FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 9, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #16,246 of 18,020
After instal 3.1.2, i can't scroll down spotify setting. I can't change spotify quality of song and save location in my fiio x7. 4 times i has repeated instal and uninstal, clear cache etc, can't resolve my problem. After change to pure music must rescan again. Thanks

Please, help me..

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #16,247 of 18,020
  I had real issues with the betas when i changed cards, the X7 kept rejecting the files as format not supported. I contacted Fiio who were helpful but did not solve the problem.

I reset the database, rebooted etc. and nothing worked, then i tried resetting to factory default settings and wonderfully this worked and all the files scanned and work (i am using alac - apple lossless files)

hope this helps someone.

d

Confirmed on my side. I updated from 3.0.13 to 3.1.2 OTA, and right after reboot I tried scanning which failed after a hundred songs. Then I went in Settings and pressed Factory data reset. After reset, scanning was perfectly functional.

I still experience the bug with RM1 I reported a few days ago with beta 3.1.1, though.

So I made a video to show the problem.

1 - I start playback with RM1 and wait for the screen to turn itself off.

2 - After 1'30" of music playing, play/pause button is pressed a few times to make sure RM1 controls the player. No problem yet.

3 - Playback is left on PAUSE during 1'30" : no action on RM1 or on the X7.

4 - Then I try to resume playback with RM1 : it doesn't work anymore, no matter how many times I press play on the remote.

5 - Once I turn the X7 screen on manually, the player accepts to be controlled by RM1 again.

I find using the remote very convenient when I'm on the move, the player safely tucked in an inner pocket of my winter jacket. If I need to hear an announcement when I'm commuting, or need to pause my music when I enter a shop and want to resume it once I leave the place, it's great to control the player with the small remote without having to fish out the X7 every time.

This bug only occurs with beta 3.1.1 and 3.1.2

On a side note : I love my X7 + AM5 with my Earsonics EM32 ciems. Fantastic synergy <3

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #16,248 of 18,020
DAC connectivity on Mac OSX seems to have gone down the drain at least for me. I noticed when using the X7 as a DAC on my Macbook Pro, it's harder to get it working properly. I need to plug, unplug, and/or reset my X7. Otherwise, the sound cuts out. It seems to be the same as before when I run the Windows 10 partition on my Macbook...

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #16,249 of 18,020

2 - After 1'30" of music playing, play/pause button is pressed a few times to make sure RM1 controls the player. No problem yet.

4 - Then I try to resume playback with RM1 : it doesn't work anymore, no matter how many times I press play on the remote.

5 - Once I turn the X7 screen on manually, the player accepts to be controlled by RM1 again.

I noticed the same thing but I just got RM1 recently and had no chance to check it with firmware lower than 3.1.2 beta.

It is default Android behavior (it will ignore any key presses except power/home and volume when in sleep - and it sleeps few sec after the screen is locked) and X7 in it's early days also had this issue with it's own hardware buttons. If it worked in previous firmwares it's probably not a complicated fix.
  DAC connectivity on Mac OSX seems to have gone down the drain at least for me. I noticed when using the X7 as a DAC on my Macbook Pro, it's harder to get it working properly. I need to plug, unplug, and/or reset my X7. Otherwise, the sound cuts out. It seems to be the same as before when I run the Windows 10 partition on my Macbook...

Can confirm that DAC functionality still has some issues on Windows 10.

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #16,250 of 18,020
  I noticed the same thing but I just got RM1 recently and had no chance to check it with firmware lower than 3.1.2 beta.

It is default Android behavior (it will ignore any key presses except power/home and volume when in sleep - and it sleeps few sec after the screen is locked) and X7 in it's early days also had this issue with it's own hardware buttons. If it worked in previous firmwares it's probably not a complicated fix.
Can confirm that DAC functionality still has some issues on Windows 10.

When I revert to 3.0.13, it works fine. So for now I have to choose between gapless playback and RM1 functionality... :)

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #16,251 of 18,020

Confirmed on my side. I updated from 3.0.13 to 3.1.2 OTA, and right after reboot I tried scanning which failed after a hundred songs. Then I went in Settings and pressed Factory data reset. After reset, scanning was perfectly functional.

I still experience the bug with RM1 I reported a few days ago with beta 3.1.1, though.

