FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 16, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #1,922 of 6,207
Well, theoretically the black screen should be the least battery consuming, followed by blue and white.
However, it shouldn't be a significant difference.
Take it as a hypothesis and try it out yourself. :)

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #1,925 of 6,207
By the way, my love is home. <3

MwA0ddE.png

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #1,928 of 6,207
OK go for the black one ! Regards

You will waste more battery with the black theme than the white one if you start waking your X7 every 2 minutes. This to say than other than those things that you can turn off in a “permanent” way if you don’t use them like wifi or bt, your listening habits will have much more weight that the black/white theme option

My 2 cents

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #1,929 of 6,207
Dark colors consume less power, so black is the best to save battery.

There is information about this here
https://www.howtogeek.com/131823/ht...allpaper-save-battery-on-your-mobile-devices/

For many portable devices – including Apple’s iPhone – you can’t save any battery life by using a black background. Like on a computer’s LCD monitor, the iPhone’s backlight is constantly shining when the screen is on.

However, this doesn’t apply if you’re using a mobile device with an AMOLED (also known as Super AMOLED or OLED) display. OLED screens don’t have a solid backlight. Each pixel on an OLED screen is an “organic light emitting diode” that produces its own light. When the pixel is black, it isn’t producing any light. When the pixel is white, it’s producing light.

In other words, if you use a black background on an AMOLED display, your display will produce less light. This will help save battery power, squeezing more battery life out of your device.

Ill have to find out what the FIIO is using :)

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,930 of 6,207
Was someone able to play DSD through the X7ii used as an external DAC? I tried different sources/applications (foobar2000, JRiver, mpd) and the only thing I got with DOP was a lot of noise and the music extremely quiet in the background... :confused:

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #1,931 of 6,207
Hey folks,

has anyone else experienced issues with battery yet?

Besides some software issues I was really happy with my player. Sadly, it is already dead now after only 4 weeks.

I had no issues till I had completely shut it down a couple of days ago and placed in cab. Charge level was maybe around 40%.
When I turned it on again the start-up animation didn't finish and player was off again. After a few more tries I plugged in power supply, and now the start-up animation changes to charging screen after a while.
Unfortunately I doesn't come to life again. I've tried several power supplies, and charged it for hours. But every time I tried to switch it on again the start-up animation endures less.
Now it seems to be completely dead and screen stays black. At first I thought, that the amp module or the connection might be faulty, but as the charge screen had been active it must be the player itself.

I guess the battery is now deeply discharged and broken. But this shouldn't happen, except there are some serious power drain issues sucking my battery to death while it was completely switched off for 4 days. I was using it in pure music mode only, except for updating.

Has anyone experienced some similar power drain?

Anyhow, it's going back to local dealership on monday. I hope they can fix it or ship me a replacement.

Greets
Ana

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #1,932 of 6,207
Hey folks,

Besides some software issues I was really happy with my player. Sadly, it is already dead now after only 4 weeks.

I had no issues till I had completely shut it down a couple of days ago and placed in cab. Charge level was maybe around 40%.
When I turned it on again the start-up animation didn't finish and player was off again. After a few more tries I plugged in power supply, and now the start-up animation changes to charging screen after a while.
Unfortunately I doesn't come to life again. I've tried several power supplies, and charged it for hours. But every time I tried to switch it on again the start-up animation endures less.
Now it seems to be completely dead and screen stays black. At first I thought, that the amp module or the connection might be faulty, but as the charge screen had been active it must be the player itself.

I guess the battery is now deeply discharged and broken. But this shouldn't happen, except there are some serious power drain issues sucking my battery to death while it was completely switched off for 4 days. I was using it in pure music mode only, except for updating.

Anyhow, it's going back to local dealership on monday. I hope they can fix it or ship me a replacement.

Greets
Ana

I had a similar problem, but was eventually able to rescucitate mine. First, make sure you have a good charger and a good USB cable (unfortunately you can't always assume they're good just because they work with one other device!). After plugging in the X7ii to charge, try pressing and holding the power button for 15 seconds and then letting go. If you still get nothing, wait a minute, then try again.

Good luck

Sep 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,933 of 6,207
I had a similar problem, but was eventually able to rescucitate mine. First, make sure you have a good charger and a good USB cable (unfortunately you can't always assume they're good just because they work with one other device!). After plugging in the X7ii to charge, try pressing and holding the power button for 15 seconds and then letting go. If you still get nothing, wait a minute, then try again.

Good luck

I already tried this process as I was on phone with support of dealer and they suggested me more or less the same. I even tried 4 different chargers.

But thank you for your advice, it might help others. Mine will go to repair.

Sep 16, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #1,934 of 6,207
Hey folks,

Greets
Ana
After my X7ii first ran out of power, I could not turn it on while charging.
I let it charge for a whole night, unplugged the cable and turned it on. It worked on me.

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #1,935 of 6,207
I already tried this process as I was on phone with support of dealer and they suggested me more or less the same. I even tried 4 different chargers.

But thank you for your advice, it might help others. Mine will go to repair.

That sucks ☹️ Hope you get it fixed/replaced quickly.

After my X7ii first ran out of power, I could not turn it on while charging.
I let it charge for a whole night, unplugged the cable and turned it on. It worked on me.

My fix involved something like that too. It took about a day to get my unit going again. Sounds like there's something going on with the hardware or software that's not quite right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back