FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 29, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #1,291 of 6,207
If X5 3 is big a improvement on X7, X7 II is already a very good improvement on X5 3 in terms of issues/bugs so far. I don't see many issues with X7 II, by this time other DAPs like DX200 were drowning in issues/bugs.

I would say definitely a stable firmware comparatively and don't bother too much.....go get one if it's available.

Aug 29, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #1,292 of 6,207
Sold my X5III but before that, I have not encountered any firmware issue. It is not slow either in terms of useability. In fact, it is actually one of the more stable DAP for my daily use (I don't use tidal or streaming). By the latest firmware, most of the issues encountered by earlier users are sorted out. Is it perfect in software? No. Just as all other DAPs, including AK DAPs that I used to have, everyone wants different things/functionality, but it is pretty fast and stable.

As for the purist firmware, sorry but I disagree with the comment of it being more stable. Not exactly implying that it is snake oil on any improvements in sound quality (though I heard no difference using the purist firmware, and maybe my hearing is failing), but the "purist" firmware does not solve any existing issues (if there is) that the original firmware has, but just tearing up different parts of the firmware and putting them back and adding on a weird logo to the X5III.

I would suggest that you go to a proper store and try playing around with the X5III for a longer time. It is not what you have read. It has great interface, stable firmware and never had any rebooting issues or anything that considered an issue for me. Just to put things right as it seems to have caused a wrong impression.

I like the X7II more because it seems to improve on the sound quality, and the added ram is always a bonus, but X5III is not unstable because of the lesser ram.

I do indeed like x5iii after auditioning it but the only thing stopping me is their firmware issue..till date it is still having issue. That being said, I know there is purist firmware which is pretty much stable than the official firmware but to be honest if the company firmware is giving so much issue.. I would rather wait.
Anyway is x7ii tidal function working Fine?

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #1,293 of 6,207
Sold my X5III but before that, I have not encountered any firmware issue. It is not slow either in terms of useability. In fact, it is actually one of the more stable DAP for my daily use (I don't use tidal or streaming). By the latest firmware, most of the issues encountered by earlier users are sorted out. Is it perfect in software? No. Just as all other DAPs, including AK DAPs that I used to have, everyone wants different things/functionality, but it is pretty fast and stable.

As for the purist firmware, sorry but I disagree with the comment of it being more stable. Not exactly implying that it is snake oil on any improvements in sound quality (though I heard no difference using the purist firmware, and maybe my hearing is failing), but the "purist" firmware does not solve any existing issues (if there is) that the original firmware has, but just tearing up different parts of the firmware and putting them back and adding on a weird logo to the X5III.

I would suggest that you go to a proper store and try playing around with the X5III for a longer time. It is not what you have read. It has great interface, stable firmware and never had any rebooting issues or anything that considered an issue for me. Just to put things right as it seems to have caused a wrong impression.

I like the X7II more because it seems to improve on the sound quality, and the added ram is always a bonus, but X5III is not unstable because of the lesser ram.
thanks alot bro, will do that once I have time on hand.. I am setting my eyes on x7ii thou.

I do want a dap which firmware is stable and able to use tidal or Spotify. Thanks again bro

Aug 29, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #1,297 of 6,207
20170830_003922[1].jpg

20170814_173540[1].jpg

20170814_184747[1].jpg

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #1,300 of 6,207
Hello I have a quick question. If I plug X7ii to a Mac computer and want to transfer music on a MicroSD card inside do I need an Android File Transfer software? Thanks

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,301 of 6,207
Hello I have a quick question. If I plug X7ii to a Mac computer and want to transfer music on a MicroSD card inside do I need an Android File Transfer software? Thanks

I have used my X7ii with my MacBook Pro and I’ve had no issues with just drag-and-dropping the files. Just make sure to turn on USB mode when the X7ii prompts you.

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #1,302 of 6,207
Is silver the only colour available? A local reseller has it on preorder, with the colour listed as black. But it looks the same in the pictures, gun metal, although it's probably just silver with nice lighting for the photo.

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #1,303 of 6,207
I have used my X7ii with my MacBook Pro and I’ve had no issues with just drag-and-dropping the files. Just make sure to turn on USB mode when the X7ii prompts you.
Thank you sir!

Aug 30, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #1,304 of 6,207
@FiiO, one thing I miss in the new theme Simplicity White is we can't know the current track number during playback, the only way to find position within the album is swiping from left and even then its not an easy reading - equal for the total number of tracks. If you want to keep the control panel simple as it is without adding more info, then I suggest to put the track number/#tracks on the 3rd screen (before the VU meter), just left to song name, it would make all the sense for me.

Btw, maybe my X7 2nd is burning in or me head is - this THING sounds terrific!

my 2 cents

Aug 30, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #1,305 of 6,207
Got my free gift pack today from FiiO for being an early adopter of the X7 MKII. Good stuff.

IMG_2411.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back