So I made a video to show the problem.

I find using the remote very convenient when I'm on the move, the player safely tucked in an inner pocket of my winter jacket. If I need to hear an announcement when I'm commuting, or need to pause my music when I enter a shop and want to resume it once I leave the place, it's great to control the player with the small remote without having to fish out the X7 every time.

This bug only occurs with beta 3.1.1 and 3.1.2

On a side note : I love my X7 + AM5 with my Earsonics EM32 ciems. Fantastic synergy <3

Dear lafeuill,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have reported this to the software team. It may take some time for confirming the issue. Sorry if bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 10, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #16,253 of 18,020
 I feel silly asking this ....... How do I turn off off alphabetical listing in playlists created on X7  FW 3.11? ( Fiio Music Player)
So far I can only reverse the order of the alphabet.
Both favorites and named lists act this way.

Am curious if ANYONE here listens to playlists alphabetically?

Not possible at this time. Hopefully FiiO makes it possible in the future, but for now i suggest making m3u(8) playlists yourself (it's what I do).

I will send an example soon.(see below) If you're on windows, you'll have to reverse the slashes between directories, and add a Byte Order Mark to the file.

Kate for windows can do that.

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:622, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos I
A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 101 - Atomos I.flac
#EXTINF:258, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos II
A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 102 - Atomos II.flac

I have all my music on the µSD card, on root the artist directories, within each directory the album directories, and in those directories the tracks.

The above was generated using Puddletag (on GNU/Linux). MP3tag on windows will have the '/' the other way around for each directory.

I doubt anyone would play their music in alphabetical order per trackname.

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #16,254 of 18,020
Not possible at this time. Hopefully FiiO makes it possible in the future, but for now i suggest making m3u(8) playlists yourself (it's what I do).

I will send an example soon.(see below) If you're on windows, you'll have to reverse the slashes between directories, and add a Byte Order Mark to the file.

Kate for windows can do that. Code:
Code:
 #EXTM3U #EXTINF:622, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos I A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 101 - Atomos I.flac #EXTINF:258, A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos II A Winged Victory For The Sullen/2014 - Atomos/A Winged Victory For The Sullen - 2014 - Atomos - 102 - Atomos II.flac

I have all my music on the µSD card, on root the artist directories, within each directory the album directories, and in those directories the tracks.

The above was generated using Puddletag (on GNU/Linux). MP3tag on windows will have the '/' the other way around for each directory.

I doubt anyone would play their music in alphabetical order per trackname.

Ah... well that certainly takes takes the fun and spontaneity out of the whole thing.
Thanks for the intel, I'll stop trying to figure it out.

I'll also keep praying for add to que  or now playing - a feature that has been around for quite awhile on other players

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #16,257 of 18,020
Edited by TomKorn at 2017-1-11 16:35​

Hello there.

I installed the 3.1.2 FW yesterday. Could'nt test all the functions but basic stuff seems to work just fine.

One thing however could be a showstopper for me: The new UI.
The old UI was (in my opinion as a UI/UX designer) so much more coherent/aesthetic/beautiful than the new one! 

Question: What happened? Do you have a new UI designer? Will the UI in FW V3 remain as it is at this point? Because if it does, i will have to revert to FW 2.0. 

The X7 was really beautiful with the old UI, this is a clear step back!

Regards

Tom 

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #16,258 of 18,020

Hello there.

I installed the 3.1.2 FW yesterday. Could'nt test all the functions but basic stuff seems to work just fine.

The old UI was (in my opinion as a UI/UX designer) so much more coherent/aesthetic/beautiful than the new one! 

Question: What happened? Do you have a new UI designer? Will the UI in FW V3 remain as it is at this point? Because if it does, i will have to revert to FW 2.0. 

Regards

Tom 

Go to settings in FiiO App and tap 'Theme'. Fixed.

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #16,260 of 18,020

Hello there.

Regards

Tom 

Hi @TomKorn,

Just as a curiousity, what didn't you like in the new UI?

Obviously its your taste but you're the 1st person I hear that didn't like it. Basically everthing is in the same place, navigation, buttons, all the same, the only difference is the Theme colors and iconograph. Good FiiO kept both options, a couple more in the future would be nice (after the final stable FW...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back