FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Oct 26, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #2,566 of 6,207
Hey @FiiO , just a small suggestion for your music app. Its "only" a shortcut but in

Congratulations for your purchase!
Yes, AM3A has less power than AM3, I also noticed that in volume level. However, after a fair amount of listening hours with X7 Mk2 I'm back to the same (or even lower) volume than I was with X7 1st - I don't know exactly why (better bass presence?) but that must be a good thing, listening at lower volume should preserve hearing in a long term... Great headphone combo, love both. Never heard K10 but they look gorgeous and reviews are top notch. Getting a balanced cable or not? In my personal experience with A&K Angie II IEM, as both cables were included and were from the same source/quality, the difference was only due to the termination, SE or BAL - and I found the BAL to have better dynamics and maybe a more tense, defined lower end. But this was with X7 1st, I never compared the SE vs BAL on X7 mk2. I do listen SE at home with my humble audio technica Ath‑m40x and it sounds great too, although its a budget pair of headphones, so, bottom line, in your case, if you're thinking investing in cables for both headphones to go balanced, I wouldn't do it, unless you have the opportunity to try for free and decide by yourself.

Btw, Focal Elear ... how do you like it with X7 mk2? I'm very curious. I am to decide an upgrade to my AT and am seriously looking at Focal Clear - actually "looking" because I didn't manage to find it available... :L3000: ... yet!
I
After long period of comparing the Elear and the K10, I think the Elear provide that excitement from the music, the liveliness, while the K10 is great for vocalist like Adele. Both are easily driven by the AM3 or AM3A. Though I plan to switch the AM3 to the X7 Mark2 see how well they match up vs the AM3A.
I need to do a more listening with the Fostex TH-900 MarkII with the X7 Mark2. When I pair the Fostex with the old X7, it felt underpowered, so I had to use the iFi micro IDSD BL and then the TH-900 comes alive.
Still I prefer the signature of the Elear over the Th-900, though the TH-900 won out in the bass, the Elear does everything else better I think....
Anyone else have pair the TH-900 with X7 mark 2 ?

Oct 26, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #2,567 of 6,207
I
After long period of comparing the Elear and the K10, I think the Elear provide that excitement from the music, the liveliness, while the K10 is great for vocalist like Adele. Both are easily driven by the AM3 or AM3A. Though I plan to switch the AM3 to the X7 Mark2 see how well they match up vs the AM3A.
I need to do a more listening with the Fostex TH-900 MarkII with the X7 Mark2. When I pair the Fostex with the old X7, it felt underpowered, so I had to use the iFi micro IDSD BL and then the TH-900 comes alive.
Still I prefer the signature of the Elear over the Th-900, though the TH-900 won out in the bass, the Elear does everything else better I think....
Anyone else have pair the TH-900 with X7 mark 2 ?

Thanks for feedback! The new Senn HD660s seems very promising too. Its good portable players are getting attention from headphone manufacturers, latest models from many brands are "DAP friendly"

Regards

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #2,568 of 6,207
Does the X7mkII support AptX HD, or just AptX? The specs say AptX, but I’m hoping it just a documentation error.

Also, has anyone found a way to filter by file type in the UI? The Onkyo X1A does this and I find it useful to quickly show all my DSD tracks.
Hi,
The X7mkII support AptX instead of AptX HD.
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 26, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #2,569 of 6,207
Anyone happen to know if there will be a stacking kit for X7ii and the A5? My cayin C5 is starting to die on me (just turns off randomly) so considering my replacement and stacking kit sounds ideal (currently using Dual Lock). I have the a5 amp but it's still not as good for my LCD-XCs...

Oct 27, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #2,575 of 6,207
Oct 27, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #2,576 of 6,207
Hmm... you're beeing precautious ... I guess you pretend to keep Elear, right?

AFAIK, the main differences are the cooper voice coils and the new pads, but the early reviews seem very positive (lauch hype as usual...). Anyway, how would you rate the match between FiiO X7 mk2 and Elear? for your taste of course

got no idea i don't own an Elear or a Clear.

Oct 27, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #2,577 of 6,207
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #2,578 of 6,207
Got mine yesterday. I'm impressed with the SQ, which is really great for this price point.
But I got one problem. Some of my 24/192 FLAC files sound noisy and modulated (like using a guitar effect of vibrato/chorus).
These files play without any problem on various AK players (SP1000Cu, AK240, and AK70mk2). I played these files from the same micro SD card so that files are not corrupted or damaged.
Interestingly, when I used the USB DAC option on X7mk2 from MacBook Pro via Roon, there was no problem. Again they are the same files simply stored on my Mac.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

Oct 27, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #2,579 of 6,207
But I got one problem. Some of my 24/192 FLAC files sound noisy and modulated (like using a guitar effect of vibrato/chorus)...Has anyone experienced similar issues?

I remember that mentioned at least a couple of times (also happened to me) and a Factory reset solved the problem (This doesn't erase your music on card or in memory)
I would give it a try.

My 2 cents

Oct 27, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #2,580 of 6,207
I remember that mentioned at least a couple of times (also happened to me) and a Factory reset solved the problem (This doesn't erase your music on card or in memory)
I would give it a try.

My 2 cents
Thank you for the info. I did factory reset twice, but the problem is still there. Very strange. Except for 2 albums (Diana Krall "Turn Up The Quiet" and Hiromi & Edmar Castaneda "Live in Montreal"), all the other 24/192 FLAC files play without any problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back