FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Oct 27, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #2,581 of 6,207
IMG_20171027_110557.jpg
I wonder when we will have the next firmware update

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #2,582 of 6,207
Why - what specifically are you looking to have a fix for?

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #2,583 of 6,207
Thank you for the info. I did factory reset twice, but the problem is still there. Very strange. Except for 2 albums (Diana Krall "Turn Up The Quiet" and Hiromi & Edmar Castaneda "Live in Montreal"), all the other 24/192 FLAC files play without any problem.
Following up my problem: I installed PowerAmp and found that the same files play flawlessly with PowerAmp.
Going back to FiiO Music, the problem comes back.
Now, the problem with PowerAmp is that the hardware buttons on the side do not work.

Any other suggestion about player apps?

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #2,584 of 6,207

The one thing for me is that they are looking into improving the wake performance on the second micro SD card. At the moment it takes about three seconds to re-mount from deep sleep which means often I'll have to press the play button several times before it starts the song again. I've recommended they send a keep-alive to that card as long as the active song is located there once the device sleeps.

In any case it has a tendency to restart the song from the beginning once resuming which Shadow has confirmed is a bug and they are looking into. Nothing major and it only really impacts large, high speed (also high latency) cards like 200GB+. It's a niggle that I'd love to see fixed so I can label the X7ii as absolutely perfect for me!

Oct 27, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #2,585 of 6,207
With viper effect turn on, some times I got songs skip 2 3 seconds before playing. I got a freeze in fiio music when turning on the machine then press physical play button, not reproducible at the moment but I did come across something like that once. The battery consumes 2% per turn on and off. Sometimes I got issue with installing application from playstore like youtube. With AM5 module the player gets much hotter compare to default amp. Charging with a QC3.0 charger and playing music at the same time with module AM5 the player gets hot ALOT. The heat problem doesn't seem that much with default amp though.
For new features I'm hoping we can assign the button function with UI, other buttons support screen turn on would be nice. The led charging indicator only works with the machine turning on.

Oct 28, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #2,587 of 6,207
Oct 28, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #2,590 of 6,207
Following up my problem: I installed PowerAmp and found that the same files play flawlessly with PowerAmp.
Going back to FiiO Music, the problem comes back.
Now, the problem with PowerAmp is that the hardware buttons on the side do not work.

Any other suggestion about player apps?

The hardware buttons and crossfade work in the Poweramp V3 alpha build, works great. It's made me turn on my wifi a few times so it could authenticate the app via Play services, but works great besides that.

Oct 29, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #2,591 of 6,207
I want usb otg to finally work on one of these fiio daps, just one!

The OTG works fine on both my X5II (with older firmware) and the X5III. Maybe you need too look at what hardware your using or your file system.
I can use two 256gb cards and a 256gb flash with many types of files and it works. I do not have the X7.

Oct 29, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #2,593 of 6,207
The OTG works fine on both my X5II (with older firmware) and the X5III. Maybe you need too look at what hardware your using or your file system.
I can use two 256gb cards and a 256gb flash with many types of files and it works. I do not have the X7.

Funny, on my x5 3, when I used it with my mojo it locked up and wouldn’t charge. It took me a while to get it functioning properly again. I even notified fiio. I sold my x5. Has there been an update that allowed otg with a dac? I’m afraid to even try with the x7 gen 2 as someone else here already had the same issue with the x7. This question is for everyone. Does usb otg work with the x7 gen2? Can I connect it to my DACs with no issue of it locking up?

Oct 29, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #2,595 of 6,207
Funny, on my x5 3, when I used it with my mojo it locked up and wouldn’t charge. It took me a while to get it functioning properly again. I even notified fiio. I sold my x5. Has there been an update that allowed otg with a dac? I’m afraid to even try with the x7 gen 2 as someone else here already had the same issue with the x7. This question is for everyone. Does usb otg work with the x7 gen2? Can I connect it to my DACs with no issue of it locking up?

OTG is when you hook up a USB drive with music on it and play it through the player. USB out is when you hook it to another unit that supports USB out and you play the files on the fiio through that unit. Fiio has not been good for this with any player I know of. I can do this with my cheep phone (Moto G4 Plus) without any problem. All I can say is good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back