FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 22, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #16,666 of 18,020
All,

Can anyone point me to the right direction where I can buy a spare clear plastic cover/housing for the x7? I'm referring to the same housing that came with the unit.

How about and rubber or Silicon housing?

Thanks.

Sent from Nokia 3210

I haven't seen any rubber or silicon cases, you can get some 3rd party leather cases, FiiO also has some leather cases.

The clear plastic housing is not for sale, but i think if you email FiiO, they'll be able to get you one.

for part numbers, see: http://fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41296

3rd party cases are usually found on amazon. I use one from Dignis. they're exquisite.

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #16,668 of 18,020
Thanks. I'll email fiio. I really prefer the clear plastic one. Leatherette is not an option for me for now. To bad no Silicon types available

Sent from Nokia 3210

I have one to sell for 250.000 $US
Or if want you can ask and I'll send it for you for free :)

Regards

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #16,670 of 18,020
Wow that sounds fantastic. I'll take you up with that deal if your good to go. That is - for the second option of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Sent from Nokia 3210

Ok, send me a PM with your address and we're ok to go.

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #16,672 of 18,020
 Hi, guys! 

I have a doubt:

I keep my X7 all the time connected to the K5 docking, because I usually listen to music on my desk.
Due to the fact that it is connected to the K5, the X7 is constantly charging the battery. Can this damage the x7 in any way?

Thanks a lot!

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #16,673 of 18,020
Quick question; When I use Neutron to go to the next song, the tracks fast forward instead of simply going to the next track. It also stops at "78" (which converts to 63~ or so in the actual OS) This a problem for anyone else?

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #16,674 of 18,020
   Hi, guys! 

I have a doubt:

I keep my X7 all the time connected to the K5 docking, because I usually listen to music on my desk.
Due to the fact that it is connected to the K5, the X7 is constantly charging the battery. Can this damage the x7 in any way?

Thanks a lot!

Dear Reboot,

Regarding X7 charging behaviour when connected to the K5:

1. While the device is charging
Because the computer USB port has limited current capacity, the battery is given priority for part of the charging current while the rest powers the device directly.  But if the current draw by the device is high, the battery participates in powering the device as well.  Hence, both the battery and the USB port take part in powering the device while the device is charging.
2. After the battery is full
Because there is no need to charge the battery anymore, the USB port would power the device directly.  The battery would neither be charged nor discharged.
In summary of the above, the powering scheme of the X7 ensures that the battery may be fully charged while at the same time guaranteeing proper function of the device.  Finally, the battery will be at rest after it is fully charged, thus guaranteeing extended battery life.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 23, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #16,675 of 18,020
Dear Reboot,

Regarding X7 charging behaviour when connected to the K5:

1. While the device is charging
Because the computer USB port has limited current capacity, the battery is given priority for part of the charging current while the rest powers the device directly.  But if the current draw by the device is high, the battery participates in powering the device as well.  Hence, both the battery and the USB port take part in powering the device while the device is charging.
2. After the battery is full
Because there is no need to charge the battery anymore, the USB port would power the device directly.  The battery would neither be charged nor discharged.
In summary of the above, the powering scheme of the X7 ensures that the battery may be fully charged while at the same time guaranteeing proper function of the device.  Finally, the battery will be at rest after it is fully charged, thus guaranteeing extended battery life.

Best regards

That is a very well thought design!

Is it the same for x5ii and x5-3?

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #16,678 of 18,020
  Quick question; When I use Neutron to go to the next song, the tracks fast forward instead of simply going to the next track. It also stops at "78" (which converts to 63~ or so in the actual OS) This a problem for anyone else?

long time no see, so you posted a while ago that you could achieve root and have v4a installed I tried your method and the v4a always showed it was no processing

were you sure that you got v4a on beta firmwares on fiio x7

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #16,679 of 18,020
  Another Chinese character in song titles to fix - in "Don´t Ever Let Nobody..." - the "´t" is replaced with a Chinese character

Slightly off-topic, but ´ is the wrong character to use. you should be using ' instead.

Of course this takes away nothing of the fact that ´t  shouldn't be changed to a chinese character.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #16,680 of 18,020

Slightly off-topic, but ´ is the wrong character to use. you should be using ' instead.

Of course this takes away nothing of the fact that ´t  shouldn't be changed to a chinese character.

Yeah, I noticed that, admittedly only when I cut & pasted it into here - but that was what was in the tags as supplied in the dsf file. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Interestingly (or maybe not) "Saucer ´n´ cup" and "Nothin´ like you used to do" display just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back