FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"!
Jan 11, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #391 of 903
Just got this baby yesterday. Work flawlesly with my HD681 evo 
biggrin.gif

Anyway quick question, Is it ok to leave my Q1 connected to my PC when im away. 
Just curious if there's any serious implication from it.
You know like you you shouldn't keep your phone connected to the charger or it would affect your battery etc etc.
Something like that.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #392 of 903
Just bought the Apple lightning to USB camera connector so I can use the DAC of the Q1 instead of the ones in my iPad or iPhone 6S. This is the latest connector from Apple (MD821AM/A) and it works flawlessly with both of my devices. Sounds a lot better too.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #393 of 903
Silicon bands for x1 and q1 work OK but get in the way of the buttons a bit...not a huge deal. I'm sure the hs12 would be alot better. The q1 does stack perfectly though to the x1...with the volume out extending a bit past the x1...but main dimensions are close.

Here are a few shots of the two paired with the HS12.

Looks great! I guess i will have to pick one of those up

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #395 of 903
Finally got around to writing up a review for the Q1. Couldn't let such a good product have only 2 reviews!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-q1-portable-headphone-amp-dac/reviews/15008

Great review. I'd like to follow up on one aspect of your review. Apples version of the OTG cable is their camera connection cable which looks exactly like the OTG but with a lightning connector at one end. This worked perfectly with my iPhone 6S and also my iPad Air. I was using both in the airport yesterday while waiting for my flight back to Australia. Happy for you to add this to your review.

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #396 of 903
Great review. I'd like to follow up on one aspect of your review. Apples version of the OTG cable is their camera connection cable which looks exactly like the OTG but with a lightning connector at one end. This worked perfectly with my iPhone 6S and also my iPad Air. I was using both in the airport yesterday while waiting for my flight back to Australia. Happy for you to add this to your review.

I appreciate the info, I will add that to the review today. I didn't have access to any modern I-devices, so I couldn't test it. Thanks!

*Edit: Added info to review. Thanks again!

Jan 18, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #397 of 903
Hello All,
I have had the Q1 for a few months now, and, while i have not read through this entire thread, I am wondering if anybody else has had this experience. There is a little plastic nub that transmits the light from the LED out through the hole, and now twice i have had it (the little plastic nub) become unseated and start rattling around in the device, causing me to have to open up my Q1 and reseat the nub. Has anybody else had this happen to them. this is by no means a knock on the product, i absolutely love it and pretty much dont listen to music without it. i am just wondering if this is just a thing with my Q1, or if anybody else has had this happen.
Thanks 

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #398 of 903
Hello All,
I have had the Q1 for a few months now, and, while i have not read through this entire thread, I am wondering if anybody else has had this experience. There is a little plastic nub that transmits the light from the LED out through the hole, and now twice i have had it (the little plastic nub) become unseated and start rattling around in the device, causing me to have to open up my Q1 and reseat the nub. Has anybody else had this happen to them. this is by no means a knock on the product, i absolutely love it and pretty much dont listen to music without it. i am just wondering if this is just a thing with my Q1, or if anybody else has had this happen.
Thanks 

Mine has lived a rough life and not a single thing has made it any worse than brand new.sounds like you might have an issue there...

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #399 of 903
  Hello All,
Thanks 

Hi, agentbarton.
So at present, your Q1 still can work normally as usual?
Kindly send email to us (support@fiio.net), together with the related picture of your product if you are convenient. Yes, we want to confirm the problem of the little plastic nub firstly. 

We will help you solve it, so pls don't worry. :)

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #401 of 903

Hi, agentbarton.
So at present, your Q1 still can work normally as usual?
Kindly send email to us (support@fiio.net), together with the related picture of your product if you are convenient. Yes, we want to confirm the problem of the little plastic nub firstly. 

We will help you solve it, so pls don't worry. :)

This is why I love FiiO, they just heard and they are reaching out to you to resolve the issue!

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #403 of 903
Thanks for the suggestion.

I know I can pair the Q1 up with a smartphone, but I have the X1 for dedicated music duty, I don't like using my phone to listen to music, I like dedicated players.

Also, the X1 I already bought, and it pairs up physically really nicely with the Q1. It fits in my pocket without much hassle. I'll just forget about the Q1's DAC. Stupid I know, but I'll stick with it for now. :)

Did you try pairing the Q1 with the X1? You can still use the Q1 as the X1's amp--the X1's headphone output can be changed to be line output and the Q1 has line input as well as USB input. You may like it :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 19, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #404 of 903
Did you try pairing the Q1 with the X1? You can still use the Q1 as the X1's amp--the X1's headphone output can be changed to be line output and the Q1 has line input as well as USB input. You may like it
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi Joe,

This is exactly how I'm using the two, I bought the Q1 to amplify my Beyerdynamic DT-1350CCs, with the X1 being taking on the player duties.

I just prefer the sound from the Q1's DAC to the X1 for certain music, it sounds airier, better soundstage to my ears, than the X1.

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #405 of 903
How are you using the Q1s DAC when pairing with the X1? The X1 has no digital out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back