FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 8, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #1,666 of 6,207
Hi! I have wifi and bluetooth disabled, screen contrast set to 1/3-1/2 and switch the X7 mk2 off when I am not listening for over 1 hour.
As far as I know, we are still officially with fw 1.0
I just received a notification that a new Firmware Update was available for the X7 II when I turned it on to test my newly arrived Oppo PM3s. I updated over WiFi. It's too early to tell what was fixed by the update.

@FiiO : I think that even with the new update, one of the filters is labeled with the wrong term. I think that the "Hybid" filter should be called "Hybrid" (I'm not a native speaker myself but hybrid makes more sense to me).

Sep 8, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #1,668 of 6,207
Sep 8, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #1,672 of 6,207
Is it any relation about crawling and the fact that I am asking if I update the media library after a FW update (some another brand request that) still don't understand why I have this reply : it's crawling ?

"its crawling" was referring to how slow the server is for downloading the FW. It was not meant for you but for the server traffic

Sep 8, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #1,675 of 6,207
I own PM-3's as well and I am seriously considering the X7 mkii. How do you find the pairing. I also like that balanced cable, hopefully they ship to N.A.

Hey there,

Pairs very nicely. With my previous Sony, I realtly had to crank up the EQ for the highs, but it just sounds so much better out ther box with these. So much detail in the music, the base remains nice and tight, something I like about the PM'3s. Overall a very articulate sound, lots of detail. The mids are a little forward, but for me it was just not something I was used to as previously they were more subdued. I'm now beginning to live the vocals on some of my collection. I'm very happy with this pairing to be honest!! The balanced cable is brand new, so to early to tell, will give it some time.

Sep 8, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #1,676 of 6,207
I have awesum speedy Japan internetz! :)

The ironit moment when Romania is not a great country in any way, but it is in top 3 European countries internet speed-wise. We have been without internet for so long, that when they introduced it, they skipped all the technologies and went straight to implement the latest, leading to 7-8mb to 15 mb / s download speeds when the source permits.

Sep 8, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #1,677 of 6,207
Hey there,

Pairs very nicely. With my previous Sony, I realtly had to crank up the EQ for the highs, but it just sounds so much better out ther box with these. So much detail in the music, the base remains nice and tight, something I like about the PM'3s. Overall a very articulate sound, lots of detail. The mids are a little forward, but for me it was just not something I was used to as previously they were more subdued. I'm now beginning to live the vocals on some of my collection. I'm very happy with this pairing to be honest!! The balanced cable is brand new, so to early to tell, will give it some time.

Thanks.

Sep 8, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #1,678 of 6,207
Dear friend,

According to our understanding, the balanced cable usually doesn't have in line control. It may not be supported in balanced output.

Best regards
OK I tried to put a Fiio Tempered Glass protector for the X7 on the X7 II but it is maybe half millimetre too long so the bottom or the upper part don't stick properly. @FiiO Are you planning to put on sale Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for the X7 II? Or any other way to get Screen Protectors for the X7 II?

Sep 8, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #1,679 of 6,207
OK I tried to put a Fiio Tempered Glass protector for the X7 on the X7 II but it is maybe half millimetre too long so the bottom or the upper part don't stick properly. @FiiO Are you planning to put on sale Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for the X7 II? Or any other way to get Screen Protectors for the X7 II?
I think it comes with a tempered glass protector pre-installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back