FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 20, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #17,446 of 18,020
Ever thought for a second that it might also be the Tidal app? I've noticed some freezes and some stuttering. Got same thing with the Cayin i5. Unsure if this just means the Tidal app is more optimised for use with mobile phones with more powerful processors and possibly more RAM. I don't think FiiO is ignoring the issue - but more that its out of their control. It is Tidal's app and Tidal's player interface.
I get you like Fiio but it's not just Tidal. Other streaming services have the same issue. If the X7 and other android based DAP's can't stream then don't advertise that they can. It sure as hell would have saved me and I'm sure many others a lot of money had we know this to be the case.

Jul 20, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #17,447 of 18,020
I get you like Fiio but it's not just Tidal. Other streaming services have the same issue. If the X7 and other android based DAP's can't stream then don't advertise that they can. It sure as hell would have saved me and I'm sure many others a lot of money had we know this to be the case.

Its not that I like FiiO - its simply being objective. I'm petty sure Tidal can fix this, but FiiO can't. The issue is with the Tidal app. If you could just download the Tidal library off-line and then play it through FiiO Music or Neutron, it wouldn't be an issue (real pity you can't do that). Its the Tidal player that appears to be the issue I'm afraid. I'm sorry it doesn't meet your requirements. And I don't think they (FiiO) false advertised either. All they have in their adverts is:
"supports on-line music apps via wifi"
It's not really their fault that the Tidal app works 95% instead of 100%. It appears that a lot of DAP makers facing the same challenges. When you look at it objectively - whose is the issue really? If it was only FiiO with the problems - then yep, call them out. Its not though.

Jul 21, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #17,448 of 18,020
Its not that I like FiiO - its simply being objective. I'm petty sure Tidal can fix this, but FiiO can't. The issue is with the Tidal app. If you could just download the Tidal library off-line and then play it through FiiO Music or Neutron, it wouldn't be an issue (real pity you can't do that). Its the Tidal player that appears to be the issue I'm afraid. I'm sorry it doesn't meet your requirements. And I don't think they (FiiO) false advertised either. All they have in their adverts is:
"supports on-line music apps via wifi"
It's not really their fault that the Tidal app works 95% instead of 100%. It appears that a lot of DAP makers facing the same challenges. When you look at it objectively - whose is the issue really? If it was only FiiO with the problems - then yep, call them out. Its not though.
It's not just Tidal though. I've read reports of people having issues with other streaming services as well. What makes you so sure it's the Tidal app? I have it on a phone that's 6 years old with only 1 GB of Ram and it runs fine. I just don't understand how you know it's the Tidal player and not something with the X7 or for that matter the other android DAP's that are having this issue.

Jul 21, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #17,449 of 18,020
What other streaming services and what reports?

Jul 21, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #17,451 of 18,020
Yeah - Spotify does same with Cayin i5 also. Here's the problem - we know there are issues with both services with more than one type of DAP. That doesn't effectively say the manufacturers are the issue, or say the apps are the issue. So we don't really know. And until we do - its as much pointless me blaming the apps as you blaming the companies :wink:

Get what I mean? Too many variable - not enough hard info.

Jul 21, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #17,452 of 18,020
I'm still having Tidal problems on my X7. I only use it in offline mode and I have removed all extraneous apps, especially ones that can play audio. On issue still remains - after playing offline albums for 30-40 minutes, the X7 starts freezing for a few to 10 seconds, then continues playing. If I keep going, it becomes worse and worse. If I restart the Tidal app, it works for maybe 10-15 minutes before the same thing happens. Anybody have any ideas? If I can't resolve this, I will have to move my Tidal offline access to another player (probably my Pioneer XDP-300R) and then I probably won't have a good use for the X7 anymore (1SD slot is pretty lame - I have 14 other DAPs with more capacity).
Dear friend,

We did receive some feedback about the stuttering of the Tidal. We have got in touch with the develper of Tidal and we are working together to find a situation for the problem.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 21, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #17,453 of 18,020
Dear friend,

We did receive some feedback about the stuttering of the Tidal. We have got in touch with the develper of Tidal and we are working together to find a situation for the problem.

Best regards

Good job there!

Sorting out some device - app incompatibilities can be tricky, I know that from experience :darthsmile:

Jul 21, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #17,454 of 18,020
Ever thought for a second that it might also be the Tidal app? I've noticed some freezes and some stuttering. Got same thing with the Cayin i5. Unsure if this just means the Tidal app is more optimised for use with mobile phones with more powerful processors and possibly more RAM. I don't think FiiO is ignoring the issue - but more that its out of their control. It is Tidal's app and Tidal's player interface.
Could be the app however the X7 has way to many issues to rule it out. For example DLNA playback has never worked correctly. Its been out for two years so these issues should have been addressed by now. Just look on the FIIO site to see all the issues. We have been asking for replay gain from the beginning however they just keep wasting time adding needless features and themes instead of fixing issues and bugs. For example who asked for Viper and new themes???? I have not used mine for over 2 months because it's not reliable enough and does not function as advertised. On a positive note when it works it does sound great. If FIIO ever fixes these issues maybe I'll dig it out dust it off and use it again. I must say I will never purchase another FIIO DAP. It's not worth saving a little cash for a crippled player.

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #17,455 of 18,020
Hi everyone. I recently purchased the am3 module and installed it after removing the am1 attached to my x7. Well, as expected, it sounds amazing!

I just have one concern. It eats up power like anything. How many hours can you guys pull off with your x7 while using am3, both on regular and balanced output? Any tips for battery life aside from NOT using balanced output :ksc75smile:

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #17,456 of 18,020
Hi everyone. I recently purchased the am3 module and installed it after removing the am1 attached to my x7. Well, as expected, it sounds amazing!

I just have one concern. It eats up power like anything. How many hours can you guys pull off with your x7 while using am3, both on regular and balanced output? Any tips for battery life aside from NOT using balanced output :ksc75smile:

This review might help - I covered battery life in there

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #17,457 of 18,020
Dear friend,

There is a playback gain control in Viper effect. Maybe you can try this for help by now. We will try to add the replay gain function in later firmware as well.

Best regards
Hopefully this can be added in a beta soon with the new X7MKII? Having this in the Fiio Music App would put it far ahead of a lot of other Android DAP software.

Jul 31, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #17,458 of 18,020
I'm still having Tidal problems on my X7. I only use it in offline mode and I have removed all extraneous apps, especially ones that can play audio. On issue still remains - after playing offline albums for 30-40 minutes, the X7 starts freezing for a few to 10 seconds, then continues playing. If I keep going, it becomes worse and worse. If I restart the Tidal app, it works for maybe 10-15 minutes before the same thing happens. Anybody have any ideas? If I can't resolve this, I will have to move my Tidal offline access to another player (probably my Pioneer XDP-300R) and then I probably won't have a good use for the X7 anymore (1SD slot is pretty lame - I have 14 other DAPs with more capacity).
I noticed the problem of Tidal app too, hope FiiO can fix it soon with Tidal developers.
An off-topic question: why would anyone need 15 DAPs?

Jul 31, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #17,459 of 18,020
I noticed the problem of Tidal app too, hope FiiO can fix it soon with Tidal developers.
An off-topic question: why would anyone need 15 DAPs?
It's a hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back