FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Apr 18, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #4,276 of 6,207
I just got a 2.5 balanced to 4 pin XLR adapter to test out my HD800 and HE6 on the X7. I thought the combo would be horrible and harsh but hell no, it's pretty rocking. High gain at 95/120 volume. For HE-6, high @ 120/120 barely there. :beyersmile:

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #4,277 of 6,207
:frowning2: there is a USB port on the far left @FiiO
Dear friend,

Ok, sorry becasue we are not familar with the DAC device you mentioned as well. You may contact the support from this DAC for help as well.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 19, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #4,278 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Sorry, because of the Internet issue there, failed to read the video. Maybe would it be the warning tone in your computer or software? You may try other softwares as well.

The delay may relate to many factors. You may try setting the usb streaming mode to minumun latency to see if it helps.

Best regards

I've had no success in solving this issue.... This is really, REALLY unsatisfying. I'm thinking about selling the DAP because of this issue...

(Tvhe video is in portuguese, but you'll get the idea as I swap sample rates)
In youtube:
in vimeo:

As you can all hear, there is this weird ringing on the test file. So I tried testing it with just music: there is a slight "ringing" as the windows bell sample, but there is a weird after noise that lingers behind the sounds... the transients are just so weird. This all goes away when I lower the sampling rate. (this happens with every test file I have, independent of its resolution)

No one else has had this ringing issue using the USB DAC @ 96kHz or higher sample rates? If I lower the sample rate I have no "ringing" problem but I have a serious lag issue. When I'm watching movies the sound is very off sync the explosions/speeches. I tried setting in every "USB Streaming Mode" option to see if this gets better. It does not solve the issue and if I use some options I get weird artifacts and "pops" instead of the "ringing".

This happens when I use docked on the K5 and normally connected via microUSB and using headphones. I have tested with my CIEM and my Hifiman Edition X v2.

No one here uses the X7ii as a USB DAC? Only as DAP??

FW: 1.0.5
USB driver: 4.11.0

Please help!!!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #4,280 of 6,207
Apr 19, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #4,282 of 6,207
If I lower the sample rate I have no "ringing" problem but I have a serious lag issue. When I'm watching movies the sound is very off sync the explosions/speeches. I tried setting in every "USB Streaming Mode" option to see if this gets better. It does not solve the issue and if I use some options I get weird artifacts and "pops" instead of the "ringing".

I have used it as a DAC hoping to be able to use its great sound quality when creating music. FiiO's ASIO implementation seems to be broken, I have a lot of experience with ASIO devices, but the delay on the X7 is much higher than the FiiO control panel states, rendering it useless for creating music. The delay gets shorter when increasing the samplerate, which indicates that there is a buffer somewhere that doesn't scale with the samplerate, which it should do to keep the delay constant. I don't know about ringing, I was focusing on fixing the delay without success. I really hope FiiO will take some time to focus on fixing ASIO.

Apr 19, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #4,283 of 6,207
I have used it as a DAC hoping to be able to use its great sound quality when creating music. FiiO's ASIO implementation seems to be broken, I have a lot of experience with ASIO devices, but the delay on the X7 is much higher than the FiiO control panel states, rendering it useless for creating music. The delay gets shorter when increasing the samplerate, which indicates that there is a buffer somewhere that doesn't scale with the samplerate, which it should do to keep the delay constant. I don't know about ringing, I was focusing on fixing the delay without success. I really hope FiiO will take some time to focus on fixing ASIO.

Were you able to hear the video I uploaded? Could you hear the ringing in the video? I showed it to a couple of friends and it was very obvious to them...

Apr 19, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #4,284 of 6,207
Yes, I can hear the ringing in your video's, it sounds like very low samplerate samples.

Apr 20, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #4,285 of 6,207
I've had no success in solving this issue.... This is really, REALLY unsatisfying. I'm thinking about selling the DAP because of this issue...

(Tvhe video is in portuguese, but you'll get the idea as I swap sample rates)
In youtube:
in vimeo:

As you can all hear, there is this weird ringing on the test file. So I tried testing it with just music: there is a slight "ringing" as the windows bell sample, but there is a weird after noise that lingers behind the sounds... the transients are just so weird. This all goes away when I lower the sampling rate. (this happens with every test file I have, independent of its resolution)

No one else has had this ringing issue using the USB DAC @ 96kHz or higher sample rates? If I lower the sample rate I have no "ringing" problem but I have a serious lag issue. When I'm watching movies the sound is very off sync the explosions/speeches. I tried setting in every "USB Streaming Mode" option to see if this gets better. It does not solve the issue and if I use some options I get weird artifacts and "pops" instead of the "ringing".

This happens when I use docked on the K5 and normally connected via microUSB and using headphones. I have tested with my CIEM and my Hifiman Edition X v2.

FW: 1.0.5
USB driver: 4.11.0

Please help!!!

Dear friend,

We fail to reproduce the same issue you met. What's the message with '!'?
When playing the music files from the music software, choosing the ASIO instead, you would receive those message or ringing still?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 20, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #4,286 of 6,207
Dear friend,

We fail to reproduce the same issue you met. What's the message with '!'?
When playing the music files from the music software, choosing the ASIO instead, you would receive those message or ringing still?

Best regards

The message is just the windows alert that pops up when I change sample rates some programs might stop working.

When playing the music files from the music software there is an added brightness / after-noise to the sound... After a while you "can get used to it" but it's not something that sounds natural, especially when coming from the way that it was supposed to be played.

This is only in USB DAC mode: in DAP mode it plays flawlessly.

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #4,287 of 6,207
The message is just the windows alert that pops up when I change sample rates some programs might stop working.

When playing the music files from the music software there is an added brightness / after-noise to the sound... After a while you "can get used to it" but it's not something that sounds natural, especially when coming from the way that it was supposed to be played.

That sounds like a windows sound setting is mismatched.

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #4,288 of 6,207
Apr 20, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #4,289 of 6,207

Verify your windows settings : are all enhancement effects disabled for your X7?

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #4,290 of 6,207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back