FiiO X7 preview world tour--tour impressions rolling in
Nov 16, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #571 of 732
Yes, as a fellow HE400 wonder, I agree that it isn't a good pairing with the amp module.

You can also add the Mad Dog's to that list. Friend brought em today for me to test. Granted they are pretty similar to the HE-400. As I stated before. this is when using the IEM amp module. with other modules to be added in the future, I'm sure they will find a solution for everyone.

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #572 of 732
So xRelicx, what would you prefer to use then, X7 on its own or x5ii and Mojo (or Smartphone and Mojo)?

I use IEMs (Shure 535s) mostly, but Bose QC25 on planes and Beyer dt880 600ohms at home.

Trying to decide what the best path to go down is :)

Thanks,

Pete

That's an extremely tough question.

The X7 has an almost holographic presentation but doesn't quite cross the line in my opinion and is quite addictive. The Mojo sounds extremely natural to me. The Mojo is very good for powering pretty much anything out there silently from sensitive IEMs and high impedance headphones like the hd800 (HE6, Abyss, and AKG1000 and the like excluded) in one package, but you have to stack it. Using the JH Angie IEM as the only fair comparison the X7 seems to highlight every note/frequency which makes things slightly exaggerated/expanded to me, while the Mojo sounds more naturally cohesive (again, to my ears) but extremely well layered. Both are great (when using IEM) and I suspect the different amp modules will only expand the X7 functionality. I'd give the edge to the Mojo for my personal taste based on SQ alone.

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #573 of 732
When will X7 be available in US for immediate purchase?

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #574 of 732

The X7 has an almost holographic presentation but doesn't quite cross the line in my opinion and is quite addictive. The Mojo sounds extremely natural to me. The Mojo is very good for powering pretty much anything out there silently from sensitive IEMs and high impedance headphones like the hd800 (HE6, Abyss, and AKG1000 and the like excluded) in one package, but you have to stack it. Using the JH Angie IEM as the only fair comparison the X7 seems to highlight every note/frequency which makes things slightly exaggerated/expanded to me, while the Mojo sounds more naturally cohesive (again, to my ears) but extremely well layered. Both are great (when using IEM) and I suspect the different amp modules will only expand the X7 functionality. I'd give the edge to the Mojo for my personal taste based on SQ alone.

I agree about the holographic presentation. Elements of the song are so easy to pick out and it almost lingers in front of you. Listened to entire albums on it today, which is something I never do, but the X7 sounded so good I couldn't stop lol.

Going back and forth between the iPod classic and X7, astonishing just how much of a gulf there is between the two, in terms of sound quality. If I had to describe the X7 in one word it would be 3D. Just so darn addicting :)

Cant wait to pit it against the Mojo later on :p

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #575 of 732
For those who have the X7, do you feel the music loud better if you feed the DAC/Amp -> headphone with X7 than feed with PC or Mac?

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #577 of 732

I'd love to help. Can you please rephrase your question?

OK, with the two setup and how the comparison is for the sound quality

play music from PC or Mac --> DAC -> Amp -> headphone  

play music from FiiO X7 --> DAC -> Amp -> headphone  

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #578 of 732
OK, with the two setup and how the comparison is for the sound quality

play music from PC or Mac --> DAC -> Amp -> headphone  

play music from FiiO X7 --> DAC -> Amp -> headphone  

If using coaxial out from the X7 you shouldn't hear much difference at all from the computer to an external DAC -> Amp -> headphone.

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #579 of 732
If using coaxial out from the X7 you shouldn't hear much difference at all from the computer to an external DAC -> Amp -> headphone.

The Coaxial is the only digital output from the X7 (and many other DMPs). Is there better way to take out digital signal from X7 other than using the Coaxial? No? 

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #580 of 732
The Coaxial is the only digital output from the X7 (and many other DMPs). Is there better way to take out digital signal from X7 other than using the Coaxial? No? 

It seems no as the X7 isn't marketed to use OTG USB to another device. Either way you wouldn't notice much difference, if at all, outputting a digital signal from the X7 over using USB or optical from the computer.

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #582 of 732

Thanks for that.

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #583 of 732
It seems no as the X7 isn't marketed to use OTG USB to another device. Either way you wouldn't notice much difference, if at all, outputting a digital signal from the X7 over using USB or optical from the computer.

In that case I may want to look for a cheaper digital music player with digital output. My main use of it is to output digital signal (lossless play) to DAC-19 (only take in USB, Optical and Coaxial) to amp to headphone, I will not carry the digital player around. So X7's built in DAC and amp is of little use for me.

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #584 of 732

Supposedly USB OTG function for USB DAC will be implemented in X7's future firmware, but we don't know when that will come.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #585 of 732

I agree about the holographic presentation. Elements of the song are so easy to pick out and it almost lingers in front of you. Listened to entire albums on it today, which is something I never do, but the X7 sounded so good I couldn't stop lol.

Going back and forth between the iPod classic and X7, astonishing just how much of a gulf there is between the two, in terms of sound quality. If I had to describe the X7 in one word it would be 3D. Just so darn addicting :)

Cant wait to pit it against the Mojo later on :p

That really interests me. I wonder if it's worth upgrading from a x3ii just for the dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back