FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Nov 24, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #2,988 of 6,207
Hey @Snowball0906 ,

I've been seeing you asking quite a bit about DAPs,

Honestly, I think that if you give us a few details about what you want, it might be simpler to give advice!

I honestly think that X7mkii will make most folks very happy, and it is a dream DAP at this moment. I've been using it for a while now, 100% stable, no issues, a really good DAP, and with FiiO's Black Friday sales, you should be able to get a great deal on it!

Hello George,

I am looking for DAP that could unleash full potential of my IEM (Heaven 8 and JH x3 pro). The SQ im looking for will be clear and detail, wide sound stage with correct instrument placement and correct amount of bass.

However, my ideal sq seems like can only be achievable with DAP such as SP1000ss / Sp1000cu (correct me if im wrong), which is totally out of my budget.. What i can afford is x7 ii or ak70 ii or mojo. Now I've tried out mojo, the sq is a lil warm to me but i do like the correct amount of bass and how detail was the instrument. Besides, i also like how they place singer at the middle and the instruments are on the left and right (placement).

Does x7ii perform the same as well but with clearer and less warm sq?

Thank you George.

Nov 24, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #2,989 of 6,207
Hello George,

I am looking for DAP that could unleash full potential of my IEM (Heaven 8 and JH x3 pro). The SQ im looking for will be clear and detail, wide sound stage with correct instrument placement and correct amount of bass.

However, my ideal sq seems like can only be achievable with DAP such as SP1000ss / Sp1000cu (correct me if im wrong), which is totally out of my budget.. What i can afford is x7 ii or ak70 ii or mojo. Now I've tried out mojo, the sq is a lil warm to me but i do like the correct amount of bass and how detail was the instrument. Besides, i also like how they place singer at the middle and the instruments are on the left and right (placement).

Does x7ii perform the same as well but with clearer and less warm sq?

Thank you George.

Yes.

I think X7mkii would be perfect for your needs!

I prefer it over Mojo to be honest, it has a slightly wider and deeper soundstage, with slightly more detail in the treble, and I think it is a bit more musical than Mojo.

I'm absolutely sure that you can be really happy with your current budget, and that something like X7mkii can be quite ideal for your needs, being an awesome DAP, right out of the box.

I think both your IEMs are fairly easy to drive and that X7mkii should do an awesome job with them :smile_phones:

Nov 24, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #2,990 of 6,207
Yes.

I think X7mkii would be perfect for your needs!

I prefer it over Mojo to be honest, it has a slightly wider and deeper soundstage, with slightly more detail in the treble, and I think it is a bit more musical than Mojo.

I'm absolutely sure that you can be really happy with your current budget, and that something like X7mkii can be quite ideal for your needs, being an awesome DAP, right out of the box.

I think both your IEMs are fairly easy to drive and that X7mkii should do an awesome job with them :smile_phones:

Thank you so much, George.

In that case I will place my order for x7mkii. Hehe. I like how mojo sounds but i guess x7ii will satisfy my need, especially the changeable module :D Cant wait for them to arrive! :gs1000smile: Just another question, I wonder if u had tried to pair x7ii with mojo?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #2,991 of 6,207
Thank you so much, George.

In that case I will place my order for x7mkii. Hehe. I like how mojo sounds but i guess x7ii will satisfy my need, especially the changeable module :D Cant wait for them to arrive! :gs1000smile: Just another question, I wonder if u had tried to pair x7ii with mojo?

I did not see the need.

I liked X7mkii alone better, since it has a more energetic sound, so I didn't bother adding Mojo to it. The form factor wasn't justified either, since Mojo is quite thick and it would had made the stack a bit too hard to manage.

X7mkii has a very powerful AMP module available for it, AMP5, if you feel you need more power, along with more options, which made using X7mkii a better standalone option than adding a stacking kit to it.

I should mention that I am quite happy with the module it comes with, AM03A, and I haven't really felt the need to change it to anything else, as it can drive most headphones and pretty much all IEMs I have well enough, and to loud enough volumes.

Nov 24, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #2,992 of 6,207
I did not see the need.

I liked X7mkii alone better, since it has a more energetic sound, so I didn't bother adding Mojo to it. The form factor wasn't justified either, since Mojo is quite thick and it would had made the stack a bit too hard to manage.

X7mkii has a very powerful AMP module available for it, AMP5, if you feel you need more power, along with more options, which made using X7mkii a better standalone option than adding a stacking kit to it.

I should mention that I am quite happy with the module it comes with, AM03A, and I haven't really felt the need to change it to anything else, as it can drive most headphones and pretty much all IEMs I have well enough, and to loud enough volumes.

Okok. Thank you so so much. U really helped me a lot.

Nov 24, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #2,994 of 6,207
Got this coming tomorrow, cant wait to hear it. Also got another 200gb mSD as they are only 50 bucks on Amazon right now.

You got a really nice deal on the mSD card there!

Please let us know how you feel about its sound!:L3000:

Okok. Thank you so so much. U really helped me a lot.

I'm really glad to help!

I hope it brings a lot of fun to you!:darthsmile:

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #2,996 of 6,207
sorry I’m really new to this audio hobby. actually when I tried x5 iii with and without mojo, there’s a significant difference. Probably mojo has wider soundstage, which make vocal to be more centric and the instruments are placed surrounded by it. Just my two cents thoughts.

Nov 25, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #2,997 of 6,207
Am I likely to experience any significant difference between Coaxial v Optical output or are they both equally good in reality?

They should be similar, but if you are sending audio from the unit in these ways, such as optical, you are sending a digital signal to another device that had to decode that into analogue again, so in theory you are just using the player as a way to send a digital signal which makes you rely on the quality of whatever it is plugged into for sound reproduction.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #2,999 of 6,207
You got a really nice deal on the mSD card there!

Please let us know how you feel about its sound!:L3000:

I'm really glad to help!

I hope it brings a lot of fun to you!:darthsmile:

Definitely will! hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back