FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"!
Nov 27, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #241 of 903
ANYONE?!?

I have 2 OnePlus One's, Mine and my Wife's.  I am running UAPP & Nuetron and I can Not get either to recognize my Q1.  I have used a OTG to Micro USB, a Micro USB to micro USB.  I have turned off the charging switch, I have unpluged restarted and done every combination I can think of.  My Q1 is easily recognized by my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7.

Any thoughts?  Really getting frustrated!!!  :frowning2:

Claus

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #245 of 903
   Is there any way to connect an Ipod touch or Ipad 4th gen,both 30 pin connectors, to the Q1 with included wires.? Why can't you use the short connector included? If I use Ipad with IOS 7 can I get digital sound from the Q1. Thanks, John

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #246 of 903
     Is there any way to connect an Ipod touch or Ipad 4th gen,both 30 pin connectors, to the Q1 with included wires.? Why can't you use the short connector included? If I use Ipad with IOS 7 can I get digital sound from the Q1. Thanks, John

Yes, you should be about to get them to recognize Q1, provided that they have at least iOS7 and above installed and the official Camera Connection Kit. As for why - because that's how Apple implemented it.

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #247 of 903
Nov 28, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #252 of 903
Tried the Q1 yesterday. All I can say is that there was a very noticeable spike in the mids that made snare drums sound oddly colored.

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #253 of 903
  I just published my review of the Q1. It's a nice entry DAC/AMP but it has its limits (and that's perfectly fine)

I was gonna ask what is the difference between the Q1 and the E10k since they are both DAC/AMP around the same price point..... I am glad I checked your review since you actually define the E10k has having a better sound. In my city its still available and even cheaper than the Q1. Ok we do not get a line-in but sound quality is more important for me.

Anybody else have tried both?

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #254 of 903
Yes. They're the same. I mean, I'm sure there are technical differences, but practically speaking I found them the same. Q1 is cheaper and offers line in for use as an amp-only, so I prefer it. But there's no material difference in sound between the two. Both are clean and just a tiny bit warm, relative to the price point.

Nov 30, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #255 of 903
Yes. They're the same. I mean, I'm sure there are technical differences, but practically speaking I found them the same. Q1 is cheaper and offers line in for use as an amp-only, so I prefer it. But there's no material difference in sound between the two. Both are clean and just a tiny bit warm, relative to the price point.

The OPAMP is different. And in the Headfonia article, the author preferred the E10k (and obviously the more expensive E17k) to the Q1 = http://www.headfonia.com/review-fiio-q1-the-entry-dacamp/2/

EDIT: here in Europe I can get the E10k for 15 euros less than the Q1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back