

If they had ANYTHING in their literature that said having headphones plugged in when the USB connection was made was a requirement for its operation, I NEVER would have purchased it.

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #101 of 227
I'll make sure to tell the other Beyond owners not to buy the KA11 since it won't work for this application.

Why did they do something like this? I assume they had some reason, but it really messes this up.

If they had ANYTHING in their literature that said having headphones plugged in when the USB connection was made was a requirement for its operation, I NEVER would have purchased it.
It was made to consume less energy on mobile devices

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #102 of 227
It was made to consume less energy on mobile devices

If the KA11 would always activate when the headphones were plugged in that would be great, unfortunately they do not.

I have found a work around, but it seems clunky. If I powerup my computer with the KA11 plugged in AND in with headphones connected it works and it appears to allow me to disconnect and reconnect the headphones once it is recognized after it boots. But if I forgot to plug my headphones back in after I start up my gaming computer, I would have to reseat the USB-C.

It is a physical switch, so a 6.5mm to 1/4" adapter will also allow it to be recognized.

Since I'm plugging this into a computer with a 1200W PS, power is the last of my concerns.

What I wanted was the best sound quality I could get in a very small form factor because this is hanging from my headset.

Below is using the Xumee which has a very similar form factor to the KA11. You can see the very short headphone cables.
It's very easy to reach for the earphone plug while wearing this to connect the headphones.

BigscreenBeyondTest_9333.jpg

Feb 14, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #103 of 227
What more do you want...?
EQ functions, maybe? heck, even hardware volume would be nice. Like what previous Fiio products of the same segment have.

Oh, and since you're asking, I want them to patch in a removable cable too, maybe some digital display, hardware volume buttons, lo/hi gain buttons, the whole shebang

Feb 15, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #104 of 227
I'd be interested in comparisons between the iBasso DC03 Pro and KA11. Also, what is the KA11's default digital filter, given that I'd be stuck with that if I'm using it with my iPhone?

Feb 16, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #105 of 227
Just got mine, I'm really impressed with the size, it looks more like a mini dongle (like my Meizu hifi which I love) than something like THX Onyx. Sound wise it works well with my OG 7hz Timeless. Volume is already loud at 20% on a Google Pixel phone. I will test more next week with my fullsize planars (can't wait to see how it drives my Quad Era-1).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back