FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 15, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #3,362 of 6,207
Hi guys!
today purchased my new x7II have to say that i very satisfied with better then my old x7 and can play dsd256 very well
i happy!

Really glad to hear you are happy!

By the way, a little upgrade on my side, it seems that X7mkii is actually capable of reading high capacity mSD cards very well! I encountered a few problems before, but they should be sorted out, and X7mkii is one really capable device! Having 2 x 256 GB mSDs in it feels quite awesome! My entire library was less than that actual;ly :darthsmile:

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #3,363 of 6,207
Really glad to hear you are happy!

By the way, a little upgrade on my side, it seems that X7mkii is actually capable of reading high capacity mSD cards very well! I encountered a few problems before, but they should be sorted out, and X7mkii is one really capable device! Having 2 x 256 GB mSDs in it feels quite awesome! My entire library was less than that actual;ly :darthsmile:

When you say “sorted out”, do you mean the next firmware update has addressed the issues with slot 2?

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #3,364 of 6,207
When you say “sorted out”, do you mean the next firmware update has addressed the issues with slot 2?

Oh, I don't have any issues with Slot 2 ? What do you mean? Maybe we can work on it while we're at it.

My issue was quite a bit more complicated, I had a microSD bought from Amazon, but it was broken. We actually went through a lot of research to see why it wasn't readable. I'm in the process of getting it exchanged right now, no idea how it'll turn out. Left a bit of anger in my with the company - I have 5 Samsung mSD cards, and none failed or did anything wrong, I have one San*** and it failed.

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #3,365 of 6,207
Oh, I don't have any issues with Slot 2 ? What do you mean? Maybe we can work on it while we're at it.

My issue was quite a bit more complicated, I had a microSD bought from Amazon, but it was broken. We actually went through a lot of research to see why it wasn't readable. I'm in the process of getting it exchanged right now, no idea how it'll turn out. Left a bit of anger in my with the company - I have 5 Samsung mSD cards, and none failed or did anything wrong, I have one San*** and it failed.
I see. I was referring to the issue some report with large cards in slot 2 not responsive to pause and restart from previous position.

Dec 15, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #3,366 of 6,207
I see. I was referring to the issue some report with large cards in slot 2 not responsive to pause and restart from previous position.

2x400gig cards in my x7ii no poblems reading slot 2, it's not quick but it is reading nearly 600gig flac on those 2 cards slighly faster on 2tb via usc but it is usb2 so ony to be expexted and those files are dsd 128. This is a very capable well priced DAC if you like the Fiio sound sig and if you have good file structure, fast cards and well tagged files you will have no problems.

Dec 15, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #3,367 of 6,207
2x400gig cards in my x7ii no poblems reading slot 2, it's not quick but it is reading nearly 600gig flac on those 2 cards slighly faster on 2tb via usc but it is usb2 so ony to be expexted and those files are dsd 128. This is a very capable well priced DAC if you like the Fiio sound sig and if you have good file structure, fast cards and well tagged files you will have no problems.

Works like a charm for me as well actually!

Especially when it comes to X7mkii's signature and driving power relative to my portable usage

Dec 15, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #3,368 of 6,207
Works like a charm for me as well actually!

Especially when it comes to X7mkii's signature and driving power relative to my portable usage

I'm at home pushing dsd128 out of the x7ii, balanced out into Audeze LCDi4, not the easiest iems (if you can call them iems) to drive, it's only bettered by a Naim burr brown dac and schitt MJ2 with valves from the 1960's !

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #3,369 of 6,207
I'm at home pushing dsd128 out of the x7ii, balanced out into Audeze LCDi4, not the easiest iems (if you can call them iems) to drive, it's only betterd by a Naim burr brown dac and schitt MJ2 with valves from the 1960's !

Well, it drives everything I have in my home right now, to sound levels and proper driven sound . That is good enough for me as far as driving goes.

I have a dozen headphones and IEMs by now :darthsmile:

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #3,372 of 6,207
Vaporware.............

No - not vaporware - it exists (I'm using it) - part of the beta testing. I think they had a little hiccup with one more thing to fix. I'd suggest it'll be out shortly - and it seems to be very solid.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #3,374 of 6,207
I don't know what your experience is. If you're expecting the UI to suddenly become the same fluidity of a smartphone, you'll be disappointed. But I think it still very decent and for my tastes, I still love the device. They didn't have the turbo enabled on the balanced out - which I'm waiting to see if they enable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back