FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 28, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #1,276 of 6,207
Hi there
Is tidal working in offline mode? ( or other platform as qobuz Spotify etc)
And how It works? ( i said this because i know some daps don't use their full potential and have a lot of bugs)
Thks
I am using Qobuz, and offline mode works fine.

Aug 28, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #1,277 of 6,207
I've noticed that Tidal has stuttering when playing offline for a while. Unfortunate. Hopefully FiiO and Tidal can figure it out. I personally don't use it (I activated trial for testing), but it'd be nice to see it fixed for everyone else's sake.

Aug 28, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #1,278 of 6,207
Looks like my only job now is to wait for the price to drop further! Been choosing between Cayin N3, Shanling M2S, X5III and X7II

Or wait for someone selling used set at a good discount. Not many users having the X7II at the moment though and thus probably will have to wait for a while before someone decides to let go.

If you are not looking for specific sound signature and additional features of X7II, the X5III is still a good buy which ticks most boxes of anyone looking for a good DAP.

Aug 28, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #1,280 of 6,207
I haven't read the whole thread but, how is the new firmware different from the old X7? Since that was perhaps the biggest complaint of version 1, has it been improved enough that it won't hinder it from being a capable player?

Aug 28, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #1,281 of 6,207
Hi , are there a Android remote control for the X7 II like the HibyLink on The Cayin N3 , to control the X7 II via your Smartpnone ? Thanks in advance .
Although not as easy as HibyLink, remote operation is possible by tethering X5 3rd to a smartphone and building network audio.

X5 3rd or X7 mark II
- BubbleUPnP Server (to make renderer openhome)
https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/#android
- BubbleUPnP for DLNA App (server)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp
- Neutron Music Player App (renderer)*
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mp
*Neutron is the only third-party app that can play native playback up to 24bit/192kHz with X5 3rd, but I have not confirmed that native playback will work correctly with X7 mark II.

iOS or Android Smartpnone
- Kazoo or Lumin App (openhome controller)

Please try it if you like.

Note
The above is a network audio system with openhome. DLNA's network audio that is not openhome can be built with another applications.

Aug 28, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #1,282 of 6,207
Hi All,

Still absolutely in love with my X7 Mark II. Such a great sounding piece of gear.

Anyways, I just wanted to confirm after reading the posts above, I can safely disable Google Play Services with no impact to my player if I only listen to my SDXC cards, correct? I have no interest in streaming or using this player for anything other than my personal library.

Thanks for the help!

Aug 28, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #1,283 of 6,207
I haven't read the whole thread but, how is the new firmware different from the old X7? Since that was perhaps the biggest complaint of version 1, has it been improved enough that it won't hinder it from being a capable player?

Honestly I don’t think so. Its a completely different start, not from a perfect but from a fairly stable firmware in the most important things.

I see the road ahead as a refining process, we won’t get firmware updates at every two weeks to patch some very basic things, most of them were being build in front of our eyes during the transition process from fw2 to fw3 with X7. Actual fw in both platforms is already a good piece of software and will be improved for certain. My kudos to FiiO for listening customers and for responsiveness

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #1,284 of 6,207
Although not as easy as HibyLink, remote operation is possible by tethering X5 3rd to a smartphone and building network audio.

X5 3rd or X7 mark II
- BubbleUPnP Server (to make renderer openhome)
https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/#android
- BubbleUPnP for DLNA App (server)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp
- Neutron Music Player App (renderer)*
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mp
*Neutron is the only third-party app that can play native playback up to 24bit/192kHz with X5 3rd, but I have not confirmed that native playback will work correctly with X7 mark II.

iOS or Android Smartpnone
- Kazoo or Lumin App (openhome controller)

Please try it if you like.

Note
The above is a network audio system with openhome. DLNA's network audio that is not openhome can be built with another applications.
Thanks for your reply but it is too complicated for me ! Regards .

Aug 28, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #1,285 of 6,207
Or wait for someone selling used set at a good discount. Not many users having the X7II at the moment though and thus probably will have to wait for a while before someone decides to let go.

If you are not looking for specific sound signature and additional features of X7II, the X5III is still a good buy which ticks most boxes of anyone looking for a good DAP.
I do indeed like x5iii after auditioning it but the only thing stopping me is their firmware issue..till date it is still having issue. That being said, I know there is purist firmware which is pretty much stable than the official firmware but to be honest if the company firmware is giving so much issue.. I would rather wait.
Anyway is x7ii tidal function working Fine?

Aug 28, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #1,286 of 6,207
I do indeed like x5iii after auditioning it but the only thing stopping me is their firmware issue..till date it is still having issue. That being said, I know there is purist firmware which is pretty much stable than the official firmware but to be honest if the company firmware is giving so much issue.. I would rather wait.
Anyway is x7ii tidal function working Fine?

I havent really had any issues with Tidal on the x7ii.

The x7ii also runs smoother/handles GUI updates better than the x5iii. I think more ram just keeps things chugging along a little better.

What issues are you experiencing with the x5iii/Tidal?

Aug 28, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #1,287 of 6,207
I'm running Tidal HiFi on my X7 MKII and I don't have an issue either. When I take it to work I do have a problem with the internet being to slow and Tidal quits on me. But that is not a knock on the X7 MKII it's more my work internet. I don't have that problem at home. The UI is really responsive and I don't have any lag when navigating it.

Aug 28, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #1,288 of 6,207
I'm running Tidal HiFi on my X7 MKII and I don't have an issue either. When I take it to work I do have a problem with the internet being to slow and Tidal quits on me. But that is not a knock on the X7 MKII it's more my work internet. I don't have that problem at home. The UI is really responsive and I don't have any lag when navigating it.

Have you tried offline yet? I downloaded Avenged Sevenfold's The Stage and noticed stuttering on track 7/11 as well as the last two tracks.

Aug 29, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #1,289 of 6,207
I havent really had any issues with Tidal on the x7ii.

The x7ii also runs smoother/handles GUI updates better than the x5iii. I think more ram just keeps things chugging along a little better.

What issues are you experiencing with the x5iii/Tidal?
hi i have not own one x5iii at the moment but was reading up on the fiio forum in this and the slowness. So far x7ii nothing negative yet. Was setting my eyes in this after hawaiiboy review on YouTube. Price in sg has been dropping, predict it may drop more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back