FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Oct 3, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #2,371 of 6,207
Regarding USB Audio so far the only app working is Hiby Music with true bit perfect but sort of since after 5 min I need to reconnect the cable, digital coax is working but not bit perfect. With the original music player only digital audio is working perfectly and it is true bit-perfect now to compare it to Onkyo DPX1A I think the onkyo got a slightly better sound with a no hissing and better mid-range in other hand the X7 is much better in hardware construction so poor on the onkyo with the all the jack connectors failure, also much better is the implementation of USB connect mass storage on the Fiio I also love fast charging and the DNLA implementation on the Fiio music player.

Oct 4, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #2,373 of 6,207
Is there a comparison between Fiio X7 and Hifiman HM 700+RE400 or 600-balanced(the combination) regarding their sonic differences

I suspect this may be an apples-to-oranges comparison as they are aimed at completely different levels with different price points. I recall a review saying that the HM700 "approached" the level of the original X5, which should put it quite below the X7ii in terms of sound quality.

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #2,374 of 6,207
Hi! Just to check what filter mode do most of you use?

I have been trying these few days playing with the filter mode. I find the difference is subtle but I am not satisfy with the sound from x7ii compare to my combo of opus#1 and mojo. I feel like selling it away and feel regret buying it.

I read from an article of using cymbal to test the filter mode so I try and found the hybrid filter is the best natural sound for my iem. This has make me feel satisfy with my x7ii. Will use it for a period to see how it goes. I wonder if anyone using this filter? Does different headset need different filter?

Thanks for the tip. That's a nice filter. I prefer the higher frequencies as my hearing isn't what it used to be. That filter is better for me than the fast linear phase which I was using. Using Senns HD800S which I find a bit bass heavy. I use Chubby Checkers "Limbo Rock" as a test track for cymbals.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #2,376 of 6,207
Yes I am, with the FiiO balanced cable. Works very well with the Shure's being very efficient they don't need winding up to a high volume.

They sound good too. I went from X5II to the X7II. Balanced has more than enough power.

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #2,377 of 6,207
I too am using the X7 II with SE846 balanced and it sounds great. Better than what I thought. Really liking the bass definition and full sound of this DAP. The mids come thru great with the SE846.

Oct 6, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #2,381 of 6,207
Can anyone explain me why the volume reduce significantly when I enable the EQ? (even if the EQ is completely flat)
Simple answer would be to avoid clipping.

Oct 6, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #2,383 of 6,207
Can anyone explain me why the volume reduce significantly when I enable the EQ? (even if the EQ is completely flat)

Because most people don't know how to EQ properly. They tend to bump more often than reducing. So the easiest way to protect from clipping is to lower the output volume. Personally I'd rather see the 10 bands + also a gain slider - so you could adjust the gain manually - but I can see why they've chosen this route instead.

Oct 6, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #2,384 of 6,207
Simple answer would be to avoid clipping.

Because most people don't know how to EQ properly. They tend to bump more often than reducing. So the easiest way to protect from clipping is to lower the output volume. Personally I'd rather see the 10 bands + also a gain slider - so you could adjust the gain manually - but I can see why they've chosen this route instead.

Thanks for the explanation guys :)

Oct 6, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #2,385 of 6,207

Yes, but I absolutely hate the EQ on FiiO DAPs. They should think about implementing something like Jet Effects by Cowon which is the best EQ I believe.

If I want to use EQ on my X5 3, I never use the stock player.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back