FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 11, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #16,261 of 18,020
Hi Paulo @Paulo Abreu

I found the new UI style to be less refined as the old one.
More colors/icons for instance. Or look at the VU Meter...

But of course, it is always a matter of personal taste.
I like things to be clear and reduced. The old UI style is, in my opinion, more reduced.

Plus the Android 5 Navigation Buttons at the bottom. (Not sure if they can actually change that) -  The old ones showed you clearly what they did. The new ones don't.

Jan 11, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #16,262 of 18,020
+1

by the way, I also prefer the old theme/UI.
The new one has too much contrast in color used. The old one is much smoother even soothing to my eyes. I like the simplicity of it.

I appreciate that FiiO keep both themes, and I hope they will keep it this way.

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #16,263 of 18,020
  Hi Paulo @Paulo Abreu

I found the new UI style to be less refined as the old one.
More colors/icons for instance. Or look at the VU Meter...

But of course, it is always a matter of personal taste.
I like things to be clear and reduced. The old UI style is, in my opinion, more reduced.

Plus the Android 5 Navigation Buttons at the bottom. (Not sure if they can actually change that) -  The old ones showed you clearly what they did. The new ones don't.

Thanks @TomKorn for feedback.

About the FiiO app main buttons in the new UI, IMHO they merge better with the new android 5.x navigation buttons - if you change the theme on FiiO app to the old one but keep FW 3.x then they don't look so coherent, but that also depends on the personal taste, one can prefer to distiguish better the android buttons from the app buttons.

Although I don't deslike the look of the new VU meter, I also prefer the look of the old one. But in general I prefer the new UI.

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #16,267 of 18,020

i wonder why scanning doesn't work for you, as it works fine for me?

​It does not work for a lot of us. Large libraries with properly-tagged files (including embedded artwork). On a collection with ~ 14000 files on 2x200GB cards, the unit freezes scanning somewhere between 6000 and 8000 typically...but sometimes less. But it NEVER gets through all the tracks,

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #16,268 of 18,020
Question regarding equalizer dropping volume output

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for everyone posting here - great resource of information and experiences!

I wondered if anyone else has noticed a significant volume hit as soon as the equalizer is turned on?  I'd estimate I lose around 25% of the current volume the moment it's active, regardless of which EQ profile is selected.  Is this normal and/or has this got anything to do with the Custom Volume setting (what IS that setting for??).

I'm using the standard AM1 module with 3.1.1 firmware and Android Mode (IEMs, no dock).

Any opinions regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jan 11, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #16,270 of 18,020
I think the problem is that his android mode turned into inverted colors :wink:

Jan 11, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #16,271 of 18,020
  Question regarding equalizer dropping volume output

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for everyone posting here - great resource of information and experiences!

I wondered if anyone else has noticed a significant volume hit as soon as the equalizer is turned on?  I'd estimate I lose around 25% of the current volume the moment it's active, regardless of which EQ profile is selected.  Is this normal and/or has this got anything to do with the Custom Volume setting (what IS that setting for??).

I'm using the standard AM1 module with 3.1.1 firmware and Android Mode (IEMs, no dock).

Any opinions regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

AFAIK this is normal and intentional. When you activate EQ you can potentially increase levels on specific frequencies up to +6db - this would result in clipping for many tracks already recorded in very high levels (up to -10 ... -5 to 0db). So FiiO decreases level on all the range resulting in an equal flat response but with lower output so that you can safely increase the frequencies you want ... [Edit] and you'll want to raise volume too ...

My 2 cents

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #16,272 of 18,020
Hi,

AFAIK this is normal and intentional. When you activate EQ you can potentially increase levels on specific frequencies up to +6db - this would result in clipping for many tracks already recorded in very high levels (up to -10 ... -5 to 0db). So FiiO decreases level on all the range resulting in an equal flat response but with lower output so that you can safely increase the frequencies you want ... [Edit] and you'll want to raise volume too ...

My 2 cents

That'd make sense - thanks.

Any idea what the Custom Volume setting is in the music app? I can't see where that makes any difference via the headphone jack. Something to do with line out or the Fiio amp maybe?

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #16,273 of 18,020
That'd make sense - thanks.

Any idea what the Custom Volume setting is in the music app? I can't see where that makes any difference via the headphone jack. Something to do with line out or the Fiio amp maybe?

When you set a custom volume X7 resets that volume [headphones] whenever is shutdown or rebooted. Its usefull, I set it to my safe level of listening with IEMS for any chance of forgetting to lower volume after listening with full size headphones at higher volumes

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #16,274 of 18,020
When you set a custom volume X7 resets that volume [headphones] whenever is shutdown or rebooted. Its usefull, I set it to my safe level of listening with IEMS for any chance of forgetting to lower volume after listening with full size headphones at higher volumes

Nice feature - that makes sense and thanks again Paulo for your replies.

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #16,275 of 18,020
Tonight I have not been able to listen to music. Each time the display was in sleep, the music would stop, and to resume playback I had to turn on the display everytime. Sadly my patience is exhausted, my adventure with this device ends here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back