FiiO's Crown Jewel of Portable Music Player M11 Plus LTD Is Officially Released!
Aug 2, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #121 of 211
Can you compare m11 plus with dx160. Which has better sound. If you heard m11 plus. M11 i had and dx160 sounded for me better.
M11 ,m11 ltd SS I have those 2,never had the plus,m11 ltd sounds like a thx 88, clean and clear,dx160 is warmer sounding than the M11 and M11 Ltd, hope's that helps, depends on how you like your music to sound.

Aug 2, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #123 of 211
Since FiiO reading and responding to the thread maybe they'll answer why the Amazon music HD doesn't bypass SRC on FiiO M series Daps,but all the other Daps Hiby R6 2020 and Ibasso Dx160 and Dx300 it works without issue.I'm waiting but I won't hold my breath.

Aug 2, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #124 of 211
M11 ,m11 ltd SS I have those 2,never had the plus,m11 ltd sounds like a thx 88, clean and clear,dx160 is warmer sounding than the M11 and M11 Ltd, hope's that helps, depends on how you like your music to sound.
Thanks a lot, it helps. Have you felt any bigger difference between m11 and m11 ltd you have. Speed ofcourse but in sound. I had original m11 but sold it as for me it was too cold sounding but m11 ltd shoud sound better even if it still on colder side.
Perhaps dx300 is better choise if i like dx160 sound not m11 limited. Who knows

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #125 of 211
I love my M11 Pro. It sucks that I now need to buy the Plus just to access Apple Music Lossles.

Also love the size and weight of the Pro. The Plus seems just bigger and heavier enough to be annoying.

Aug 6, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #126 of 211
I love my M11 Pro. It sucks that I now need to buy the Plus just to access Apple Music Lossles.

Also love the size and weight of the Pro. The Plus seems just bigger and heavier enough to be annoying.
Dear friend,

Thanks for the feedback. The M11 Plus LTD is about 70g heavier than the M11Pro. But if you would like to use the Apple music app, you would need to choose the M11 Plus LTD instead. :sweat_smile:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 21, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #127 of 211
Hi fellow Head-fiers
Just picked one up yesterday. Retailer said they are selling like hot cakes. It’s still in the shrink wrap.
For those of you who have had a little time to play with it. I have a few questions

1) Any essential android apps to install or avoid?
2) should I order a better case for it?
3) what would be the best Bluetooth headphones (in ear design) to take advantage of the available wireless High-Res capabilities? Bluetooth Adapters are acceptable as well.
4) I have the FiiO UTWS3 wireless adapters. Will they take full advantage of the available Bluetooth Features?

Thanks a bunch,

Tal

Aug 24, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #128 of 211
Hi fellow Head-fiers
Just picked one up yesterday. Retailer said they are selling like hot cakes. It’s still in the shrink wrap.
For those of you who have had a little time to play with it. I have a few questions

3) what would be the best Bluetooth headphones (in ear design) to take advantage of the available wireless High-Res capabilities? Bluetooth Adapters are acceptable as well.
4) I have the FiiO UTWS3 wireless adapters. Will they take full advantage of the available Bluetooth Features?

Thanks a bunch,

Tal
Dear friend,

Thanks for choosing our M11 Plus LTD.
1. There are not limitation about the APP installation.
2. You could consider whether getting the better leather according to your own need.
3. Theoretically, the Bluetooth headphone supports LDAC, APTX Bluetooth codec could have better sound quality when connecting to the player. The UTWS3 is a nice choice as well. And due to individual preferences, you could read the professional reviews and comparisons, as well as try out by yourself.

Best regards

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 31, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #130 of 211
@FiiO Will you be adding Dolby Atmos support to the M11 Plus Ltd, esp as it supports Apple Music?
@FiiO I would also like to see the addition of Dolby Atmos support to the M11. I’m am enjoying it very much. Especially with DSD files and my JVC HA-FD01 IEMs with balanced cables. It has a fantastic sound stage (for an IEM). I wonder if that can be improved with Atmos encoding?
Apparently a part of the Apple proprietary improvements with headphone based spatial audio has to do with accelerometers in the headphones themselves which change the sound depending on where you move your head. This will be more benificial for movies obviously…

Sep 1, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #132 of 211
@FiiO Will you be adding Dolby Atmos support to the M11 Plus Ltd, esp as it supports Apple Music?
Dear friend,

We will try to report your feedback to the engineer for assessing about that.

Best regards

Sep 22, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #133 of 211
Hi fellow Head-fiers

Thanks a bunch,

Tal
Best bluetooth buds (that has to be a super personal opinion that you will need to sift through, but working with your qualifier ‘codec support’:wink:
Sennheiser IE80BT were a flagship bud (now replaced by much higher priced units), based on the IE80s and can be turned into a cabled bud with an offical cable add on.
They are a neckband design, with an ‘audio first’ design; eg they don’t focus on spec sheet warring (like battery life) and use their neckband space to have large battery capacity and a short runtime (obviously the amps are designed to give sound quality and not runtime quantity).
The IEMs support HWA and APT X HD and LL, and are known for having an expansive soundfield as IEMs go. (the soundfield and APT X LL makes them a great part to consider using with gaming consoles - perhaps using a FiiO BTA30 to get access to APT X LL transmission and DAC connection from a Playstation 4/5 etc)

I have tested and used this config.
Doesn’t hold a candle to a set of AKG612 open backs running off an iFi Diablo,.. but given they are on clearance price point from Sennheiser direct.. (or ‘Addicted to Audio’ if in the southern hemisphere), the price AND the features/sound quality makes them a real contender for bargain/no brainer/ ‘must buy’ status.

