FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"!
Oct 1, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #106 of 903
Well now I'm excited! I was just about to pull the cord on a new amp, was looking at an e11, Now I think ill just go with this bad boy to stack my X1. Do the dimensions allow a direct stack with the x1 or is one bigger than the other?

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #107 of 903
The x1 are pretty much the same dimensions, just the Q1 is 1 millimeter slimmer and narrower.

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #108 of 903
  The x1 are pretty much the same dimensions, just the Q1 is 1 millimeter slimmer and narrower.

I'm OCD, but I don't think a millimeter will be too big a deal. Just didn't want it to look like I had the x1 sitting on a giant plate 
smile_phones.gif

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #109 of 903
  Well now I'm excited! I was just about to pull the cord on a new amp, was looking at an e11, Now I think ill just go with this bad boy to stack my X1. Do the dimensions allow a direct stack with the x1 or is one bigger than the other?

Stacks great with the X3ii, so the X1 will be a great match.

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #112 of 903
  Well, I ordered a Q1 this morning to pair with my X3II.  Picked up the stacking kit as well.  Looking forward to hearing it.

I was just thinking a guy could get an X1/Q1, Stacking kit and a pair of Trinity Hyperion's for $220 and have an awesome Mid-Fi kit that just surpasses the Budget-Fi category by $20! It amazes me just how far this hobby has come in the last 5 years
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #113 of 903

I was just thinking a guy could get an X1/Q1, Stacking kit and a pair of Trinity Hyperion's for $220 and have an awesome Mid-Fi kit that just surpasses the Budget-Fi category by $20! It amazes me just how far this hobby has come in the last 5 years
biggrin.gif

I just got into this hobby back in January of this year.  Since then, bought an X1, then a NX1 and some HD558 HPs.  Six months later I buy an X3II, then some Grado HP, and now a Q1.  I even modified my Grados....It's a sickness really.
atsmile.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #114 of 903
Well, I decided to pull the trigger. Hard to argue for a 70 dollar DAC/Amp that comes so highly reviewed/recommended so far. Ill be doing a review of it once I get it. (coming in on tuesday) Bought the stacking kit for my x1 too. Fiio, why you always making gear that's exactly what I want!

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #115 of 903
  Well, I decided to pull the trigger. Hard to argue for a 70 dollar DAC/Amp that comes so highly reviewed/recommended so far. Ill be doing a review of it once I get it. (coming in on tuesday) Bought the stacking kit for my x1 too. Fiio, why you always making gear that's exactly what I want!

Ah, the Empire strikes back
rolleyes.gif
LOL You have got yourself a great rig going there Vivid and I'd imagine as well the Q1 will dive all but the hardest cans so you'll have a heyday with phones
bigsmile_face.gif

4Rob13, you have to love a sickness that makes you feel good and not hurt another living soul though
wink_face.gif

This my friend is my sickness and some of the names have been changed to protect the innocent
biggrin.gif

At the rate the manufacturers are going right now I may as well retire this leather laptop bag and bite the bullet now on that new Pelican iM2700 Storm Case
eek.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #116 of 903
I'm excited to receive it and see just how much better my laptop sounds with the DAC using foobar. I've been taking my lossless files and plugging straight into my Onkyo home theater with my headphones so I had a proper drive. I'm glad I hang out here, I was about to pull the trigger on the e11/A3 (not that it would have been a bad option either, just not a DAC)

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #117 of 903
Good news this neat little amp/dac plays spotify and tidal natively through my Meizumx4 pro and sounds excellent,will need to compare further to the headphone out of the mx4pro for any further impressions,but it packs quite a punch!!Got it to replace my e7 (dodgy h/o)which has served me well and hopefully will be a companion to my ipod touch 6th after i get some cables any help for a good source would be appreciated.Funny thing is it wont play from usbapp.ok with Hiby and Onkyo HF player.

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #118 of 903
I was about to purchase the e18 but I think this is my best choice, the Beyer 770 80ohm are not so hungry, and this is way cheaper, smaller and lighter.

That thingy covering the volume wheel is ugly, but oh well...

Oct 4, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #120 of 903
  Good news this neat little amp/dac plays spotify and tidal natively through my Meizumx4 pro and sounds excellent,will need to compare further to the headphone out of the mx4pro for any further impressions,but it packs quite a punch!!Got it to replace my e7 (dodgy h/o)which has served me well and hopefully will be a companion to my ipod touch 6th after i get some cables any help for a good source would be appreciated.Funny thing is it wont play from usbapp.ok with Hiby and Onkyo HF player.

Interesting. I am curious to see if this plays well with my Spotify/Tidal using my zenfone 2 in this case. If so I will be a very happy man :). This is usually how I find new artists after all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back