FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Aug 10, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #17,476 of 18,020
Aug 10, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #17,477 of 18,020
Which amp module of X7 is most similar sound-wise to X5iii with iems? I like X5iii sound-wise quite a bit and want to check this with my new X7ii.

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #17,480 of 18,020
Thanks! What about AM2a? From reading, seems like it would be moving AM2 in X5iii direction.

Woah, I have not tested AM2a, so cannot talk about it. It might be even closer to x5-3, but I cannot guarantee that.

All I know is that AM2 uses Muses OP-AMPs which do about the same thing as X5-3, but even more dynamic with more impact

Aug 10, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #17,481 of 18,020
Woah, I have not tested AM2a, so cannot talk about it. It might be even closer to x5-3, but I cannot guarantee that.

All I know is that AM2 uses Muses OP-AMPs which do about the same thing as X5-3, but even more dynamic with more impact
Thanks! Will give one of them a try.

Aug 10, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #17,483 of 18,020
which one is better?

I JUST received the AM3A. DHL delivered it to my office this morning. I'm going to try it out tonight. Unfortunately I already sold the AM3 so I can't do a direct comparison.

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #17,487 of 18,020
Wonder when Fiio will get around to implementing the 'add to now playing queue' functionality that they keep referring to? I now I can create playlists on the fly but I actually have a preference for queuing tracks whilst I listen. I'll download this latest firmware and install it in the hope that the 'add to queue' function has been implemented but I'm not holding my breathe.

Aug 14, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #17,489 of 18,020
Wonder when Fiio will get around to implementing the 'add to now playing queue' functionality that they keep referring to?.

I've been claiming this for years. An option to mark a song to be the next to play when finish the actual song and then continues the order next to the marked song if no more songs are marked or queued to play. Like iRiver H-1xx or H-3xx models.

I'm also reclaiming:
  1. DSD256 Support
  2. Allow Fast Forward/Rewind by long pressing next song key.
  3. Allow to skip to next song in the next album or folder by pressing or long pressing or two pressing a key.
  4. Allow lyrics from TAGS: LYRICS and UNSYNCKED_LYRICS.
  5. More use of ID3 TAGS: Disc Number, Composer, Year, Ratings.
  6. Allow library to search, order and select by composer, year, ratings.
  7. Allow Fonts size selection for Fiio Music App. Some people has eye visibility problems.
  8. Allow landscape mode. Like other Android players.
P.D. Many other features that I have been claiming in the past, have already been implemented by FiiO.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #17,490 of 18,020
I've been claiming this for years. An option to mark a song to be the next to play when finish the actual song and then continues the order next to the marked song if no more songs are marked or queued to play. Like iRiver H-1xx or H-3xx models.

I'm also reclaiming:
  1. DSD256 Support
  2. Allow Fast Forward/Rewind by long pressing next song key.
  3. Allow to skip to next song in the next album or folder by pressing or long pressing or two pressing a key.
  4. Allow lyrics from TAGS: LYRICS and UNSYNCKED_LYRICS.
  5. More use of ID3 TAGS: Disc Number, Composer, Year, Ratings.
  6. Allow library to search, order and select by composer, year, ratings.
  7. Allow Fonts size selection for Fiio Music App. Some people has eye visibility problems.
  8. Allow landscape mode. Like other Android players.
P.D. Many other features that I have been claiming in the past, have already been implemented by FiiO.

It will be perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back