I bought two.
Even in APT X mode (Samsung phones are bastardised to not give Apt X HD or HWA support) they sound amazing, and even for critical listening they deliver a ‘true audiofool’ performance.
My reason for looking at a DAP with bluetooth is due to these buds.
I certainly wouldn’t run bluetooth buds that are not a neck band design. (I have a health background and would LOVE to highlight the couple of hundred doctors approaching the World Health Organisation to try and have regulation / policy in place to protect consumers(/humans), but it isn’t a part of your question, so I won’t rant on about it.. just as a compassionate soul, I’d not be doing you service to ignore the fact that as bluetooth pushes higher bandwidths/more range and ear buds are right into the canal with no bone to reflect RF, especially on children without a fully developed blood brain barrier- humans should do what they can to avoid this stuff. We can argue about non ionising radiation etc, but the reality is in a 5G network field, our bodies‘ no longer hit deep sleep (cellular) state (excitations that were 3 times a day are now thousands of times per... .(fades out and goes drinks a whiskey)..

Anyhow- neckbands for the win, especially if added benefits equal more power/proper amps and better reception (bigger aerial circuit etc). Best thing about neckbands is when taking buds out of ears, they can ‘just hang’.
The IE80BT actually can hook together and I never worry about them. Worst case- if the cables break- fully replaceable.. and ability to turn them into high end ear buds (that will use dual DACs and proper amps in the DAP).

For there present price on clearance I cannot imagine ANYTHING could touch these buds- built with an audio first/flagship ideal.
Well regarded and excellent for music AND gaming/movies etc...

Sep 22, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #134 of 211
@FiiO
Why is the output impedance stated as <1.4 Ohms on the product page? Why do FiiO's more recent product releases have a rather high-ish output impedance of more than 1 Ohm whereas of the older products have a much more favourable output impedance of around 0.1 Ohms?
Output impeadence needs be 1/10th the rated ohms (impedance) of the headphones.. Not a lot of buds hovering around 10ohms (or less).
Some B&W P5 / P7s I used for a long time (around 22ohms If I recall) were really hard to match an amp with, and if the output impeadence was high (like 10ohms) the bass bloat changed their sound profile considerable.
An output impeadence of less that 2 is ‘pretty sweet’ and I’d go so far as to say, not worth worrying about.
What is worse is if manufacturers start building parts to ‘just hit spec sheet war’ numbers, and forgo actual sound quality.
(In high end audio, spec sheets matter a lot less due to being actually built right and ‘designed for sound’ (not numbers)).
My Musical Fidelity XA1 (their most basic amp) flogged my Yamaha stereo amplifier (the most entry level part), which flogged a (wont give brand name) high end surround receiver for sound quality. (based on spec sheets the opposite SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRUE)

I wouldn’t worry about subtle output impeadence differences, so long as the number is 1/10th of your headphones rated ‘ohms’.
I have the M11 Pro and received the M11 Plus two weeks ago. One big thing for me that I'm missing on the M11 Plus is the "tap to wake" screen functionality that is on the M11 Pro. I've been digging through all settings and it isn't there anymore.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the 'Double tap to wakeup' is not supported in M11 Plus LTD currently. We will try to add in later firmware update soon.

Best regards
Actually turning off a bunch of ‘electrical noise’ features, in phones, equates to better audio transport functionality.
I know these DAPs have isolated power and shielding etc, ... but please make sure it isn’t turned on by default and that we have an OPTION to turn on/off as required.
Cheers

Oct 28, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #135 of 211
Yay- I have joined the lucky ones who got one. (rarer than Playstation 5s where I am)

Cheers to the team at my local dedicated audiophool store who micromanaged every aspect of the sale, treating my emails and calls with due respect and ensuring that communications were followed up on practically, calling me to alleviate fears and doubts about one of these materialising...

Have Afro Celt Sound System (Release) on playback now, bypassing home DACs and am happy with ‘out of box state’.

Some bluetooth use on the way home from the shop revealed much better transient control and bass quantity and quality.. as well as true air around all instruments and a vastly deeper soundstage and wider soundfield.
Instrumental detail/microdynamics was a big improvement. and this was bluetooth that basically has its own clock and DAC and could be argued that all I am comparing is Codecs etc...(or the Operating system customisation that Fiio have made)..
—but ‘no’; I have gone to effort in the past using a range of bluetooth transports (and tailoring them towards optimal sound), generally using Onkyo HF Player, and force locking LDAC to 44khz 16bit etc (android system developer options etc (+ HF PLAYER))..

On first connection to the preamp (and hearing the ACTUAL) analogue output, the soundstage was noticably inferior to the great consumer toy ‘iFi Diablo’.
In fairness I have seldom heard any ‘new from box’ audio have its soundstage in place within thirty minutes of the analogue circuitry being used ‘for the first time’.
After half an hour, the soundstage is widening, and front/back depth is kicking in... (in a few hundred hours I will have something practical to say)..

What I know I I bought the M11 Plus Ltd for the dual femto clock chips and clever internal design (including shields and power regulation), and a few test tracks on the bluetooth output has given me great reassurance that this thing should blow away all my USB transports....
If it can ‘touch the sun‘ (eg toslink from the Questyle QP1R) then I will be happy that USB can sound equal to other chains... (yet to hear that!!)

Observation bias will be literally sprinkled everywhere in my words about this device- might as well- ‘limited’ means that I have no horse in this race and am not upselling in the slightest..and no most people will never be able to test/check my phenomenological experience(s) with it.
Joy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back