FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 30, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #1,306 of 6,207
Got my free gift pack today from FiiO for being an early adopter of the X7 MKII. Good stuff.

Got mine too! Loving the case in particular. I'm going to be carrying that around a good bit.

Aug 31, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #1,308 of 6,207
Got my free gift pack today from FiiO for being an early adopter of the X7 MKII. Good stuff.

It's a pity that early adopters in Europe didn't get the same gift pack..:triportsad:

Aug 31, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #1,309 of 6,207
Hi, any forum member using/tried Focal Elear on X7/X7 mk2, how about driveability ?
Any sugestions for competitors on the same price range (up to 1000 Eur) ?

Regards

Aug 31, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #1,310 of 6,207
It's a pity that early adopters in Europe didn't get the same gift pack..:triportsad:
I know, right? I’m disappointed. Apparently our money isn’t good enough to get the same treatment!

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #1,313 of 6,207
Hopefully FiiO is reading this thread and will be willing to extend the gift pack to those outside of the US. It is a really nice gesture will some pretty cool stuff. The earphone case alone is makes it totally worth it.

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #1,314 of 6,207
Hi Marvellous,

Where did you get it in SG? I tried Stereo and ConnectIT but both were out by mid Aug :frowning2:

I jumped queue to grab a spare "pre-order" set just half an hour after the 1st batch reached the shop. Grabbed it before it was taken by other buyers. I am a very regular customer of TREOO, so they were very nice to release their only extra set to me at the pre-order price.

Now the price is adjusted back to SGD949 for 2nd batch onwards. But I will still buy it at this price as it is worth every penny.

I think the stocks will be regular in supply in 1-2 months time, when the demand slows down. I guess now still have many buyers switching from DX200, X5III and other DAPs, after auditioning the X7II.

I know DX200 has 2 DAC while X7II has single DAC, and only until you listen to both, you will understand why more users are going for X7II, and start to don't understand why single DAC could be better than double DAC sometimes.

It is that good. And worth the wait.

BTW, try other authorised sellers. Connect-It and Stereo don't keep many stocks in stores. Try Zeppellin at Sim Lim, TREOO or Farle.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #1,315 of 6,207
I jumped queue to grab a spare "pre-order" set just half an hour after the 1st batch reached the shop. Grabbed it before it was taken by other buyers. I am a very regular customer of TREOO, so they were very nice to release their only extra set to me at the pre-order price.

Now the price is adjusted back to SGD949 for 2nd batch onwards. But I will still buy it at this price as it is worth every penny.

I think the stocks will be regular in supply in 1-2 months time, when the demand slows down. I guess now still have many buyers switching from DX200, X5III and other DAPs, after auditioning the X7II.

I know DX200 has 2 DAC while X7II has single DAC, and only until you listen to both, you will understand why more users are going for X7II, and start to don't understand why single DAC could be better than double DAC sometimes.

It is that good. And worth the wait.

BTW, try other authorised sellers. Connect-It and Stereo don't keep many stocks in stores. Try Zeppellin at Sim Lim, TREOO or Farle.

Have they heard the two if so can they say how the sound differs?

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #1,319 of 6,207
I guess now still have many buyers switching from DX200, X5III and other DAPs, after auditioning the X7II. I know DX200 has 2 DAC while X7II has single DAC, and only until you listen to both, you will understand why more users are going for X7II, and start to don't understand why single DAC could be better than double DAC sometimes.

I've read that 9028Pro is very power angry, the almost 20% bigger battery on iBasso (than X7 mk2) takes 4-5 hours to a complete charge - with autonomy varying from 5-6 hours streaming to 8-10 hours with amp1 at the best. Even still, a good work from iBasso

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #1,320 of 6,207
I've read that 9028Pro is very power angry, the almost 20% bigger battery on iBasso (than X7 mk2) takes 4-5 hours to a complete charge - with autonomy varying from 5-6 hours streaming to 8-10 hours with amp1 at the best. Even still, a good work from iBasso

Probably why FiiO decides to just use a single 9028Pro DAC so that they can keep the nice thin design of X7II. If they have used dual Dac on the X7II, they probably need to make major changes in the size, or made modular battery with bigger size for users who needs more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back