FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 23, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #2,101 of 6,207
Lol. Wrote this before the last few postings. Sounds like the five star or two/one star spread might be an accurate reflection of people’s feelings

LOL. Love or hate, I love it. Some people’s hate it for issues related with FiiO music app, why do they refuse to use another??? Some people don’t like it for a few other reasons but some people just criticize everything and don’t move from where they are to learn how to use it properly. One year ago by this time of year, 7 out of 10 dislikes were about gapless which is working fine for me.

I second @Brooko on his advice formula for @FiiO and surely and mostly on stability.

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #2,102 of 6,207
Up and running!

5tQhWkz.jpg

5tQhWkz

Hi

What do you find the Mojo adds to the X7ii?

Regards

Darren

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #2,103 of 6,207
LOL. Love or hate, I love it. Some people’s hate it for issues related with FiiO music app, why do they refuse to use another??? Some people don’t like it for a few other reasons but some people just criticize everything and don’t move from where they are to learn how to use it properly. One year ago by this time of year, 7 out of 10 dislikes were about gapless which is working fine for me.

I second @Brooko on his advice formula for @FiiO and surely and mostly on stability.
I do accept that USB digital out is a serious issue right now and I am sure FiiO will sort it out very soon. But 'except the USB digital out' these issues are far less severe compared to the issues of original X7 and DX200 when there were released.

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #2,104 of 6,207
I do accept that USB digital out is a serious issue right now and I am sure FiiO will sort it out very soon. But 'except the USB digital out' these issues are far less severe compared to the issues of original X7 and DX200 when there were released.

Exactly. And unless I’m mistaken, USB audio out isn’t even supposed to be a feature right now, so I don’t know why people are feeling angry or disappointed when they try it and it doesn’t work. Maybe one day (I hope) with a firmware update, but right now you can’t expect something to work that the unit is t even supposed to do.

Sep 23, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #2,105 of 6,207
Exactly. And unless I’m mistaken, USB audio out isn’t even supposed to be a feature right now, so I don’t know why people are feeling angry or disappointed when they try it and it doesn’t work. Maybe one day (I hope) with a firmware update, but right now you can’t expect something to work that the unit is t even supposed to do.

I agree, except... One wouldn't expect connecting a USB-out to completely brick the player, which it's apparently done on two separate units so far ☹️

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #2,112 of 6,207
Anyone using a FiiO A5, or similar amp with the X7ii?

I used a A5 sometimes and it paired well (didn't notice any sonic change besides power)

I have been inactive in here as FiiO asked me if i would send the sample they sent me to another member to review as well. I obliged of course. I am looking forward to jamming it again in a couple weeks.
noticed the issues going on but I cannot be of any help as it is not with me right now.

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #2,113 of 6,207
@dsrk
I'm very new to Head-Fi and I'm interested in Fiio X7 mk2. Can you please share your thoughts on X7 II/X5 III with Saavan? How did it fare on SQ?
Welcome to Head-Fi Himas!!!!
I have not received my X7 II yet but X5 3 is a wonder value in its price range. It has all the features of X7 II and its SQ is on par with most of the competition which costs way more. I will share my thoughts on X7 II as soon as I receive it.

I don't use streaming services much but when I tried them with X5 3, the sound quality was very good compared to my phone. But the same music sounded significantly better on X5 3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back